George P. Johnson Interview Questions

2.6

Event Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at George P. Johnson.

The interview process was very detailed and thorough. I met with several managers and other team members. They asked a lot of situational questions and wanted to know how I would handle various issues as they came up. They focused on how positive the culture was and how supportive the team is to new employees. They have a very good new hire training program and emphasized how important it was to them that I feel confident in my new job before getting thrown into the fire.

Not really a lot of negotiation. They told me what their top number was and that was it.

Event Logistics Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at George P. Johnson.

I applied through a reference and was contacted for a follow up phone interview. The process took over 2 weeks and I was asked basic questions about my previous experiences over the phone. Unfortunately, the recruitment agent wasn't in the office where I had applied to so I was not able to ask specific questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were basic - most difficult being: "name a situation where you have faced a challenge during an event and how you dealt with it?"   Answer Question

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at George P. Johnson.

Initially contacted by recruiter. Round 1 included a phone conversation with the recruiter which was very pleasant and informative. Round 2 was a one-on-one with the direct manager for the position. We established great rapport and had an engaging discussion about the position and my qualifications. I was immediately contacted after the second round to schedule a Round 3 with another member of upper management. Again, established great rapport and received very positive feedback from the recruiter. The member of upper management did ask for me to return to present with the direct manager to see how we worked as a team.
    Long story short, I was then given less than 24 hours to return and present solo for 2 members of upper management. Fortunately, I had a presentation that I was able to update for the meeting the following day. The presentation went well, and we all had a very engaging discussion about the concept that I presented.
    Then, get a call from the recruiter stating that they were passing on me as a candidate with the feedback given by one member of upper management stating that I did not have enough industry experience.
    Overall, I feel as though a lot of my time was wasted. I don't believe I would have made it through 4 Rounds of interviewing if I wasn't qualified for the position.

Interview Questions
    • I was given less than 24 hours to return back for a Round 4 presentation to upper management.   Answer Question

Strategic Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at George P. Johnson in February 2014.

Introduced by a recruiter, interview was arranged quickly and seamlessly. The company seems locked up and very professional. Affable and respectful culture. Interviewer was very busy, it seemed like he had very little time for the interview. Very direct, no time was wasted. Seems like a fast paced environment.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at George P. Johnson.

Very professional, detailed questions, there is a drug test

Negotiation was not possible

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at George P. Johnson in March 2011.

2 days after I submitted via LinkedIn I got a phone interview with corp HR, a week later a face to face with Management team 3 weeks later a follow-up phone conversation with GM. Finally 1 weeks after that an offer letter.

Events Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at George P. Johnson in December 2013.

HR takes the first round, then Ac Dir, then Agency Head, then presentation, then India Head

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at George P. Johnson in July 2009.

Interview process was a good experience
    Phone interview first-HR
    Second phone interview-VP of office
    Third Interview-in-person-Group director and VP
    Fourth Interview-Group director staff members
    Fifth Interview-Group/Panel interview-senior leaders

I would advise that when you interview with GPJ, make sure you do your homework first to really understand the culture. GPJ's people and culture are as important as the position. They play a big factor. I would also suggest that you look at GPJ as a career, not a job or a stepping stone. A lot of your time and passion is required to succeed at GPJ.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your experience in digital entertainment   View Answer