Georgia College & State University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.3

University Advancement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milledgeville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia College & State University (Milledgeville, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

The initial interview process was a short 30 minute phone conversation. It felt like it was scripted and didn't actual offer any opportunity to really get to know the applicant or their skills. There were bullet points on my resume that related directly to this position, but nothing about my related work experience was asked.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses? Really? This question is never appropriate for a professional position.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milledgeville, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia College & State University (Milledgeville, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Ask basic questions pertaining to the position. Am I tidy? Am I clean? How is my phone etiquette. Everyone I met was friendly and excited to have me on. If you meet their qualifications they hire you on the spot. It sholdnt be too hard to get the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia College & State University.

Interview

Two interviews: phone screen and on-campus. On campus interview lasted for most of the day and included interviews with search committee, direct supervisor, and upper level administration. Also included a campus tour and a presentation on a job-related topic.

Aquatic Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milledgeville, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia College & State University (Milledgeville, GA) in September 2011.

Interview

After filling out an application of interest, management will set up a face to face interview. During this interview there will be at least one of the three facility managers and at least one currently employed Aquatic Supervisor conducting the interview. The questions are fairly basic as we are mainly interested in past experiences, ability to lead, and eagerness to work.

Interview Questions

• The questions are not too difficult. The most difficult question may ask you to describe how you handled either an upset patron or an injury.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.

Stockroom Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milledgeville, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia College & State University (Milledgeville, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

I signed up on a list for offered jobs in Herty Hall, Milledgeville, GA

Interview Questions

• Do you want to work?   1 Answer
    • How many hours per week do you want to work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the number of hours per week I wanted to work.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia College & State University in April 2011.

Interview

I applied to the masters of biology program and my SAT scores and other science grades led me to be offered a graduate assistant-ship and free tuition. I was hesitant at first because I was actually a non science major in my undergrad and I knew i was going to be taking 6000 level classes and teaching for the very first time. I was reassured that I could handle the work. I did my own personal studying as well as prep work in our shared Graduate assistant office.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can handle teaching your own classes as well as still taking on a full load?   1 Answer