Georgia Aquarium

Updated Jul 17, 2014
Updated Jul 17, 2014

1.6

Aquarist Trainee Interview

One interview with the 2 managers in zoo ops and 1 person for HR, The process to about 3 weeks to hear back.

None

Guest Service Team Specialist Interview

Apply online. During the interview go with the flow, be extremely friendly and extroverted.

Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Georgia Aquarium.

Began as a volunteer- was interviewed with basic questions about why I wanted to volunteer there and my views on zoos and aquariums. Once I was a volunteer, I applied for a position. At that time, I was interviewed by the department head and an HR rep. I heard back from the department within a week. It was a pleasant experience- very little stress. Everyone involved was polite.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe my views on animals in captivity and on sport fishing/hunting.   Answer Question
    There was very little room for negotiation.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Georgia Aquarium in May 2011.

Apply online at the Aquariums's website. Enter information about past jobs and your future plans. You will create an online account and you will be contacted by someone from the Aquarium's HR office. Once that has been done, you will proceed to an in-person interview and meeting at the Aquarium in Atlanta. A presentation will be shown where you will be able to decide if you want to join the team. If you Volunteer, the fee is $60 to cover your shirt, badge, free tickets for friends, etc (This fee is waived after every year if you have at least 100 hours that you volunteered in the previous year)
    Collect uniform, binder for training, and other items and begin your career. You will need to take mandatory training classes before you can work in most galleries.

No negotiation

Guest Programs Team Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Georgia Aquarium in March 2011.

Group interview with ten people total, drew on cards of favorite animal, asked about customer service experience, dealing with people, strengths and weaknesses. Interview process did last for twenty minutes. We were group together together as couples to do little skits and projects that showed teamwork

Guest Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Georgia Aquarium in November 2010.

I placed an application online at the GA Aquarium website. Took a while to receive a callback, but once I did, the interview was conducted within a week of callback. They conducted a group interview with about 10-15 people. They put us in groups of two to introduce your partner to everyone. This was basically a test of personality. After that , It was a regular interview in which they asked questions concerning customer service, teamwork, leadership, and how u deal with all those aspects. After the interview, they allow us to ask questions pertaining to the job offered. Once the interview was over, they allowed us to tour the aquarium for free as a reward for making the interview.

Interview Questions
    • If a company finds that a certain process works for them, would it be a good idea to NOT give suggestions on change?   View Answer
    I received a call to accept the position about a week later. I was told to come in and receive paperwork for drug and background testing, which they have processed at a local clinic not far at all from the aquarium. It took about 3 days to get the results back from that. They then told me that the job pays $10 per hour and that it was part time, but depending on the season and my performance, I could work well over 40 hours at a given time.