George Washington University

38 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Director Interview

Assistant Director

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at George Washington University.

Interview Details – Multiple group interviews that occurred on 3-4 occasions. As is typical they spent more time evaluating me than reviewing the work environment, senior leadership, or the actual position. What wan't clear is how fractured the community is and how divisions work more in silos than as cohesive units. In addition to the employee experience, the student experience also suffers.

Executive Coordinator Interview

Executive Coordinator

Interviewed at George Washington University

Interview Details – Via email and phone and then had to come in for an in-person interview; overall interview process took some time but it worked out. Via email and phone and then had to come in for an in-person interview; overall interview process took some time but it worked out

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Human Resources Cient Partner Interview

Human Resources Cient Partner

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at George Washington University.

Interview Details – Very positive, recruiter was very informative and gracious. Met with leader and prospective supervisor after phone screen. Very casual in-person interviews. The process went quickly and the offer/negotiation process was stress-free.

Assistant Director, Alumni Affairs Interview

Assistant Director, Alumni Affairs

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at George Washington University.

Interview Details – The interview process was extraordinarily long and drawn out. I sent in my application and received an invitation to a phone interview the next week. After my phone interview I didn't hear back from them for 6 weeks at which time I was asked to come in for an in-person interview...in the next two days. Post interview it was another 5 weeks until I was invited to come back for a second in-person interview. Following that interview, it was another 6 weeks until I heard that I didn't get the job. I'm not sure that the folks there understand that interviewing is an expensive endeavor: clothing, travel, printing costs, etc. There really didn't seem to be any kind of attention paid to the time an interviewee devotes to the process. Coming from out of town to in-person interviews that took about an hour/hour and a half just didn't feel like it was worth my time.

Senior Research Associate Interview

Senior Research Associate
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at George Washington University.

Interview Details – I was invited via e-mail to have an interview, and right after this one personal interview, I was offered a job on spot and I took it.

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, I knew the salary rate before from my peers and I got tuition benefits. Although I have to negotiate it later after my percentage of my effort input decreased.

Graduate TA Interview

Graduate TA
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at George Washington University in July 2012.

Interview Details – The processor was looking for a TA and I was in his class last semester. When I meet the processor, he asked my questions that been toughed last semester. Regardless which class you are going to TA, you have to be a good student when you were in that class so the professor will actually feel that you can handle the job.

Interview Question – None I can thing of. Most of the questions are related to the course that going to open. And I was prepared.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at George Washington University.

Interview Details – one phone interview, hired, department/PI cheated everything that has been promised, not appropriately positioned based on prior experience, a lot of procedural problems,

Negotiation Details – they promised everything I wanted, but over the years nothing happened

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at George Washington University in December 2013.

Interview Details – No interview question was asked. It was just basic HR type Interview. Explaining what the job role going to be. Technology used to preform job duties. Are you comfortable with it and all.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at George Washington University.

Interview Details – Went into the office for an in person interview where managers read over my resume in front of me, where I was asked about my interest in advertising and my interest in the position, and then I was left a voicemail that I was hired before I got home.

Interview Question – What experience do you have with newspapers or advertising? (This was a tough question for me because I had no experience. Lucky for me, they weren't looking for people with massive experience. I think they just wanted to know what I would say).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No salary negotiations. Salaries were provided up front and it was a take it or leave it situation, especially because everyone at that title was given the same base salary and commission rates.

Sports Marketing Interview

Sports Marketing
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at George Washington University in January 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted application through the GW School of Business. Had a sit down interview one on one. After I met with one person, I was told that I would hear back in a few days once the interview process had been completed. I found out that I did not get the position, but appreciated the call back.

Interview Question – Where do you see GW sports marketing in 5 years?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at George Washington University

Worked for George Washington University? Contribute to the Community!