George Washington University Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014
Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.6

Colonial Temp Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at George Washington University in May 2014.

After submitting my resume, I was called two days later to come in for an interview. I was explained how the temp program worked and then asked a series of questions about my resume. They mainly wanted you to explain in detail the tasks that you have done in previous jobs. I was asked about different skills that I had, if I was familiar with certain software programs, and what types of positions I was interested in. Be prepared to give a salary range requirement. A few days later I was offered an interview for an open temp position. I interviewed with the supervisor and received an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain what type of administrative experience you have gained from each position.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I was told what the job entailed and the hourly wage, and accepted.

Research Associate Interview

some qestions about the background, some questions about the technique parts, some introduction about the position and the projects, (since i had worked for my boss before as part time research staff, he knew me a lot and did not ask a lot about my skills)

Interview Questions
    • All were as expected and there was no difficult questions   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at George Washington University.

Phone call the day before setting up the time. The next day I was on a conference call with two individuals. They then told me that they would be in touch two-weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What has been the biggest roadblock in your professional career?   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at George Washington University.

Multiple group interviews that occurred on 3-4 occasions. As is typical they spent more time evaluating me than reviewing the work environment, senior leadership, or the actual position. What wan't clear is how fractured the community is and how divisions work more in silos than as cohesive units. In addition to the employee experience, the student experience also suffers.

Executive Coordinator Interview

Via email and phone and then had to come in for an in-person interview; overall interview process took some time but it worked out. Via email and phone and then had to come in for an in-person interview; overall interview process took some time but it worked out

Human Resources Cient Partner Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at George Washington University.

Very positive, recruiter was very informative and gracious. Met with leader and prospective supervisor after phone screen. Very casual in-person interviews. The process went quickly and the offer/negotiation process was stress-free.

Assistant Director, Alumni Affairs Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at George Washington University.

The interview process was extraordinarily long and drawn out. I sent in my application and received an invitation to a phone interview the next week. After my phone interview I didn't hear back from them for 6 weeks at which time I was asked to come in for an in-person interview...in the next two days. Post interview it was another 5 weeks until I was invited to come back for a second in-person interview. Following that interview, it was another 6 weeks until I heard that I didn't get the job. I'm not sure that the folks there understand that interviewing is an expensive endeavor: clothing, travel, printing costs, etc. There really didn't seem to be any kind of attention paid to the time an interviewee devotes to the process. Coming from out of town to in-person interviews that took about an hour/hour and a half just didn't feel like it was worth my time.

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at George Washington University.

I was invited via e-mail to have an interview, and right after this one personal interview, I was offered a job on spot and I took it.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, I knew the salary rate before from my peers and I got tuition benefits. Although I have to negotiate it later after my percentage of my effort input decreased.

Graduate TA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at George Washington University in July 2012.

The processor was looking for a TA and I was in his class last semester. When I meet the processor, he asked my questions that been toughed last semester. Regardless which class you are going to TA, you have to be a good student when you were in that class so the professor will actually feel that you can handle the job.

Interview Questions
    • None I can thing of. Most of the questions are related to the course that going to open. And I was prepared.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at George Washington University.

one phone interview, hired, department/PI cheated everything that has been promised, not appropriately positioned based on prior experience, a lot of procedural problems,

they promised everything I wanted, but over the years nothing happened

Worked for George Washington University? Contribute to the Community!