Georgia Cyber Academy Interview Questions & Reviews

6 interviews

3.3

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Georgia Cyber Academy in September 2012.

Just Google the answers. This is ridiculous to take the test when they pay you so little.

Interview Questions

Connections Academy pays more.

Virtual Teacher Interview

Long employee process

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Georgia Cyber Academy in June 2011.

I had 2 phone interviews. Then I completed an online personality type questionnaire. Then I had an in person interview that consisted of a group interview and answering questions from possible scenarios with parents. It's basically a customer service job. The parents are the customers, and you do and say whatever they want to hear in order to make them happy so that they don't withdraw.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you choose this school to work with instead of another school?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation

Virtual Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Georgia Cyber Academy in July 2011.

I got lost trying to find the interview location, but I arrived on time. It didn't matter because I sat in the lobby for nearly 45 minutes. I wasn't expecting an apology from the interviewer for his tardiness. However, it would have been nice to hear. The interview itself was so unprofessional; it caught me off guard. I was asked questions about my personal life that had nothing to do with the position for which I was interviewing. I was told a decision would be made within ten days. I sent both interviewers a thank you letter and a follow up letter when I did not hear anything after ten days. Neither interviewer responded to my emails. I was dissapointed that I obviously did not get the job. However, I was even more dissappointed, better yet irritated, that GCA did not have the common courtesy to respond to my emails, informing me that I would not be hired. However, I am finding that what I think is common courtesy is not common at all.

Teacher Interview

They emailed me after one month for a webinar. I selected the webinar and there were about 300 people in the room. After a week, I was invited to have a telephone interview. I interviewed with the teacher and she seemed rather disconnected from the conversation and had no passion or enthusiasm for the company. After two months - I was invited back to the second interview in person. It was at the office which was not on my GPS. When I arrived, I was in a group interview with two other people who did not make it. After three hours, they had scheduled a third interview with another teacher whose baby was screaming in the background. I was hired the following week but could not negotiate the salary,

Interview Questions
    • What would be difficult to teach online?   View Answer

Online Teacher Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Georgia Cyber Academy in September 2011.

Completed an interview with two administrators and then completed three weeks of training.

Interview Questions
    Not much to negotiate since the parent company K12 regulates salaries.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Georgia Cyber Academy

Worked for Georgia Cyber Academy? Contribute to the Community!