Genzyme Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014
Updated Sep 25, 2014

Research and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Genzyme in July 2010.

I was invited to meet several groups. I arrived and was taken up the elevator with a small group of people. We were escorted to a large boardroom where folding tables had been arranged along the walls. Each bank of tables had a placard with a group name. You could walk around and talk to all or some of the groups. At my meeting I recall seeing people from "Science", "Quality Assurance", and "Manufacturing: Cell Culture". I walked up to some people and just spoke to them about the positions open in there group. For some groups I had to wait in a small line to talk with someone. I had several copies of my resume and almost all of the people I spoke with took one. I have since been called to come in to interview further for two positions.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you switching directions? (ie from academic to private sector)   Answer Question
    • Why are you here? (ie Why did you select to talk to me over here at X table as opposed to those people over there?)   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Genzyme in July 2010.

I was brought in through a temp agency which most admin positions seem to be. The agency I worked with was very nice and the process was smooth. I had an offer the day after I interviewed and started right after I gave 2 weeks notice at my previous position.

Interview Questions
    • When working for pharma you will be asked if you understand reimbursement and the payor system   Answer Question

Animal Laoratory Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genzyme in May 2010.

Hiring and interview process can be slow. Interviews are very lengthy, and may require a full day of (8 hours) interviewing with several people. A second interview may be reqired.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part of the interview process was having 3-4 people interviewing a candidate at a time. When being interviewed by peers it was less ner wracking. When being interviewed by 2 or more members of management it can be challenging.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Genzyme in March 2010.

I met with 4 people one by one and it was a behavioral interview. Each interviewer asked few questions each regarding specific situations that I may have faced at work.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Waste of time. Met with 4 people asking personal questions and conducting a so-called "psychological evaluation".

Interview Questions
    • What would you changed about yourself?   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Genzyme in January 2010.

The website is fairly easy to use and each application is given a status which you can follow during the process. You know within a few days whether you were going to be called for a phone interview, or whether your application for a particular position was declined. I worked with the same HR person throughout the entire process who was very helpful and pleasant. Things moved quickly after the initial phone interview, then the interview on site. The background check took nearly two weeks, even though I was initially told it would be only a few days. I ended up being told the two week window was more the usual amount of time it took.

Interview Questions
    I didn't do too much negotiating. I opened with a higher salary than I was looking for, and when the final offer came back to me, I was happy with it.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genzyme in January 2010.

I had applied online and got a telephonic interview which was pretty basic, they wanted to know more about my background, my previous job experiences and why I wanted to switch fields. I had to wait for about 2 weeks till I got an offer for an onsite interview. This was technical as well as behavioral..

Senior Technical Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Genzyme in January 2010.

It was terrible. The recruiter practically bribed me and then wouldn't process the paperwork. I had to talk to his boss. The job wasn't well defined. It was awful - nobody even followed up after to see how it was going. it was a terrible experience. I felt like a criminal.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. After going through 4 months I was broken down.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Genzyme in November 2009.

The whole interview process with Genzyme took awhile to complete. I would have one interview say with an HR person and then weeks would go by before I heard anything. Then I would be asked back for another interview with a different person. Then I'd wait weeks to hear back from them. Then on my last round of interviews I met with a good number of people in the department. They were all very nice. The offices are amazing as well. They asked some challenging questions during the interviews but nothing too out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

I found out more details of the day to day responsibilities of the position and I wasn't interested in certain key aspects.

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Genzyme in November 2009.

There was a very lengthy interview process. It was throug a contractor and there was a phone interviw and three in person rounds. The process ended over a month ago. I was told that they are interested but they have yet to get back with specifics.