Georgetown University Hospital

Updated Dec 26, 2014
Updated Dec 26, 2014

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Georgetown University Hospital.

Very long and consist of numerous of visits back and forth to hospital

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Georgetown University Hospital.

Takes months to contact applicants. Questions include: Tell me about yourself, Tell me which instruments you have worked with, Tell me about your troubleshooting abilities.

Interview Questions
    Offer given and counter offer accepted.

PRN ASSISTANT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Georgetown University Hospital in October 2012.

it started with a 10 minute simple phone interview with the person being very polite and friendly. Mostly questions if I was still interested in the job. The next was a 25 min interview with 2 physicians and an assistant from the department at the hospital. It was more in depth and mostly about my past experience and educational qualifications required for the job. Very relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • define your career move into healthcare   View Answer
    it was a temporary position with no room for negotiation

New Grad Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Georgetown University Hospital in November 2011.

I originally applied for the position in September 2011. I then completed a Nurse Career Battery Test a week after applying. This was the second phase of the application process. I passed this phase and then was emailed a new grad packet. This consisted of an application with reference forms to complete and a background check form. I also clarified what area i wanted to interview for. I was called for an interview in early November and then flew up to interview. The interview consisted of meeting with managers, staff nurses, and nurse educators, as well as a human resources rep. Overall, it went really well and was not intimidating.

RN Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Georgetown University Hospital in June 2011.

I applied online. Not sure how long it took before hearing from HR. I'm sure it was less than a month. Had an easy phone interview, then came in to interview in person with the manager & director of the dept. It was a nice, free-flowing conversation. Received a call from HR offering me the position the next day.

Interview Questions
    There's no negotiation. Base rate is assigned according to number of years of experience.

Patient Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Georgetown University Hospital in November 2010.

The hiring process is variable depending on the hiring manager. However applicants should expect 3 rounds of interviews for most positions.

Interview Questions
    • The interview will be based upon your current and previous work experiences. If you do not have the experience they are asking about in the interview, state as such and move on to talk about your other qualifications.   Answer Question
    The amount that is offered is typically the only offer that will be offered.

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Georgetown University Hospital in April 2009.

It's very difficult to even get an interview if you are applying from the outside. Departments tend to promote from within, which can be good and bad. I had to get my foot in the door via a temp agency.

Interview Questions
    First position, no negotiating. I was very green and the manager took advantage of that. Current position, negotiating was possible - very pleasant.

Clinical Nurse I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Georgetown University Hospital in November 2011.

I was initially screened by a nurse recruitment specialist over the phone and arranged face to face interview for the following day. I had a panel interview with the director, manager and educator as well as HR and was offered a position a few hours later via phone by my HR representative. I also phone interviewed for another position the director thought I would be a good candidate for however did not accept that position. Overall the recruitment and management team were quick to respond to inquires, knowledgable, warm and personable and made me feel that this would be a good fit for me and that we mutually were interested in each other.

Interview Questions
    • (I was moving back home from NYC) You previously were employed at one of the other hospitals near our facility yet have chosen to apply with us rather than them. Is there a reason you are not seeking employment at your old hospital?   View Answer
    Negotiation was not necessary

Resident Physician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Georgetown University Hospital in October 2009.

Starts with breakfast and a presentation about the program. Three interviews, one group with the chairman and program director. The other two with individual docs. Chairman and PD interview very intimidating. You sit in a couch below them physically while they are in chairs and they pepper questions at you. Other interviews were laid back and pleasant. Overall, the place had a second rate feel to it. Hospital is old and in need of updates. Program had nothing unique or interesting to offer.