Genzyme

Updated Dec 16, 2014

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genzyme in May 2008.

I was called into a brightly lit but plain conference room. Next thing I know the interviewer wants to do a fifteen-minute roleplaying session where I am trying to convince a college professor that a suggested idea is beneficial to him. He then acts way too difficult and in addition then starts to go off on some roleplaying tangent about how his wife left him and he has no desire to do anything at work let alone our plan for implementing a change. Most awkward and strange interview ever.

Interview Questions
    • What do you not like about this company from what you see?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genzyme in March 2010.

Waste of time. Met with 4 people asking personal questions and conducting a so-called "psychological evaluation".

Interview Questions
    • What would you changed about yourself?   View Answer

QC Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Genzyme in November 2011.

Extremely lengthy and requirements did not seem appropriate for the position.
    Difficult to get feedback from HR, especially since process from application to 1st phone interview was almost 3 months...by the 4th month I had decided to forget about the position and then I was called back for a full day of interview and presentation, which resulted in never hearing back.
    Once I contacted HR, I was told they needed more experience. I guess their needs changed since the position was initially 2 levels lower than the one I was actually interviewing for.
    They don't seem organized enough to know what they need upfront.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't so much as the interview as it was communicating with the company   Answer Question
    • The needs of the department must not have been clear to them since they wasted my time for over 5 months   Answer Question

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genzyme in April 2009.

Interview was good. Presentation went well followed by tough technical questions. I could manage to answer most of them if not all. One the manager was intimidating. May be his way of asking was little argumentative.

Went well . Normal. Ask of little higher than market price, as they will bring down the offer eventually.

Human Resources Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Genzyme in September 2009.

Multiple in person interviews over several months. Company invested heavily in having candidates meet with multiple stakeholders - I appreciated that they took the process seriously.

Interview Questions
    • Examples of partnering effectively across different HR functions?   Answer Question

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Genzyme in November 2009.

Initial communications with HR were very pleasant. I was fortunate to have a great rep who was very communicative and conducted my initial phone interview, which was rather comprehensive. My first interview was with the head of Sales and it was very dry and boring. I did not have the impression that my resume had been reviewed prior to the interview. My second interview was with the head of Operations and it was an instant click. From there I was able to land a great manager and position.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate an additional 10K to my salary. It's always worthwhile to ask if the offer is flexible and present comparable salaries. Be respectful and informed and you have a good opportunity to increase your offer.

Senior Regional Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Genzyme in April 2010.

It was rather long, and with 5 people interviewing over 2 months, we all felt it rather tedious and straining. In the end, having worked closely with many of the people who interviewed me, I understood why the situation was as such.

I, myself conducted several rounds of interview for subsequent candidates in my department and I managed to help them better understand and appreciate our processes.

Interview Questions
    They agreed to my request and I agreed not to negotiate on terms

CLINICAL SCIENCE ASSOCIATE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lucknow (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lucknow (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Genzyme in August 2009.

5 ROUNDS including discussion with B U Head .Video conferencing with top management and one to one interview with HR and sales manager .After clering all the interviews you have to share the expected salary and most of the timesit matches with company HR Policies .

Interview Questions
    • which is the biggest dream you want to come true in your life professional or personal   View Answer
    it was a discussion with sharing many new benefits which i was not knowing .

Manufacturing Shift Support Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haverhill, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haverhill, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Genzyme in November 2012.

This took over 5 months for me, but at every step they where open, and responded well.

First: Phone Interview, lasts about an hour, questions about the job, how you would solve certain problems, and improve others.

Second: In-Person, at the facility, I got a tour around the place, and it took about 3 hours. Questions are similar to the phone interview, but a bit more focused on the job. Pre-planning for questions is essential, and I advise you to do it!!

Overall, it was pleasant, but I failed to get the job due to Sanofi buy-out. HR was quick at responding, and it wasn't there fault, but more because of the big wigs at Sanofi.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding training, process solutions to machines breaking down, and what I would do if a part of the process failed.

All basically revolved around validation and QA principles.

Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I met with 4 people one by one and it was a behavioral interview. Each interviewer asked few questions each regarding specific situations that I may have faced at work.