Genzyme

Relevance Date Difficulty

QC Analyst I Interview

QC Analyst I
Framingham, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Genzyme in April 2014.

Interview Details – Sent up there by a recruiter as I have years of experience in every facet of the job, told it was a temp position, during course of interview was told its permanent

Interview Question – Guy Im interviewing with out of the blue says "you know everybody else you would be working with is 15-20 years younger than you"   View Answer

Principal Regulatory Affairs Associate Interview

Principal Regulatory Affairs Associate
Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Genzyme.

Interview Details – The hiring process was quiet smooth and quick as I was called in for face to face interview directly without a phone screening. I had a small general conversation with one of the HR rep within a week of applying for this position. All in all a smooth experience and all the interviewers were very professional. I actually got the denial email from hiring manager and also got feedback on my interview performance and areas of improvement. Based on that conversation I believe I did make a cut but somebody was better than me else you normally don't hear back from the hiring manager and definitely not a feedback on your performance.

Interview Question – All the questions asked were standard questions, in fact the interview was more of a conversation than an interview.   Answer Question

Principal Production Planning Analyst Interview

Principal Production Planning Analyst
Framingham, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Genzyme.

Interview Details – I was an internal transfer, so I met with the Plant Manager to discuss the position. I submitted my resume to HR and they processed the paperwork to move me into my new role. The interview process for external applicants is much more detailed and complex. You will need to submit your resume online, and you will be contacted by HR if they are interested. Typically you will go through multiple interview sessions before a hiring decision is made. You can negotiate your salary, but there are salary ranges for each job level, and they will not typically exceed the maximum amount for the grade.

Interview Question – Are you interested in this position, and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since this was an internal transfer, the negotiation phase was simple. The position was one level higher than my current job, so a slight pay increase was added to my salary.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Framingham, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Genzyme.

Interview Details – Meet with multiple people. Start with HR, then Hiring manager, then the rest of the team. Scientists individually, but associates are grouped together as a tribunal. Then back to HR. For second interview, you will meet director team again, maybe will give small seminar.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual. Genzyme doesn't require a formal psych evaluation style interview that places like Merck use. Basically you will be asked about your experience etc. and things relevant to the actual position write up.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Definitely negotiate. The offer is below market and if you accept it, that salary will blunt your future salary raises/promotions for your career.

Document Specialist II Interview

Document Specialist II
Allston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Genzyme in June 2011.

Interview Details – Temp to perm. They do not value temps and will try to keep you on as a temp employee for as long as possible. Asked behavioral questions. Interested in how you'll work under pressure. Require high level of experience for admin work. Meet with 5 interviewers so be prepared to be there a couple hours.

Interview Questions

• Example of conflict with coworker and how resolved it?   Answer Question
  • How do you manage competing priorities/can you work in a fast-paced environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Cannot negotiate. Not much money in budget. Colleague who moved laterally from another position (FTE to FTE) took a pay cut. Be prepared to work hard with poor compensation. Terrible work environment - unprofessional.

Scientist Interview

Scientist
Framingham, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Genzyme in March 2009.

Interview Details – Totally different than when I was hired

Negotiation Details – Easy

Epidemiologist/Bio Statistician Interview

Epidemiologist/Bio Statistician

Interviewed at Genzyme

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter for the position. I had a great phone call with the hiring manager and was invited for an on-site interview. The travel arrangements were made to my specifications. Genzyme even sent a driver to pick me up from the airport. The interview itself went fine, but after a week, I found out from the recruiter that Genzyme had frozen the position and couldn't hire. The hiring manager said that she'd contact me but never did.

Interview Question – How advanced are your SAS programming skills?   Answer Question

Development Associate Interview

Development Associate
Framingham, MA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Genzyme in September 2012.

Interview Details – Questions related to previous experiencs and techniques

Senior Training Specialist Interview

Senior Training Specialist
Framingham, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Genzyme.

Interview Details – The interview process was smooth and quick. I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter to do a phone screen. After that, I was invited on-site for an interview. The on-site interview was about 2.5 hrs and consisted of 30 minute sessions with each of the following: the hiring manager, their manager, and 2 other department managers. After the on-site interview, I was asked to come in and present a 10-15 minute presentation. In addition to the 4 people I had already interviewed with, there were 2 other people observing the presentation. I was contacted a few days later with an offer. Overall, the entire process took about 4 weeks.

Interview Question – The questions were standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a small sign-on bonus

Validation Specialist I Interview

Validation Specialist I
Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Genzyme in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed at two Genzyme locations: Framingham MA and Cambridge MA. Recruiter called to conduct initial phone screen- asked questions regarding prior experience, desire to relocate, why I was looking to leave current job. Next step was phone conversation with hiring manager, then moved on to personal interview. Company covered all travel expenses and arranged for hotel. Interview was conducted with hiring manager, other team members, director of department, and recruiter (all separately). Interviews were relaxed yet professional, questions were not difficult or unreasonable.

Did not receive offer on either position. Received feedback regarding candidacy status only from recruiter (and only after followup email asking for it), no helpful feedback otherwise. Job descriptions are not accurate and do not specify what experience is favored- even if you meet all the requirements as listed you will still be passed over.

Interview Question – If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?   Answer Question

Worked for Genzyme? Contribute to the Community!