Genzyme

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Cambridge, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genzyme in January 2010.

Interview Details – I had applied online and got a telephonic interview which was pretty basic, they wanted to know more about my background, my previous job experiences and why I wanted to switch fields. I had to wait for about 2 weeks till I got an offer for an onsite interview. This was technical as well as behavioral..

Interview Question – Give me three reasons why I should not select you?   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Senior Administrative Assistant
Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Genzyme in November 2009.

Interview Details – The whole interview process with Genzyme took awhile to complete. I would have one interview say with an HR person and then weeks would go by before I heard anything. Then I would be asked back for another interview with a different person. Then I'd wait weeks to hear back from them. Then on my last round of interviews I met with a good number of people in the department. They were all very nice. The offices are amazing as well. They asked some challenging questions during the interviews but nothing too out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I found out more details of the day to day responsibilities of the position and I wasn't interested in certain key aspects.

Sales and Marketing Interview

Sales and Marketing
Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Genzyme in November 2009.

Interview Details – There was a very lengthy interview process. It was throug a contractor and there was a phone interviw and three in person rounds. The process ended over a month ago. I was told that they are interested but they have yet to get back with specifics.

Interview Questions

Technologist I Interview

Technologist I
Framingham, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Genzyme in October 2009.

Interview Details – Well the interviewing process was intense . I had to interview with three different managers and the team that worked there. The people that worked in the department all had questions for me and i guess it was to check to see if i was the right fit for it. I was overqualified for the position but wanted to get my foot in the door.
I worked as a technician for 9yrs and the tech 1 needed 2 yrs experience.
It was a nice environment and the job was not challenging for me but I wanted my foot in the door so I went for the interview. The people seemed real passionate about their jobs and i noticed a lot of them had worked there for years for at least 7 or more.
I applied to toher positions and did two more interviews just waiting for the outcome.

Interview Question – What were my weaknesses   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Cambridge, MA

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Genzyme in May 2009.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews with 2-4 people each, including the hiring manager, followed by an interview with the hiring manager's boss.

Interview Question – What do you look for in someone who is great at the job we are interviewing for?   View Answer

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Business Systems Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Genzyme in April 2010.

Interview Details – It took more than 2 months and I had 2 face-to-face, 2 video conference interviews (at the office location) and 2 phone interviews.

Interview Question – Answering questions meant for another similar role.
I was asked about functional areas outside the job scope as the interviewer was under the assumption that I was being interviewed for a different role.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much.
The company matched my salary expectations.

Manufacturing Shift Support Office Interview

Manufacturing Shift Support Office
Haverhill, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Genzyme in November 2012.

Interview Details – This took over 5 months for me, but at every step they where open, and responded well.

First: Phone Interview, lasts about an hour, questions about the job, how you would solve certain problems, and improve others.

Second: In-Person, at the facility, I got a tour around the place, and it took about 3 hours. Questions are similar to the phone interview, but a bit more focused on the job. Pre-planning for questions is essential, and I advise you to do it!!

Overall, it was pleasant, but I failed to get the job due to Sanofi buy-out. HR was quick at responding, and it wasn't there fault, but more because of the big wigs at Sanofi.

Interview Question – Questions regarding training, process solutions to machines breaking down, and what I would do if a part of the process failed.

All basically revolved around validation and QA principles.
  Answer Question

CLINICAL SCIENCE ASSOCIATE Interview

CLINICAL SCIENCE ASSOCIATE
Lucknow (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Genzyme in August 2009.

Interview Details – 5 ROUNDS including discussion with B U Head .Video conferencing with top management and one to one interview with HR and sales manager .After clering all the interviews you have to share the expected salary and most of the timesit matches with company HR Policies .

Interview Question – which is the biggest dream you want to come true in your life professional or personal   View Answer

Negotiation Details – it was a discussion with sharing many new benefits which i was not knowing .

Quality Supervisor Interview

Quality Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Genzyme in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with HR Director and Recruiting Officer first. Once they left I had three half hour sessions with the Quality Director, Manager and another Supervisor about the job, my experience and ability to work under pressure. I was asked to provide examples from my past experience that would show my capabilities to perform the job. An explanation was provided to describe the work environment and what to expect.

Interview Question – What would you do if an employee was repeatedly asked to do a job and he/she lied about doing it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straighforward. Got a phone call with the offer and then a letter with the terms of the offer for me to sign.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Senior Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Genzyme in September 2010.

Interview Details – Lengthy interview but that is because they value your time and have you meet with all of the interviewers in one day.

Interview Question – What do you like most?   Answer Question