Georgia Department of Corrections

Georgia Department of Corrections Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrightsville, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections (Wrightsville, GA).

Interview

Long. You have to take a test then wait for either a pass or fail. Then you apply for the job and get an interview anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks. You are scheduled for the interview along with other people. They are usually harsh in the interviews to weed out people who would be pushovers.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to tell an inmate no and hold your ground?   Answer Question

Food Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grovetown, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections (Grovetown, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview include three groups panel. The interview was not hard. Working in the food service for one year made me a good candidate for the position. I'm the type of person that is a quick learner.

Interview Questions

• Do you know Safe Serve questions? Also, other questions about temperature on food.   Answer Question

Probation Officer I/II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections (Dallas, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

I went to the GDC website and sent all the required information to the agency of my choosing. The following week was called in to take a physical test and interview. This only took about a week. A week later I was call back in for the job offer. The interview process was pretty straight forward. I was interview by a PO 3 and the chief. I was only in there for about 15 mins.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milledgeville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections (Milledgeville, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Panel Interview with 3 Wardens. Before the interview was given math test about cells and inmates. All asked random questions and didn't allow too much time or personable answers. When the interview was over, I was told by the Officer out front I can leave. No further information.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you been through in the past 3 months?   Answer Question

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Statesboro, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections (Statesboro, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online around September 2014, had an interview November 2014, and was hired January 2015. A panel of three interviewed me, ask several questions. It was a nice experience. I suggest being very patient. The panel will choose the top three and then make their selection.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay isn't the greatest but it is a state job.

Probation Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections.

Interview

You must complete a State test prior to application. Send State of Georgia Application and supporting documentation and wait for interview to be scheduled. You will be interviewed by a board of Probation Officers and supervisors. Dress in a suit and tie and carry some extra copies of your resume.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Probation and Parole?   1 Answer

Program Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections (Atlanta, GA) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview consisted of a panel and 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• What would be your strategic plan for the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very basic and straight forward.

Probation Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections.

Interview

The original application is very easy to fill out compared to local and federal law enforcement applications. The hiring process to about 1 month from initial interview to hire. Getting all the paperwork from the people in human resources at Phillips to P.O.S.T. took an act of God and me reporting there everyday for two weeks.

Interview Questions

• On one of my interviews I was asked to "Describe "What Works" is."   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations

Store Clerk I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartwell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections (Hartwell, GA) in August 2010.

Interview

1 interview - friendly and very low key

Interview Questions

• there weren't any unexpected questions but the one that is always the most difficult is what makes me better than another applicant.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Georgia Department of Corrections (Hamilton, GA) in July 2009.

Interview

I was told my job duties, salary , benefits, and what was expected of me as a Correctional Officer.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle an unruly inmate to keep him safe and also those around him safe   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was just told what my salary would be and there was no negotiating