Georgia Aquarium Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.1

Payroll Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Georgia Aquarium (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview which lasted 30 minutes and then invited to an in person interview with an HR Rep and Accounting Manager which lased one hour. The Controller was also supposed to be part of the meeting but she was a no show.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions ranging from how you would handle a certain positive situation to how you would handle a problem issue.   Answer Question

Gift Shop Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Georgia Aquarium (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

There was a group interview with 4 or five scheduled people. The environment was friendly and relaxed. We sat around a small circle table and answered some fun questions. The questions weren't traditional at all. The interviewer seemed more interEstes in getting to know our personalities. There were maybe 3 or 4 experience based or job performance questions but the rest were kind of like easy prompts.

Freelance Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Georgia Aquarium (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

There were two other people present in the room during the interview. I interviewed, and wasn't contacted until 3 weeks later about the position and it was by email. Interview was pretty short, about 15 minutes

Interview Questions

• One of the questions was How do you feel about animals being under human care?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Georgia Aquarium (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was conducted over the phone and lasted about 15 minutes. The interviewer was very friendly and personable. They made the interview process much more relaxing than I anticipated it to be! I am extremely grateful for the internship experience.

Aquarist Trainee Interview

Interview

One interview with the 2 managers in zoo ops and 1 person for HR, The process to about 3 weeks to hear back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Guest Service Team Specialist Interview

Interview

Apply online. During the interview go with the flow, be extremely friendly and extroverted.

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Georgia Aquarium.

Interview

Began as a volunteer- was interviewed with basic questions about why I wanted to volunteer there and my views on zoos and aquariums. Once I was a volunteer, I applied for a position. At that time, I was interviewed by the department head and an HR rep. I heard back from the department within a week. It was a pleasant experience- very little stress. Everyone involved was polite.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe my views on animals in captivity and on sport fishing/hunting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was very little room for negotiation.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Georgia Aquarium (Atlanta, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

Apply online at the Aquariums's website. Enter information about past jobs and your future plans. You will create an online account and you will be contacted by someone from the Aquarium's HR office. Once that has been done, you will proceed to an in-person interview and meeting at the Aquarium in Atlanta. A presentation will be shown where you will be able to decide if you want to join the team. If you Volunteer, the fee is $60 to cover your shirt, badge, free tickets for friends, etc (This fee is waived after every year if you have at least 100 hours that you volunteered in the previous year) Collect uniform, binder for training, and other items and begin your career. You will need to take mandatory training classes before you can work in most galleries.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Guest Programs Team Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Georgia Aquarium in March 2011.

Interview

Group interview with ten people total, drew on cards of favorite animal, asked about customer service experience, dealing with people, strengths and weaknesses. Interview process did last for twenty minutes. We were group together together as couples to do little skits and projects that showed teamwork

Guest Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Georgia Aquarium (Atlanta, GA) in November 2010.

Interview

I placed an application online at the GA Aquarium website. Took a while to receive a callback, but once I did, the interview was conducted within a week of callback. They conducted a group interview with about 10-15 people. They put us in groups of two to introduce your partner to everyone. This was basically a test of personality. After that , It was a regular interview in which they asked questions concerning customer service, teamwork, leadership, and how u deal with all those aspects. After the interview, they allow us to ask questions pertaining to the job offered. Once the interview was over, they allowed us to tour the aquarium for free as a reward for making the interview.

Interview Questions

• If a company finds that a certain process works for them, would it be a good idea to NOT give suggestions on change?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received a call to accept the position about a week later. I was told to come in and receive paperwork for drug and background testing, which they have processed at a local clinic not far at all from the aquarium. It took about 3 days to get the results back from that. They then told me that the job pays $10 per hour and that it was part time, but depending on the season and my performance, I could work well over 40 hours at a given time.