George Washington University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Associate Interview

Executive Associate
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at George Washington University in July 2010.

Interview Details – I had applied online, and was first brought in for a 90-minute interview with my direct supervisor and two peers. The questions were relatively straightforward, and they were interested in hearing my ideas for some problem areas they were hoping my position could tackle. They then had me write a sample piece of correspondence given very limited information, while on location (only a small portion of my job description). They called me back a few days later to schedule a 15-minute time with the executive I would be supporting. He was most concerned with hearing a quick, direct summary of why I wanted to be there, but we chatted longer than scheduled. A few days after that they reached out to me to get my permission to contact my references via a paper signoff.

Interview Question – What are some ideas you have for improving our contact reporting system, and managing downloads from [the executive]?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They had asked for my salary history originally, and I knew the (broad) pay band my position fit into. Once my references were contacted, they let me know they were just waiting on HR for the offer letter -- but told me verbally what they were intending to offer, which was 30% more than my last salary, and at the midpoint in my pay band -- the process had already dragged on enough at this point, so I decided not to negotiate as I thought it was a more-than-fair offer.

Worked for George Washington University? Contribute to the Community!