Genzyme Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

Biostatisticians Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Genzyme.

Interview

Applied online and approximately a week later got an email from HR to schedule an phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview lasted about 30/40 mins with mostly technical questions and haven't heard back since.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions and questions on fixed effects/random effects/GLM/non-parametric models,collinearity,PCA, factor analysis, DOE   Answer Question

QC Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Genzyme (Framingham, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Sent in by recruiter, originally told was a contract position, found out at interview was for permanent job. Met with 2 QC supervisors individually one at a time, who asked basic questions about my experience.

Interview Questions

• Second interviewer said to me "you know everyone else in department is 15-20 years younger than you"   1 Answer

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Interview

Initially contacted by a 3rd party recruiter. I had both phone and in-person interviews. As large as Genzyme/Sanofi is, they have not developed the maturity it appears to have a more formal interview process where the interviewers have been trained on how to interview.

Negotiation

Spent a few days on salary negotiations

Process Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genzyme.

Interview

Typical interview process for biopharma

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They make an offer. No negotiation.

Facilities Interview

Interview

The process takes many weeks and they leave you with question marks unanswered.

Process Engineer I Interview

Interview

I got interviewed nd approve every post before it appears on our site, and in the case that the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate action.We will not post reviews containing:

Rants, venting, or obscenities
    Personal insults or defamatory attacks (by name, title, or association)

Interview Questions

• Personal insults or defamatory attacks (by name, title, or association)
      Aggressive or discriminatory language
      Trade secrets or information protected by employer contracts

Answer Question

Epidemiologist/Bio Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for the position. I had a great phone call with the hiring manager and was invited for an on-site interview. The travel arrangements were made to my specifications. Genzyme even sent a driver to pick me up from the airport. The interview itself went fine, but after a week, I found out from the recruiter that Genzyme had frozen the position and couldn't hire. The hiring manager said that she'd contact me but never did.

QA Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Genzyme.

Interview

Lots of physiological questions. 30 mins with 4 different supervisors.

Senior Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Genzyme (Framingham, MA).

Interview

The interview process was smooth and quick. I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter to do a phone screen. After that, I was invited on-site for an interview. The on-site interview was about 2.5 hrs and consisted of 30 minute sessions with each of the following: the hiring manager, their manager, and 2 other department managers. After the on-site interview, I was asked to come in and present a 10-15 minute presentation. In addition to the 4 people I had already interviewed with, there were 2 other people observing the presentation. I was contacted a few days later with an offer. Overall, the entire process took about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a small sign-on bonus

QC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Interview

Very relaxed interview with 4 different individuals. Was not at all as tense as expected. I was made to fell very comfortable and treated very well. The interviewers were very nice friendly people. The questions were all work related. None of the questions were the typical nonsense so prevalent these days. It was all to the point and just like it should be.

I wish all interviews were so correctly done.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. The most unexpected was preparing for the difficult phoney baloney only to get straightforward good old fashioned decency and honesty. Pretty sure I just ran into four very decent people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fast and acceptable. HR person was the only bad part.