Genzyme Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

Senior Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Genzyme (Framingham, MA).

Interview

The interview process was smooth and quick. I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter to do a phone screen. After that, I was invited on-site for an interview. The on-site interview was about 2.5 hrs and consisted of 30 minute sessions with each of the following: the hiring manager, their manager, and 2 other department managers. After the on-site interview, I was asked to come in and present a 10-15 minute presentation. In addition to the 4 people I had already interviewed with, there were 2 other people observing the presentation. I was contacted a few days later with an offer. Overall, the entire process took about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a small sign-on bonus

QC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Interview

Very relaxed interview with 4 different individuals. Was not at all as tense as expected. I was made to fell very comfortable and treated very well. The interviewers were very nice friendly people. The questions were all work related. None of the questions were the typical nonsense so prevalent these days. It was all to the point and just like it should be. I wish all interviews were so correctly done.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. The most unexpected was preparing for the difficult phoney baloney only to get straightforward good old fashioned decency and honesty. Pretty sure I just ran into four very decent people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fast and acceptable. HR person was the only bad part.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Genzyme.

Interview

For the on campus process, two interviewers came. each 15 minutes. Two or three weeks later, I got an email to schedule an on site interview. The on site interview was one hour long with two people again.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genzyme (Framingham, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

The person you will be working under will interview you first followed by an interview by the group leader. The overall interview process was overall relaxed. They did not ask many technical questions and it is mainly your job to ask questions about the position, company, and group. It is also important to really show that you are interested specifically in the field the position is related to or in a specific aspect of the job (i.e. a certain type of bioreactor). The interviewers spent a lot of time telling me about the position and my numerous questions definitely showed them my immense interest. Another big tip, especially if your interviewers are as relaxed as mine, try to think of the interview as a conversation with long-lost friends that you have just reconnected with.

Interview Questions

• "Does this kind of job interest you"   1 Answer

Negotiation

A Genzyme HR called me about the offer. A third-party company is in charge of payroll for the interns / co-ops and they will contact you with forms. For interns / Co-op, I don't think salary is negotiable.

Validation Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Genzyme (Cambridge, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

Interviewed at two Genzyme locations: Framingham MA and Cambridge MA. Recruiter called to conduct initial phone screen- asked questions regarding prior experience, desire to relocate, why I was looking to leave current job. Next step was phone conversation with hiring manager, then moved on to personal interview. Company covered all travel expenses and arranged for hotel. Interview was conducted with hiring manager, other team members, director of department, and recruiter (all separately). Interviews were relaxed yet professional, questions were not difficult or unreasonable. Did not receive offer on either position. Received feedback regarding candidacy status only from recruiter (and only after followup email asking for it), no helpful feedback otherwise. Job descriptions are not accurate and do not specify what experience is favored- even if you meet all the requirements as listed you will still be passed over.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?   Answer Question

Interview

On campus recruiting with HR and Manager. Later went for an on site interview as well and got the job

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Genzyme in February 2013.

Interview

The interview was a joke, the hr first spoke and then arranged a one on one with hiring manager. The hiring manager seemed very interested. I was positive that I did well. I did not hear back from anyone after that. I sent a follow up email and got no response. I totally agree with some of the posts here, which said the process was a joke.

Quality Control Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Genzyme (Allston, MA).

Interview

Applied, eventually received a call months later, interviewed with supervisor and department manager.

Interview Questions

• What does ELISA stand for?   1 Answer

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Genzyme (Framingham, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

Questions related to previous experiencs and techniques

Animal Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genzyme (Framingham, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and I felt comfortable the entire time, not intimidated as I would with other interviews. I was mainly given a tour of the facility and we chatted along the way about my past experiences and future directions. I felt very confident in the end.

Interview Questions

• What is your main focus if you are offered this position and what can you bring to our company.   1 Answer