Genzyme Pharmaceuticals

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Science Co-op Interview

Science Co-op

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genzyme Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – Phone screening followed by invitation for on-site interview about a week later. Mostly behavioral questions: do you prefer to work alone or in a group, would you prefer constant supervision or do you like to learn methods one time and try them by yourself, etc. A few very basic questions regarding my experience listed on my resume.

Interview Question – Do you prefer working alone or in a group? Why?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Genzyme Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – Telephone screen with HR followed by hiring manager.

Interview Question – Not difficult but was asked how does one respond when others do not cooperate.   Answer Question

Procurement Interview

Procurement
Framingham, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Genzyme Pharmaceuticals in September 2012.

Interview Details – Telephone screen with HR very informative group and helpful with details on the position and the interview expectations.

Actual Hiring Manager was pompous, condescending, and combative and raising the tone of his voice to me. Interrupted every statement with your not answing my question, when you have not had the chance to finish,,,

Stated he thought I was reading from a book. I have 25+ years experience. I broke the steps down, the activities, the resolutions, the results and the findings, he questioned my answers because I did not state "I" did the work,,, how does one explain all these steps if one was not involved in all these steps???

The HR department needs to review HOW TO INTERVIEW with this guy, his title says Director, which I cannot believe he has the skills to be at this level with the interview I was given.

Only twice in all my years did I have to stop an interview and exit, once when I was being harrassed and this one when I was being insulted!

Interview Question – why do you speak in the third person, you sound like you are reading from a book,,,,,   View Answer

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist
Waltham, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Genzyme Pharmaceuticals in December 2008.

Interview Details – Human resources very professional but hiring process beyond that rather erratic. At scientist level expects full day or close to it with seminar presentation.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straightforward benefits package and pay offer satisfactory

Sales Representiative Interview

Sales Representiative
Charleston, SC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Genzyme Pharmaceuticals in June 2011.

Interview Details – 4 interviews with multiple personel process took a long time.

Interview Question – Name 5 key performance indicators for this role.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Prefer to be outside.

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Senior Process Engineer
Allston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Genzyme Pharmaceuticals in December 2011.

Interview Details – It was a lot of disconnect between the scheduler and the hiring managers. The schedule with different time zone and no one was on the right page. It took a slow process to get just a phone screen interview.

Interview Question – The most challenging task that I have encountered?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Genzyme Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Genzyme Pharmaceuticals interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Genzyme Pharmaceuticals employees and interview candidates.