George Fox University

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at George Fox University

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newberg, OR

I applied online – interviewed at George Fox University.

Emailed in a filled-in PDF application, including statement of faith, with my resume and cover letter. Initial communication was by email. I was invited to campus for an interview. Interview was friendly but serious. After the interview, I received a job offer by phone. Was able to negotiate salary a bit.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newberg, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Newberg, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at George Fox University in June 2014.

I was sent some documents about the university and the position prior to the interview, which was promising and gave me time to properly prepare. However, the interviews were disorganized and rarely focused on the position. The questions I prepared for were never asked, and the majority of the questions were related to my faith and Christianity in general.

Interview Questions
    • What similarities does George Fox and the Rev. Billy Graham have in common?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newberg, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at George Fox University in October 2013.

Great interview process with panels of administrative staff, students, faculty and executive team. Thoughtful questions. I interviewed for 8 straight hours with quick 5 minute breaks in between hour long sessions. The time flew by as the questions and dialogue was easy and thoughtful. I had the opportunity to privately ask students if they liked their education experience and to ask the staff pros and cons of working at the university.

Interview Questions
    • What message would I deliver to undergraduate students during a 20 minute chapel sermon?   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate a 4 day work week with 10 hour days so that my commuting time would be shortened.

Campus Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newberg, OR

The process took a dayinterviewed at George Fox University in July 2010.

After applying to the job the previous spring, I received a phone call from the director of campus security asking about my previous employment and ability to function under stressful situations. He was cordial and seemed competent and well-organized. There were some humorous questions like, "can you leap over tall buildings in a single bound" and the like. After answering all the questions he said he would be in touch and I got a phone call and email letting me know I had the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult coworker.   Answer Question
    • Can you leap over tall buildings in a single bound?   Answer Question
    This is a work-study job so there was no negotiation to be done. Minimum wage job. About 10 hours per week.

Administrative Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newberg, OR

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at George Fox University in June 2009.

Very friendly phone interview then group interview. Lots of questions, Christian college so they ask about your spiritual journey, what kind of books do you like to read and what kind of supervisor do you like. Situational questions were asked as well.

No negotiation - they were set in their ways.