Geographic Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2015

3.2

Senior IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Harbor, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Geographic Solutions in February 2015.

This was the first face-to-face and third interview. The first two interviews were by phone. I was contacted by the HR department by email from a physical resume I sent. They scheduled the first phone interview and then I was told at the end of the interview that I would be scheduled for a second phone interview with a Team Lead. The second interview occurred the next day and lasted about 45 minutes. It went well and I was told at the end of the interview that I would be brought in for a face to face interview. The on-site interview took place two days later. It consisted of four managers/team leads. The interview was more conversational and natural, very comfortable and organic. We talked a lot about my work as an independent consultant for the last 13 years and the various projects I've worked on. During the interview there were three potential career trajectories discussed and being considered for me. All in all, I felt the interview went quite well. I did my research on GeoSol prior to the interview and asked some questions about some of the negative comments from current and former employees that I found here on glassdoor.com, and I was very, very pleased with how they responded. They put me at ease and made reference to many of the changes that they've implemented to address some of the concerns. In all fairness, many of the negative comments were from a couple of years back, but I still wanted them to know that I was just as serious about finding the right career fit for me as they were about finding the right candidate. I did suggest that they rebuke the negative comments because if they had, I wouldn't have had to bring it up. I REALLY hope I get an offer from this company I believe it would be a game changer for me and a real career that someone of my caliber could take ownership of and run with.

Emily, Matt, Matt M., Tony, and Patrick - I hope you read this and realize just how much I want to come work for and be part of this fast growing and exciting software company.

I just had the interview yesterday, and I'm not sure if the next step will be another interview or an offer, or a letter letting me know I wasn't chosen. So where you see NO for the question "Did you get an offer", it was the only answer I could give because "Not Yet" wasn't available.

There were three tracks, or trajectories, that we discussed in the interview that they were considering me for, but the one I really want, the one that would really put to work all of my skills and experiences and challenge me in ways that would really be a perfect fit for me, I really hope I get an offer for that job. The other two I would take and be just as grateful for, but I really want the one job we discussed in most detail. You can't really call it a job - it's more of a senior level career position.

I want this job and I really hope I can say "Yes" to the "Did you get an offer" question really soon.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me if I'd ever reverse engineered a system before.   View Answer
    • I was asked if I'd ever led a team.   View Answer
    • Can I work in a self-directed manner? For example, we tell you what we need done and you just go and get it done with little direction.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Harbor, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Geographic Solutions in January 2015.

Excellent! The interview process while comprehensive was very down to earth and gives you a great feel for the culture of the company and the people. HR is very helpful during the entire process, hats off to Darryl and Emily and everyone else who spent time positioning all of the new hires for success!

Interview Questions
    Be prepared to consider marginally lower than what you could get elsewhere but you'll be sacrificing security, a great place to work with a great bunch of people!

Geographic Solutions Response

Jan 29, 2015HR Manager

Thanks for the feedback, getting the right people is important to Geographic Solutions. Our initial compensation is conservative, but we reward top performers, as they contribute to the company's ... More

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Smooth and personable. They test your skills and make sure your competent. You have to take a test on the computer for testing skills as well as an interview. Nothing unusual for a computer programming position

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Harbor, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Geographic Solutions in June 2014.

The in house recruiter was very pleasant and professional. The team members I talked to were knowledgeable about their environment, their business and the challenges of the company. It was a pleasure to talk to them. Overall it seems a friendly company to work for, with growing pains, which is a good thing.

Entery Level Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Harbor, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Geographic Solutions in April 2014.

Very relaxed interview - Gave me a quick walkthrough of some software they use and then had me use it -> I was able to reproduce the instructors results with about 85% accuracy - They do through a lot at you but still relatively easy interview - Had several interactions with the recruiter

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Harbor, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Geographic Solutions in December 2011.

Had several meetings with HR representatives over several days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Harbor, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Geographic Solutions in August 2009.

They had a technical phone interview, a computer personality test, and an in-person interview with various team leads. The questions they asked on the phone test ranged widely from classic ASP to SQL, JavaScript, and VB; I thought I did poorly because these questions were kind of out of left field.

Interview Questions
    • In .NET why would you use StringBuilder over regular concatenation?   View Answer
    • In ASP, what are the common objects? An example is the server object. Please name others.   View Answer
    • What's the difference between Server.Transfer and Response.Redirect?   View Answer
    There didn't seem to much room for negotiation. They tell you the standard operating hours, but don't tell you about all the extra time that will be required of you.

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Harbor, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Geographic Solutions in March 2009.

The process was very strict