Genzyme

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Administrative Assistant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Genzyme in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was brought in through a temp agency which most admin positions seem to be. The agency I worked with was very nice and the process was smooth. I had an offer the day after I interviewed and started right after I gave 2 weeks notice at my previous position.

Interview Question – When working for pharma you will be asked if you understand reimbursement and the payor system   Answer Question

Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Genzyme in November 2010.

Interview Details – About 8 years ago, the only way I could get an interview with Genzyme was through an employee referral, otherwise it was impossible to get through the door. Once I received my initial interview with the company, the process took about 3 weeks to be offered a job. I found everyone from HR to people I intereviewed with were professional and friendly.

As for internal transfers, I had built a very good working relationship among senior executives and I had proven that I did an exemplary job in my role as an administrative assistant resulting my landing a job within the company (this happened during the Sanofi's acquisition of Genzyme when my boss would leave and I was forced to find another administrative assistant position). The interview process took a record 3 days to complete the internal transfer(s).

Interview Question – How do you see yourself as a team player?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotions since I was just happy to get a job with a great company.

Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Genzyme in November 2009.

Interview Details – The whole interview process with Genzyme took awhile to complete. I would have one interview say with an HR person and then weeks would go by before I heard anything. Then I would be asked back for another interview with a different person. Then I'd wait weeks to hear back from them. Then on my last round of interviews I met with a good number of people in the department. They were all very nice. The offices are amazing as well. They asked some challenging questions during the interviews but nothing too out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I found out more details of the day to day responsibilities of the position and I wasn't interested in certain key aspects.

Senior Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Genzyme in September 2010.

Interview Details – Lengthy interview but that is because they value your time and have you meet with all of the interviewers in one day.

Interview Question – What do you like most?   Answer Question

Worked for Genzyme? Contribute to the Community!