Genzyme Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2014
Updated Jul 19, 2014

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Genzyme in March 2010.

Waste of time. Met with 4 people asking personal questions and conducting a so-called "psychological evaluation".

Interview Questions
    • What would you changed about yourself?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Genzyme in May 2008.

I was called into a brightly lit but plain conference room. Next thing I know the interviewer wants to do a fifteen-minute roleplaying session where I am trying to convince a college professor that a suggested idea is beneficial to him. He then acts way too difficult and in addition then starts to go off on some roleplaying tangent about how his wife left him and he has no desire to do anything at work let alone our plan for implementing a change. Most awkward and strange interview ever.

Interview Questions
    • What do you not like about this company from what you see?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I met with 4 people one by one and it was a behavioral interview. Each interviewer asked few questions each regarding specific situations that I may have faced at work.

Quality Control Analyst I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Genzyme in October 2008.

I applied in september but interviewed mid-october of that year. It was a Round Robin interview with multiple departments. I found out within a week which dept chose me but it took a month for HR to get back to me after that. Then I didnt start until December.

Human Resources Interview

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Genzyme in September 2009.

Multiple in person interviews over several months. Company invested heavily in having candidates meet with multiple stakeholders - I appreciated that they took the process seriously.

Interview Questions
    • Examples of partnering effectively across different HR functions?   Answer Question

QC Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Framingham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

The process took 5 months - interviewed at Genzyme in November 2011.

Extremely lengthy and requirements did not seem appropriate for the position.
    Difficult to get feedback from HR, especially since process from application to 1st phone interview was almost 3 months...by the 4th month I had decided to forget about the position and then I was called back for a full day of interview and presentation, which resulted in never hearing back.
    Once I contacted HR, I was told they needed more experience. I guess their needs changed since the position was initially 2 levels lower than the one I was actually interviewing for.
    They don't seem organized enough to know what they need upfront.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't so much as the interview as it was communicating with the company   Answer Question
    • The needs of the department must not have been clear to them since they wasted my time for over 5 months   Answer Question

Manufacturing Shift Support Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Haverhill, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haverhill, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Genzyme in November 2012.

This took over 5 months for me, but at every step they where open, and responded well.

First: Phone Interview, lasts about an hour, questions about the job, how you would solve certain problems, and improve others.

Second: In-Person, at the facility, I got a tour around the place, and it took about 3 hours. Questions are similar to the phone interview, but a bit more focused on the job. Pre-planning for questions is essential, and I advise you to do it!!

Overall, it was pleasant, but I failed to get the job due to Sanofi buy-out. HR was quick at responding, and it wasn't there fault, but more because of the big wigs at Sanofi.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding training, process solutions to machines breaking down, and what I would do if a part of the process failed.

All basically revolved around validation and QA principles.
        Answer Question

QA Doc Spec Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Genzyme in July 2010.

I was led to a small office where each of 4 interviewers came in succession to ask their battery of questions. The first three were pleasant, explained their needs in a candidate and made notations. The fourth barely looked at me only once--upon arrival. The questioning was interrogational and the notes were more a transcription of my answers, which may have been why they failed to look at me when I spoke to them throughout the session. I had a good feeling about the interview until this last person came in.

During this lengthy interview, I was not offered even a glass of water, given any kind of tour or other such courtesy. I would have taken the job if offered, but in retrospect, it is probably best that I was not.

Interview Questions
    • It was not the content of the interview questions that made it difficult   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genzyme in January 2010.

I had applied online and got a telephonic interview which was pretty basic, they wanted to know more about my background, my previous job experiences and why I wanted to switch fields. I had to wait for about 2 weeks till I got an offer for an onsite interview. This was technical as well as behavioral..

Senior Regional Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Genzyme in April 2010.

It was rather long, and with 5 people interviewing over 2 months, we all felt it rather tedious and straining. In the end, having worked closely with many of the people who interviewed me, I understood why the situation was as such.

I, myself conducted several rounds of interview for subsequent candidates in my department and I managed to help them better understand and appreciate our processes.

Interview Questions
    They agreed to my request and I agreed not to negotiate on terms

Worked for Genzyme? Contribute to the Community!