Genzyme

Genzyme Research Associate Interview Questions

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Genzyme.

Meet with multiple people. Start with HR, then Hiring manager, then the rest of the team. Scientists individually, but associates are grouped together as a tribunal. Then back to HR. For second interview, you will meet director team again, maybe will give small seminar.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing unusual. Genzyme doesn't require a formal psych evaluation style interview that places like Merck use. Basically you will be asked about your experience etc. and things relevant to the actual position write up.   Answer Question
Definitely negotiate. The offer is below market and if you accept it, that salary will blunt your future salary raises/promotions for your career.

Other Interview Reviews for Genzyme

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Genzyme in February 2012.

I was first contacted by someone from HR via telephone, who asked me basic questions about my experience, why I'm looking for a new job, and why am I interested in the position. I was then contacted a few days later (also by phone) by the hiring manager, who asked me more in depth questions about my experience as well as about my role in my current lab/relationship with my colleagues. About a week after that I went in for an in person interview, where I met the same rep from HR, the hiring manager, and several of my future colleagues (each individually). The atmosphere was very relaxed, I did not ever feel as though I was being interrogated and the questions prompted more of a discussion than an interview. I was very nervous going in but quickly was made at ease. They answered all of my questions happily, and the HR rep was ready to discuss benefits (which I was always taught not to ask about during an interview). The interview was long (3ish hrs) but the time really flew, and everyone was very helpful and kind. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    I was offered much more than I expected, and so did not negotiate. I did have to discuss a vacation which I had already planned before applying, and they were happy to accommodate without an issue.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Genzyme in January 2010.

The website is fairly easy to use and each application is given a status which you can follow during the process. You know within a few days whether you were going to be called for a phone interview, or whether your application for a particular position was declined. I worked with the same HR person throughout the entire process who was very helpful and pleasant. Things moved quickly after the initial phone interview, then the interview on site. The background check took nearly two weeks, even though I was initially told it would be only a few days. I ended up being told the two week window was more the usual amount of time it took.

Interview Questions
    I didn't do too much negotiating. I opened with a higher salary than I was looking for, and when the final offer came back to me, I was happy with it.