Genzyme Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Genzyme in July 2010.

Interview

I was brought in through a temp agency which most admin positions seem to be. The agency I worked with was very nice and the process was smooth. I had an offer the day after I interviewed and started right after I gave 2 weeks notice at my previous position.

Interview Questions

• When working for pharma you will be asked if you understand reimbursement and the payor system   Answer Question

Animal Laoratory Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genzyme (Framingham, MA) in May 2010.

Interview

Hiring and interview process can be slow. Interviews are very lengthy, and may require a full day of (8 hours) interviewing with several people. A second interview may be reqired.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part of the interview process was having 3-4 people interviewing a candidate at a time. When being interviewed by peers it was less ner wracking. When being interviewed by 2 or more members of management it can be challenging.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Genzyme (Cambridge, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

I met with 4 people one by one and it was a behavioral interview. Each interviewer asked few questions each regarding specific situations that I may have faced at work.

Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Waste of time. Met with 4 people asking personal questions and conducting a so-called "psychological evaluation".

Interview Questions

• What would you changed about yourself?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genzyme (Cambridge, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

I had applied online and got a telephonic interview which was pretty basic, they wanted to know more about my background, my previous job experiences and why I wanted to switch fields. I had to wait for about 2 weeks till I got an offer for an onsite interview. This was technical as well as behavioral..

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Genzyme (Framingham, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

The website is fairly easy to use and each application is given a status which you can follow during the process. You know within a few days whether you were going to be called for a phone interview, or whether your application for a particular position was declined. I worked with the same HR person throughout the entire process who was very helpful and pleasant. Things moved quickly after the initial phone interview, then the interview on site. The background check took nearly two weeks, even though I was initially told it would be only a few days. I ended up being told the two week window was more the usual amount of time it took.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't do too much negotiating. I opened with a higher salary than I was looking for, and when the final offer came back to me, I was happy with it.

Senior Technical Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Genzyme (Cambridge, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

It was terrible. The recruiter practically bribed me and then wouldn't process the paperwork. I had to talk to his boss. The job wasn't well defined. It was awful - nobody even followed up after to see how it was going. it was a terrible experience. I felt like a criminal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. After going through 4 months I was broken down.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Genzyme (Cambridge, MA) in November 2009.

Interview

The whole interview process with Genzyme took awhile to complete. I would have one interview say with an HR person and then weeks would go by before I heard anything. Then I would be asked back for another interview with a different person. Then I'd wait weeks to hear back from them. Then on my last round of interviews I met with a good number of people in the department. They were all very nice. The offices are amazing as well. They asked some challenging questions during the interviews but nothing too out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

I found out more details of the day to day responsibilities of the position and I wasn't interested in certain key aspects.

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Genzyme (Cambridge, MA) in November 2009.

Interview

There was a very lengthy interview process. It was throug a contractor and there was a phone interviw and three in person rounds. The process ended over a month ago. I was told that they are interested but they have yet to get back with specifics.

Technologist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Genzyme (Framingham, MA) in October 2009.

Interview

Well the interviewing process was intense . I had to interview with three different managers and the team that worked there. The people that worked in the department all had questions for me and i guess it was to check to see if i was the right fit for it. I was overqualified for the position but wanted to get my foot in the door. I worked as a technician for 9yrs and the tech 1 needed 2 yrs experience. It was a nice environment and the job was not challenging for me but I wanted my foot in the door so I went for the interview. The people seemed real passionate about their jobs and i noticed a lot of them had worked there for years for at least 7 or more. I applied to toher positions and did two more interviews just waiting for the outcome.