GeoEngineers Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at GeoEngineers

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GeoEngineers.

Interview

I received a phone call from a Human Resource Representative. They asked me a few questions about the information I knew and knowledge I have acquired to determine if I had really studied what I told them I had. Then I was set up for an interview, then a second interview after a week, then received an offer the same week as my interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy, no hassell. Great company and great benefits from what I've seen thus far.

Staff Geotechnical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GeoEngineers (Springfield, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview with basic questions regarding background, experience and career objectives. They'll explain their current demands and your role should you get the job. If the phone interview goes well, they'll invite you to the office for an interview. My in-person interview was very relaxed and conversational. The senior engineers chatted with me a bit at the office before taking me out to lunch and introducing me to all the guys at the office. It felt as if they were trying to assess my personality/hobbies and how well I'd get along with the guys more than a discussion of my competence with soil mechanics and other traditional geotech topics. Overall very smooth and easy, felt like I was hanging out with friends more so than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider focusing on and becoming an "expert" in trenchless engineering? (The office I work for does a lot of HDD/trenchless work for big oil and gas)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Initial offer was very reasonable for consultants with my experience and education in this area. So negotiation wasn't necessary.