Genzyme Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014
Updated Sep 25, 2014

Technologist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Genzyme in October 2009.

Well the interviewing process was intense . I had to interview with three different managers and the team that worked there. The people that worked in the department all had questions for me and i guess it was to check to see if i was the right fit for it. I was overqualified for the position but wanted to get my foot in the door.
    I worked as a technician for 9yrs and the tech 1 needed 2 yrs experience.
    It was a nice environment and the job was not challenging for me but I wanted my foot in the door so I went for the interview. The people seemed real passionate about their jobs and i noticed a lot of them had worked there for years for at least 7 or more.
    I applied to toher positions and did two more interviews just waiting for the outcome.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Genzyme in June 2009.

Contacted by the hiring manager to interview for the position. Spoke on the phone and was invited within a few days for an on-site interview. Interviewed within one week with several people (5-6 hours total) in the group. Questions were somewhat technical but based on my experience. All questions were fair and people were friendly.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genzyme in June 2009.

First a recruiter did a fairly extensive phone screen. Then quite a bit of time went by but eventually I was contacted about my interest in coming in for live interviews. The live interviews were with about 5 people and took most of the day. The interviews themselves were pretty standard, nothing special.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Genzyme in May 2009.

Two rounds of interviews with 2-4 people each, including the hiring manager, followed by an interview with the hiring manager's boss.

Interview Questions
    • What do you look for in someone who is great at the job we are interviewing for?   View Answer

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genzyme in April 2009.

Interview was good. Presentation went well followed by tough technical questions. I could manage to answer most of them if not all. One the manager was intimidating. May be his way of asking was little argumentative.

Went well . Normal. Ask of little higher than market price, as they will bring down the offer eventually.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genzyme in March 2009.

Totally different than when I was hired

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genzyme in May 2008.

I was called into a brightly lit but plain conference room. Next thing I know the interviewer wants to do a fifteen-minute roleplaying session where I am trying to convince a college professor that a suggested idea is beneficial to him. He then acts way too difficult and in addition then starts to go off on some roleplaying tangent about how his wife left him and he has no desire to do anything at work let alone our plan for implementing a change. Most awkward and strange interview ever.

Interview Questions
    • What do you not like about this company from what you see?   View Answer

Manufacturing Shift Support Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haverhill, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haverhill, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Genzyme in November 2012.

This took over 5 months for me, but at every step they where open, and responded well.

First: Phone Interview, lasts about an hour, questions about the job, how you would solve certain problems, and improve others.

Second: In-Person, at the facility, I got a tour around the place, and it took about 3 hours. Questions are similar to the phone interview, but a bit more focused on the job. Pre-planning for questions is essential, and I advise you to do it!!

Overall, it was pleasant, but I failed to get the job due to Sanofi buy-out. HR was quick at responding, and it wasn't there fault, but more because of the big wigs at Sanofi.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding training, process solutions to machines breaking down, and what I would do if a part of the process failed.

All basically revolved around validation and QA principles.
        Answer Question

Quality Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genzyme in April 2012.

Interviewed with HR Director and Recruiting Officer first. Once they left I had three half hour sessions with the Quality Director, Manager and another Supervisor about the job, my experience and ability to work under pressure. I was asked to provide examples from my past experience that would show my capabilities to perform the job. An explanation was provided to describe the work environment and what to expect.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if an employee was repeatedly asked to do a job and he/she lied about doing it?   Answer Question
    Straighforward. Got a phone call with the offer and then a letter with the terms of the offer for me to sign.

CRA Registries (Clinical Research Associate) Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Genzyme in April 2011.

After applying online, I was called for an interview since I did not receive the email from HR inviting me for the interview. I was interviewed by a group of 3 people.
    The questions were more or less straight forward, and a thorough background check was done of my work experience. The people who gave me the interview were not sure of the future of the company since it had been taken over. This was not very encouraging.

Interview Questions

Since the take over of Genzyme by Sanofi there was a lack of professionalism. They did not seem to care too much about their incoming employees.The HR was very disorganised and following up was not a strong point.