Georgetown University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Georgetown University in June 2013.

Interview Details – Met with Hiring Manager and a few others from the team, felt like it went well, got a decision very quickly. Interview process was very straightforward and smooth. I was referred by the person leaving the job I applied for.

Very Easy Interview

Research Specialist Interview

Research Specialist
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Georgetown University in February 2011.

Interview Details – One phone interview followed by one onsite. They pretty much did not ask anything, and the whole process took about 1 week. they gave me the offer right after the interview is finished. (on the same day) but being cheap with the salary.

Interview Question – they pretty much did not ask anything.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – she gave me the offer right away and there is not much room for negotiation.

Medical Center Administrator Interview

Medical Center Administrator
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Georgetown University.

Interview Details – Personally recruited from another sector of the university.

Interview Question – What can you learn from the current members of the staff.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty standard back and forth.

Husbandry Tech Interview

Husbandry Tech
Washington, DC

I applied in-person - interviewed at Georgetown University in September 2013.

Interview Details – Upon receiving an acceptance letter , there were two initials interviews which me and the facilitator had together. They were very helpful and very detailed about the job function that was being applied for.

Interview Question – there was not a difficult question involved.   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Employer Relations Interview

Assistant Director of Employer Relations
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Georgetown University.

Interview Details – Very professional and transparent process. Courteous phone and in-person interviews. Every step of the process was explained well and the time of the interviewee respected as the duration was clear beforehand and each interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty standard and were directly related to the position.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Accountant III Interview

Accountant III
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Georgetown University.

Interview Details – Very easy interview. They were looking for a very specific set of qualifications which I had and got the job. The interview consisted in a panel group of 4 including faculty members (although I was not working for a faculty member). Faculty members only place emphasis on university degrees and managers focus more on experience.

Interview Question – Managers wanted to have specific comments on experiences related to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Office Manager Interview

Office Manager
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Georgetown University in August 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty thorough - 3 interviews to include one with direct supervisor, one with the team, and one with the director of finance

Interview Question – What would you add to the organizations culture   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very little room for salary negotiation due to pay grade of position

Director Interview

Director
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Georgetown University.

Interview Details – Had one pre-screening phone interview and two in-person ones

Negotiation Details – I made a counteroffer to the salary that was offered and received the amount I had asked for. I realize now I should have asked for me.

Assistant Director Interview

Assistant Director
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Georgetown University in August 2011.

Interview Details – Basic interviewing and hiring process - painless.

Interview Question – Biggest strength?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Washington, DC

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Georgetown University in April 2010.

Interview Details – Very long...phone interview and two in-person interviews with multiple people. It spanned over a few months with lots of follow up. I don't know why they were taking their time, but in the end, it worked against them because I got frustrated. Nice group of people, though. It seemed like a nice work/life balance.

Interview Question – I don't remember. Nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had a few other offers. Didn't think it was the right fit for me at the time. Was also unsure how i felt about the manager i would be working under. It seemed like the office was in flux, which I later found out was true.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Georgetown University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Georgetown University interview questions and advice in Washington, DC. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Georgetown University employees and interview candidates.