Genzyme

64 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Manufacturing Technician

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Genzyme in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was a joke, the hr first spoke and then arranged a one on one with hiring manager. The hiring manager seemed very interested. I was positive that I did well. I did not hear back from anyone after that. I sent a follow up email and got no response. I totally agree with some of the posts here, which said the process was a joke.

Interview Question – What is the reason for leaving your current employer.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Co-Op
Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Genzyme in March 2013.

Interview Details – The person you will be working under will interview you first followed by an interview by the group leader. The overall interview process was overall relaxed. They did not ask many technical questions and it is mainly your job to ask questions about the position, company, and group. It is also important to really show that you are interested specifically in the field the position is related to or in a specific aspect of the job (i.e. a certain type of bioreactor). The interviewers spent a lot of time telling me about the position and my numerous questions definitely showed them my immense interest. Another big tip, especially if your interviewers are as relaxed as mine, try to think of the interview as a conversation with long-lost friends that you have just reconnected with.

Interview Question – "Does this kind of job interest you"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – A Genzyme HR called me about the offer. A third-party company is in charge of payroll for the interns / co-ops and they will contact you with forms. For interns / Co-op, I don't think salary is negotiable.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Genzyme.

Interview Details – For the on campus process, two interviewers came. each 15 minutes. Two or three weeks later, I got an email to schedule an on site interview. The on site interview was one hour long with two people again.

Interview Question – What challenges have you faced?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Amherst, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Genzyme in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, contacted by a representative within a few days to set up a face-to-face interview. Had to pick a time slot within a two day window, they were conducting many interviews. Waited with other applicants in a waiting room and were called in at the same time into a rotating interview. Spoke with one actual scientist about her research, got the feeling they were interviewing for that specefic area.

Interview Question – Asked about knowledge of bioassays and HP-LC, asked GPA and was asked to explain why it was lower than a 3.5.   Answer Question

Distribution and Logistics Coop Interview

Distribution and Logistics Coop

Interviewed at Genzyme

Interview Details – On campus recruiting with HR and Manager. Later went for an on site interview as well and got the job

Interview Question – General behavioral questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Quality Control Analyst I Interview

Quality Control Analyst I
Allston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Genzyme.

Interview Details – Applied, eventually received a call months later, interviewed with supervisor and department manager.

Interview Question – What does ELISA stand for?   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Genzyme in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by someone from HR via telephone, who asked me basic questions about my experience, why I'm looking for a new job, and why am I interested in the position. I was then contacted a few days later (also by phone) by the hiring manager, who asked me more in depth questions about my experience as well as about my role in my current lab/relationship with my colleagues. About a week after that I went in for an in person interview, where I met the same rep from HR, the hiring manager, and several of my future colleagues (each individually). The atmosphere was very relaxed, I did not ever feel as though I was being interrogated and the questions prompted more of a discussion than an interview. I was very nervous going in but quickly was made at ease. They answered all of my questions happily, and the HR rep was ready to discuss benefits (which I was always taught not to ask about during an interview). The interview was long (3ish hrs) but the time really flew, and everyone was very helpful and kind. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was offered much more than I expected, and so did not negotiate. I did have to discuss a vacation which I had already planned before applying, and they were happy to accommodate without an issue.

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director
Framingham, MA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Genzyme in March 2012.

Interview Details – After applying online in October 2011, i was contacted by Genzyme a week later, had a phone interview with the hiring manager, and the senior staff. 2 days later, i was contacted by the HR and was invited to give a talk. I gave them several options for dates, but they never got back to me. I sent the HR manager an email to request a date for the onsite interview, but he responded that he was still waiting for the hiring manager to get back to him. They finally contacted me in February and explained to me that because of a hiring freeze and the merger with Sanofi everything was delayed. I went for an onsite interview, gave a talk. It took them a while to check the references. I got another offer in the meantime, and finally the Genzyme offer came in 3 weeks after the interview.

Negotiation Details – Fair, but I had 2 offers, and it was easier to negotiate. If you are reasonable, they want you to be happy.

Senior Technical Trainer Interview

Senior Technical Trainer
Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Genzyme in January 2010.

Interview Details – It was terrible. The recruiter practically bribed me and then wouldn't process the paperwork. I had to talk to his boss. The job wasn't well defined. It was awful - nobody even followed up after to see how it was going. it was a terrible experience. I felt like a criminal.

Interview Question – What do you like to read?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. After going through 4 months I was broken down.

QC Scientist Interview

QC Scientist
Framingham, MA

The process took 5 months - interviewed at Genzyme in November 2011.

Interview Details – Extremely lengthy and requirements did not seem appropriate for the position.
Difficult to get feedback from HR, especially since process from application to 1st phone interview was almost 3 months...by the 4th month I had decided to forget about the position and then I was called back for a full day of interview and presentation, which resulted in never hearing back.
Once I contacted HR, I was told they needed more experience. I guess their needs changed since the position was initially 2 levels lower than the one I was actually interviewing for.
They don't seem organized enough to know what they need upfront.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't so much as the interview as it was communicating with the company   Answer Question
  • The needs of the department must not have been clear to them since they wasted my time for over 5 months   Answer Question