Georgetown University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Georgetown University in June 2013.

Interview Details – Met with Hiring Manager and a few others from the team, felt like it went well, got a decision very quickly. Interview process was very straightforward and smooth. I was referred by the person leaving the job I applied for.

Very Easy Interview

Research Specialist Interview

Research Specialist
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Georgetown University in February 2011.

Interview Details – One phone interview followed by one onsite. They pretty much did not ask anything, and the whole process took about 1 week. they gave me the offer right after the interview is finished. (on the same day) but being cheap with the salary.

Interview Question – they pretty much did not ask anything.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – she gave me the offer right away and there is not much room for negotiation.

Medical Center Administrator Interview

Medical Center Administrator
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Georgetown University.

Interview Details – Personally recruited from another sector of the university.

Interview Question – What can you learn from the current members of the staff.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty standard back and forth.

RHO Assistant Interview

RHO Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Georgetown University.

Interview Details – emailed the senior rho coordinator to get a job, got a response, answered questions with current staff, got the job.

Interview Question – what is your spirit animal   Answer Question

Husbandry Tech Interview

Husbandry Tech
Washington, DC

I applied in-person - interviewed at Georgetown University in September 2013.

Interview Details – Upon receiving an acceptance letter , there were two initials interviews which me and the facilitator had together. They were very helpful and very detailed about the job function that was being applied for.

Interview Question – there was not a difficult question involved.   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Tutor

Interviewed at Georgetown University

Interview Details – There is one interview with two student coordinators, and once you get past that point there is another interview with the program director. It was not very difficult, and overall it was an enjoyable experience because the people are so nice.

Interview Question – Why do you want this position?   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Employer Relations Interview

Assistant Director of Employer Relations
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Georgetown University.

Interview Details – Very professional and transparent process. Courteous phone and in-person interviews. Every step of the process was explained well and the time of the interviewee respected as the duration was clear beforehand and each interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty standard and were directly related to the position.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Georgetown University.

Interview Details – Professional

Interview Question – None I can remember   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Accountant III Interview

Accountant III
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Georgetown University.

Interview Details – Very easy interview. They were looking for a very specific set of qualifications which I had and got the job. The interview consisted in a panel group of 4 including faculty members (although I was not working for a faculty member). Faculty members only place emphasis on university degrees and managers focus more on experience.

Interview Question – Managers wanted to have specific comments on experiences related to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Georgetown University.

Interview Details – Initial communication over the phone was very brief. The actual interview was one on one basically just discussing my past work experiences and what I would be doing at Georgetown. I met with a few other people that I would be working with to discuss my experience and what I would be helping with and right before I left they let me know they would like me to start the next week. I thought it would be more involved.

Interview Question – There really wasn't any question that was too difficult. Mainly just talking about my past work experiences.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Georgetown University

Worked for Georgetown University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Georgetown University interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Georgetown University employees and interview candidates.