Georgetown University Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.7

Student Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Georgetown University.

I applied online and met with office manager a week later.The position was a non-work study position. I met with several people in the office and chatted with each for 5 minutes or so. It was a small 10 person team. Later I met 1:1 with the office manager. This was the formal component of the interview. We talked about my experience with microsoft office and with office operations. We also discussed my involvement in activities and sports on campus so as to better gauge how much time I could commit per week. Chatting with people probably played a large role in my getting the position because interpersonal skills are such a huge component of the admin assistant job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what you could bring to the table to make our department function more efficiently.   Answer Question
    None

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Georgetown University.

I applied online. They called me a month later for a phone interview. Then two weeks later for a phone interview. Then finally an in-person interview. The questions werent hard. The multiple interviews however was the most that I had ever had. I am hoping to be hired but I understand that the competition is a lot.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were straight forward and related to the position.   View Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Georgetown University in June 2013.

Met with Hiring Manager and a few others from the team, felt like it went well, got a decision very quickly. Interview process was very straightforward and smooth. I was referred by the person leaving the job I applied for.

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Georgetown University in February 2011.

One phone interview followed by one onsite. They pretty much did not ask anything, and the whole process took about 1 week. they gave me the offer right after the interview is finished. (on the same day) but being cheap with the salary.

Interview Questions
    • they pretty much did not ask anything.   View Answer
    she gave me the offer right away and there is not much room for negotiation.

Medical Center Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Georgetown University.

Personally recruited from another sector of the university.

Interview Questions
    • What can you learn from the current members of the staff.   Answer Question
    Pretty standard back and forth.

RHO Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Georgetown University.

emailed the senior rho coordinator to get a job, got a response, answered questions with current staff, got the job.

Husbandry Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person - interviewed at Georgetown University in September 2013.

Upon receiving an acceptance letter , there were two initials interviews which me and the facilitator had together. They were very helpful and very detailed about the job function that was being applied for.

Tutor Interview

There is one interview with two student coordinators, and once you get past that point there is another interview with the program director. It was not very difficult, and overall it was an enjoyable experience because the people are so nice.

Assistant Director of Employer Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Georgetown University.

Very professional and transparent process. Courteous phone and in-person interviews. Every step of the process was explained well and the time of the interviewee respected as the duration was clear beforehand and each interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty standard and were directly related to the position.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Georgetown University.

Professional

Interview Questions

Worked for Georgetown University? Contribute to the Community!