Genzyme Pharmaceuticals

www.cordenpharma.com
  www.cordenpharma.com

Genzyme Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Science Co-op Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genzyme Pharmaceuticals.

Phone screening followed by invitation for on-site interview about a week later. Mostly behavioral questions: do you prefer to work alone or in a group, would you prefer constant supervision or do you like to learn methods one time and try them by yourself, etc. A few very basic questions regarding my experience listed on my resume.

Associate Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Genzyme Pharmaceuticals.

Telephone screen with HR followed by hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult but was asked how does one respond when others do not cooperate.   Answer Question

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Genzyme Pharmaceuticals in September 2012.

Telephone screen with HR very informative group and helpful with details on the position and the interview expectations.

Actual Hiring Manager was pompous, condescending, and combative and raising the tone of his voice to me. Interrupted every statement with your not answing my question, when you have not had the chance to finish,,,

Stated he thought I was reading from a book. I have 25+ years experience. I broke the steps down, the activities, the resolutions, the results and the findings, he questioned my answers because I did not state "I" did the work,,, how does one explain all these steps if one was not involved in all these steps???

The HR department needs to review HOW TO INTERVIEW with this guy, his title says Director, which I cannot believe he has the skills to be at this level with the interview I was given.

Only twice in all my years did I have to stop an interview and exit, once when I was being harrassed and this one when I was being insulted!

Interview Questions
    • why do you speak in the third person, you sound like you are reading from a book,,,,,   View Answer

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genzyme Pharmaceuticals in December 2011.

It was a lot of disconnect between the scheduler and the hiring managers. The schedule with different time zone and no one was on the right page. It took a slow process to get just a phone screen interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging task that I have encountered?   View Answer

Sales Representiative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Genzyme Pharmaceuticals in June 2011.

4 interviews with multiple personel process took a long time.

Prefer to be outside.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genzyme Pharmaceuticals in December 2008.

Human resources very professional but hiring process beyond that rather erratic. At scientist level expects full day or close to it with seminar presentation.

Interview Questions
    Very straightforward benefits package and pay offer satisfactory