Genzyme Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

Interview

On campus recruiting with HR and Manager. Later went for an on site interview as well and got the job

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Genzyme.

Interview

For the on campus process, two interviewers came. each 15 minutes. Two or three weeks later, I got an email to schedule an on site interview. The on site interview was one hour long with two people again.

QA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genzyme.

Interview

Lots of physiological questions. 30 mins with 4 different supervisors.

Process Engineer I Interview

Interview

I got interviewed nd approve every post before it appears on our site, and in the case that the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate action.We will not post reviews containing: Rants, venting, or obscenities Personal insults or defamatory attacks (by name, title, or association)

Interview Questions

• Personal insults or defamatory attacks (by name, title, or association) Aggressive or discriminatory language Trade secrets or information protected by employer contracts   Answer Question

Facilities Interview

Interview

The process takes many weeks and they leave you with question marks unanswered.

Process Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genzyme.

Interview

Typical interview process for biopharma

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They make an offer. No negotiation.

Interview

Initially contacted by a 3rd party recruiter. I had both phone and in-person interviews. As large as Genzyme/Sanofi is, they have not developed the maturity it appears to have a more formal interview process where the interviewers have been trained on how to interview.

Negotiation

Spent a few days on salary negotiations

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genzyme (Framingham, MA) in March 2009.

Interview

Totally different than when I was hired

Epidemiologist/Bio Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for the position. I had a great phone call with the hiring manager and was invited for an on-site interview. The travel arrangements were made to my specifications. Genzyme even sent a driver to pick me up from the airport. The interview itself went fine, but after a week, I found out from the recruiter that Genzyme had frozen the position and couldn't hire. The hiring manager said that she'd contact me but never did.

QC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Interview

Very relaxed interview with 4 different individuals. Was not at all as tense as expected. I was made to fell very comfortable and treated very well. The interviewers were very nice friendly people. The questions were all work related. None of the questions were the typical nonsense so prevalent these days. It was all to the point and just like it should be. I wish all interviews were so correctly done.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. The most unexpected was preparing for the difficult phoney baloney only to get straightforward good old fashioned decency and honesty. Pretty sure I just ran into four very decent people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fast and acceptable. HR person was the only bad part.