Georgetown University Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.4

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Great, the questions were pretty basic and they explained the process to me in detail. We talked a lot about customer service and what it takes to do great in this position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It wasn't hard at all.

Student Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online and met with office manager a week later.The position was a non-work study position. I met with several people in the office and chatted with each for 5 minutes or so. It was a small 10 person team. Later I met 1:1 with the office manager. This was the formal component of the interview. We talked about my experience with microsoft office and with office operations. We also discussed my involvement in activities and sports on campus so as to better gauge how much time I could commit per week. Chatting with people probably played a large role in my getting the position because interpersonal skills are such a huge component of the admin assistant job.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you could bring to the table to make our department function more efficiently.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Medical Center Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC).

Interview

Personally recruited from another sector of the university.

Interview Questions

• What can you learn from the current members of the staff.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty standard back and forth.

Assistant Director of Employer Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very professional and transparent process. Courteous phone and in-person interviews. Every step of the process was explained well and the time of the interviewee respected as the duration was clear beforehand and each interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty standard and were directly related to the position.   Answer Question

Accountant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very easy interview. They were looking for a very specific set of qualifications which I had and got the job. The interview consisted in a panel group of 4 including faculty members (although I was not working for a faculty member). Faculty members only place emphasis on university degrees and managers focus more on experience.

Interview Questions

• Managers wanted to have specific comments on experiences related to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Husbandry Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC) in September 2013.

Interview

Upon receiving an acceptance letter , there were two initials interviews which me and the facilitator had together. They were very helpful and very detailed about the job function that was being applied for.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC) in June 2013.

Interview

Met with Hiring Manager and a few others from the team, felt like it went well, got a decision very quickly. Interview process was very straightforward and smooth. I was referred by the person leaving the job I applied for.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC).

Interview

Had one pre-screening phone interview and two in-person ones

Negotiation

I made a counteroffer to the salary that was offered and received the amount I had asked for. I realize now I should have asked for me.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC) in August 2011.

Interview

Basic interviewing and hiring process - painless.

Head Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC) in July 2011.

Interview

Phone calls (2) then an in-person interview. I spoke with my future supervisor and an alum of the program. In the interview it was 1 on 1 as well as a group.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No money at Georgetown, so no negotiation.