Genzyme Research Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genzyme (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Two telephonic interviews- one with HR and the other with hiring manger. On site interview was almost full day interview that included presentation, group interview, 1:1 and lab tour. People from different sub groups interacted with me during the interview. It started with basic question and lead to trouble shooting questions.

Interview Questions

• Mainly from your resume. Asked about couple of trouble shooting scenarios.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Genzyme

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Genzyme (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Meet with multiple people. Start with HR, then Hiring manager, then the rest of the team. Scientists individually, but associates are grouped together as a tribunal. Then back to HR. For second interview, you will meet director team again, maybe will give small seminar.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual. Genzyme doesn't require a formal psych evaluation style interview that places like Merck use. Basically you will be asked about your experience etc. and things relevant to the actual position write up.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Definitely negotiate. The offer is below market and if you accept it, that salary will blunt your future salary raises/promotions for your career.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Genzyme (Framingham, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

I was first contacted by someone from HR via telephone, who asked me basic questions about my experience, why I'm looking for a new job, and why am I interested in the position. I was then contacted a few days later (also by phone) by the hiring manager, who asked me more in depth questions about my experience as well as about my role in my current lab/relationship with my colleagues. About a week after that I went in for an in person interview, where I met the same rep from HR, the hiring manager, and several of my future colleagues (each individually). The atmosphere was very relaxed, I did not ever feel as though I was being interrogated and the questions prompted more of a discussion than an interview. I was very nervous going in but quickly was made at ease. They answered all of my questions happily, and the HR rep was ready to discuss benefits (which I was always taught not to ask about during an interview). The interview was long (3ish hrs) but the time really flew, and everyone was very helpful and kind. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered much more than I expected, and so did not negotiate. I did have to discuss a vacation which I had already planned before applying, and they were happy to accommodate without an issue.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Genzyme (Framingham, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

The website is fairly easy to use and each application is given a status which you can follow during the process. You know within a few days whether you were going to be called for a phone interview, or whether your application for a particular position was declined. I worked with the same HR person throughout the entire process who was very helpful and pleasant. Things moved quickly after the initial phone interview, then the interview on site. The background check took nearly two weeks, even though I was initially told it would be only a few days. I ended up being told the two week window was more the usual amount of time it took.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't do too much negotiating. I opened with a higher salary than I was looking for, and when the final offer came back to me, I was happy with it.