Genzyme Interview Questions in Framingham, MA

2.5

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

QC Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Genzyme in April 2014.

Sent up there by a recruiter as I have years of experience in every facet of the job, told it was a temp position, during course of interview was told its permanent

Interview Questions
    • Guy Im interviewing with out of the blue says "you know everybody else you would be working with is 15-20 years younger than you"   View Answer

Principal Production Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Genzyme.

I was an internal transfer, so I met with the Plant Manager to discuss the position. I submitted my resume to HR and they processed the paperwork to move me into my new role. The interview process for external applicants is much more detailed and complex. You will need to submit your resume online, and you will be contacted by HR if they are interested. Typically you will go through multiple interview sessions before a hiring decision is made. You can negotiate your salary, but there are salary ranges for each job level, and they will not typically exceed the maximum amount for the grade.

Interview Questions
    Since this was an internal transfer, the negotiation phase was simple. The position was one level higher than my current job, so a slight pay increase was added to my salary.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Genzyme.

Meet with multiple people. Start with HR, then Hiring manager, then the rest of the team. Scientists individually, but associates are grouped together as a tribunal. Then back to HR. For second interview, you will meet director team again, maybe will give small seminar.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual. Genzyme doesn't require a formal psych evaluation style interview that places like Merck use. Basically you will be asked about your experience etc. and things relevant to the actual position write up.   Answer Question
    Definitely negotiate. The offer is below market and if you accept it, that salary will blunt your future salary raises/promotions for your career.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Genzyme in March 2009.

Totally different than when I was hired

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Genzyme in September 2012.

Questions related to previous experiencs and techniques

Senior Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Genzyme.

The interview process was smooth and quick. I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter to do a phone screen. After that, I was invited on-site for an interview. The on-site interview was about 2.5 hrs and consisted of 30 minute sessions with each of the following: the hiring manager, their manager, and 2 other department managers. After the on-site interview, I was asked to come in and present a 10-15 minute presentation. In addition to the 4 people I had already interviewed with, there were 2 other people observing the presentation. I was contacted a few days later with an offer. Overall, the entire process took about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate a small sign-on bonus

QC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Very relaxed interview with 4 different individuals. Was not at all as tense as expected. I was made to fell very comfortable and treated very well. The interviewers were very nice friendly people. The questions were all work related. None of the questions were the typical nonsense so prevalent these days. It was all to the point and just like it should be.

I wish all interviews were so correctly done.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. The most unexpected was preparing for the difficult phoney baloney only to get straightforward good old fashioned decency and honesty. Pretty sure I just ran into four very decent people.   Answer Question
    Fast and acceptable. HR person was the only bad part.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Genzyme in March 2013.

The person you will be working under will interview you first followed by an interview by the group leader. The overall interview process was overall relaxed. They did not ask many technical questions and it is mainly your job to ask questions about the position, company, and group. It is also important to really show that you are interested specifically in the field the position is related to or in a specific aspect of the job (i.e. a certain type of bioreactor). The interviewers spent a lot of time telling me about the position and my numerous questions definitely showed them my immense interest. Another big tip, especially if your interviewers are as relaxed as mine, try to think of the interview as a conversation with long-lost friends that you have just reconnected with.

Interview Questions
    A Genzyme HR called me about the offer. A third-party company is in charge of payroll for the interns / co-ops and they will contact you with forms. For interns / Co-op, I don't think salary is negotiable.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Genzyme in February 2012.

I was first contacted by someone from HR via telephone, who asked me basic questions about my experience, why I'm looking for a new job, and why am I interested in the position. I was then contacted a few days later (also by phone) by the hiring manager, who asked me more in depth questions about my experience as well as about my role in my current lab/relationship with my colleagues. About a week after that I went in for an in person interview, where I met the same rep from HR, the hiring manager, and several of my future colleagues (each individually). The atmosphere was very relaxed, I did not ever feel as though I was being interrogated and the questions prompted more of a discussion than an interview. I was very nervous going in but quickly was made at ease. They answered all of my questions happily, and the HR rep was ready to discuss benefits (which I was always taught not to ask about during an interview). The interview was long (3ish hrs) but the time really flew, and everyone was very helpful and kind. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    I was offered much more than I expected, and so did not negotiate. I did have to discuss a vacation which I had already planned before applying, and they were happy to accommodate without an issue.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Genzyme in March 2012.

After applying online in October 2011, i was contacted by Genzyme a week later, had a phone interview with the hiring manager, and the senior staff. 2 days later, i was contacted by the HR and was invited to give a talk. I gave them several options for dates, but they never got back to me. I sent the HR manager an email to request a date for the onsite interview, but he responded that he was still waiting for the hiring manager to get back to him. They finally contacted me in February and explained to me that because of a hiring freeze and the merger with Sanofi everything was delayed. I went for an onsite interview, gave a talk. It took them a while to check the references. I got another offer in the meantime, and finally the Genzyme offer came in 3 weeks after the interview.

Fair, but I had 2 offers, and it was easier to negotiate. If you are reasonable, they want you to be happy.

Worked for Genzyme? Contribute to the Community!