Genzyme

3.1

Senior Technical Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Genzyme in January 2010.

It was terrible. The recruiter practically bribed me and then wouldn't process the paperwork. I had to talk to his boss. The job wasn't well defined. It was awful - nobody even followed up after to see how it was going. it was a terrible experience. I felt like a criminal.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. After going through 4 months I was broken down.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Genzyme in November 2009.

The whole interview process with Genzyme took awhile to complete. I would have one interview say with an HR person and then weeks would go by before I heard anything. Then I would be asked back for another interview with a different person. Then I'd wait weeks to hear back from them. Then on my last round of interviews I met with a good number of people in the department. They were all very nice. The offices are amazing as well. They asked some challenging questions during the interviews but nothing too out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

I found out more details of the day to day responsibilities of the position and I wasn't interested in certain key aspects.

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Genzyme in November 2009.

There was a very lengthy interview process. It was throug a contractor and there was a phone interviw and three in person rounds. The process ended over a month ago. I was told that they are interested but they have yet to get back with specifics.

Technologist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Genzyme in October 2009.

Well the interviewing process was intense . I had to interview with three different managers and the team that worked there. The people that worked in the department all had questions for me and i guess it was to check to see if i was the right fit for it. I was overqualified for the position but wanted to get my foot in the door.
    I worked as a technician for 9yrs and the tech 1 needed 2 yrs experience.
    It was a nice environment and the job was not challenging for me but I wanted my foot in the door so I went for the interview. The people seemed real passionate about their jobs and i noticed a lot of them had worked there for years for at least 7 or more.
    I applied to toher positions and did two more interviews just waiting for the outcome.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Genzyme in June 2009.

Contacted by the hiring manager to interview for the position. Spoke on the phone and was invited within a few days for an on-site interview. Interviewed within one week with several people (5-6 hours total) in the group. Questions were somewhat technical but based on my experience. All questions were fair and people were friendly.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genzyme in June 2009.

First a recruiter did a fairly extensive phone screen. Then quite a bit of time went by but eventually I was contacted about my interest in coming in for live interviews. The live interviews were with about 5 people and took most of the day. The interviews themselves were pretty standard, nothing special.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Genzyme in May 2009.

Two rounds of interviews with 2-4 people each, including the hiring manager, followed by an interview with the hiring manager's boss.

Interview Questions
    • What do you look for in someone who is great at the job we are interviewing for?   View Answer

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genzyme in April 2009.

Interview was good. Presentation went well followed by tough technical questions. I could manage to answer most of them if not all. One the manager was intimidating. May be his way of asking was little argumentative.

Went well . Normal. Ask of little higher than market price, as they will bring down the offer eventually.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genzyme in March 2009.

Totally different than when I was hired

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genzyme in May 2008.

I was called into a brightly lit but plain conference room. Next thing I know the interviewer wants to do a fifteen-minute roleplaying session where I am trying to convince a college professor that a suggested idea is beneficial to him. He then acts way too difficult and in addition then starts to go off on some roleplaying tangent about how his wife left him and he has no desire to do anything at work let alone our plan for implementing a change. Most awkward and strange interview ever.

Interview Questions
    • What do you not like about this company from what you see?   View Answer