GeoLearning Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at GeoLearning

Technical Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GeoLearning (West Des Moines, IA) in January 2010.

Interview

Strangest phone interview ever. I applied and got a response really quickly from a young woman in HR. She wanted to go over the information in my resume, but for some reason, she didn't want to talk about my current job at all (where I had spent many years). Instead she wanted to focus on previous jobs that weren't always terribly relevant, especially given the fact that I was only about 8 years out of college. After she'd gone through the couple of previous jobs on my resume, she asked me about more and more previous jobs until I got to the first job I'd ever had. I ended up spending most of the time going through part-time jobs from a long time ago. Whenever I tried to mention my current job, she brushed me off and redirected the conversation. For example, I had to explain what leadership and technical skills I gained from working in a fast food restaurant in high school for a few months, and only from that specific job. After a few minutes, she became rather brusque and told me I didn't really meet the years of experience required, and asked me why I had applied. When I pointed out, as I already had several times, that we were ignoring most of my relevant job history by not talking about my current job, she said "I can't talk about it if it's not on your resume." I tried to politely protest that it was (not to mention that these other jobs were not!) but she ended the conversation. In any case, it was definitely on my resume, as I confirmed afterward. No callback, obviously. I don't know if she was having a bad day or what, but the lack of professionalism definitely dissuaded me from ever applying to this company again. I actually took the call at the office within earshot of my then-boss, and I asked him if I had sounded like my tone was offensive in some way. He looked baffled and said no, you were perfectly polite. Just an odd experience overall.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GeoLearning (Des Moines, IA) in August 2007.

Interview

The interview process was almost too basis in it's process. There is no "selling" of the company to entice you to want to be there. Very indifferent as to the treatment of candidate. You have to do all of the selling of yourself, which minimal is all it requires.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge between sales and marketing?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GeoLearning in July 2010.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter and discussed my background and a potential opportunity with Geolearning. While I was not necessarily looking for a job, I was very interested in what sounded like a growth company that was performing well. I went in and met with the recruited who did a very good job at getting me excited about the company, the people, and the future of the industry. It was my understanding that they had plans to double the size their sales force. We agreed to take the next the steps and submit me for a personal interview with the hiring manager. About a week later, the recruiter called me and told me that management changed their mind was not going to be hiring anyone. I felt like it was a complete waste of time since I took time off of my current job to interview, did a lot of research and genuinely was very interested based off what the recruited told me.

Interview Questions

• Behavior based questions such as "tell me a time when you had to handle extreme change"   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at GeoLearning in February 2010.

Interview

Conatcted by a by a recruiter. Got through the phone interview and the first face to face interview smoothly. The second interview was not with the same person. It was the case where you thought things just clicked but found out later that they did not and not sure what went wrong. Never got the job offer nor an explaination as to what went wrong.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work as a team or work alone?   1 Answer