Georgetown University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2015

2.6

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Great, the questions were pretty basic and they explained the process to me in detail. We talked a lot about customer service and what it takes to do great in this position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It wasn't hard at all.

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Georgetown University.

Interview

they were looking for student workers, the process was very basic and the interview was not difficult. I was told about the position and the responsibilities that I would have and I was asked a couple of easy questions such as my major and my available hours. the interview was very short

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Georgetown University.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within a few days to set up a phone interview. The phone interview went well, and so we arranged an in person interview for the following week. The in person interview consisted of 4 separate 1:1 interviews with different member of the department the same day, each lasting for 20-30 minutes. I got a good feel of the office environment and the people seemed very nice, and enjoyed what they were doing.

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Georgetown University.

Interview

No interview for the chemistry department. Submit application and show up for exams if invited to join. Had to take ACS exams on five subjects and pass at least four. You have two more opportunities to retake whatever exams you do not pass. Overall, it will take a semester to know if they will keep you or not.

Interview Questions

• No interview. Submit application and show up for exams if invited to join.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Georgetown University.

Interview

I applied online. They called me a month later for a phone interview. Then two weeks later for a phone interview. Then finally an in-person interview. The questions werent hard. The multiple interviews however was the most that I had ever had. I am hoping to be hired but I understand that the competition is a lot.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straight forward and related to the position.   1 Answer

Student Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online and met with office manager a week later.The position was a non-work study position. I met with several people in the office and chatted with each for 5 minutes or so. It was a small 10 person team. Later I met 1:1 with the office manager. This was the formal component of the interview. We talked about my experience with microsoft office and with office operations. We also discussed my involvement in activities and sports on campus so as to better gauge how much time I could commit per week. Chatting with people probably played a large role in my getting the position because interpersonal skills are such a huge component of the admin assistant job.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you could bring to the table to make our department function more efficiently.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Athletic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

Very laid back, straightforward questions, quick and to the point.
    dress professional, bring portfolio and references. Talk about prestige of Georgetown and ability to be an asset. Discuss likes and dislikes and enjoyment of sports

Interview Questions

• Why do you want tho position?   1 Answer

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC) in July 2014.

Interview

Waited months after job posting to contact me for an interview and was interviewed by multiple people. After initial interview met with Dean of the department and was selected for follow up interview with the Dean of the school a week later. Offered job quickly after second interview.

Interview Questions

• Specific about functions of the job and to give an example when something did not go as planned/I messed up and learned from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would suggest negotiating more to future applicants. I was told I was being offered the hiring max and learned that was not the case. I would also suggest for applicants to interview the future supervisor/team members to get a sense as to whether they "fit" and would enjoy it. I had a red flag moment where my future supervisor talked about wanting to be able to trust me and I realized that her management style is just not something I liked later on - so vet away and be sure it's also good for you! I've learned from this to ask about company culture and supervisor style to make sure I get as much as I can out of the next job I interview for.

Medical Center Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC).

Interview

Personally recruited from another sector of the university.

Interview Questions

• What can you learn from the current members of the staff.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty standard back and forth.

RHO Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Georgetown University.

Interview

emailed the senior rho coordinator to get a job, got a response, answered questions with current staff, got the job.