Georgia Department of Economic Development

Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Georgia Department of Economic Development

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Georgia Department of Economic Development in May 2014.

The manager was also one of my online college professors so she told me about the internship. I emailed her later on in the semester about applying for the internships and she told me to submit a resume and writing sample to her assistant. A week later I received an email asking for my availability to schedule an interview. The interview consisted of the manger, her assistant, and current interns. They all asked at least one question. The manager informed me of a trial day I have to pass to get the internship. I was contacted within a day to set up for my trial period. I had to go in for 2 days. A month later I still didn't hear anything so I emailed the assistant and she told me I got the job.

Interview Questions
    Unpaid position so little negotiation.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Georgia Department of Economic Development in April 2010.

I recieved a phone call requesting an interview and I went in two days later. When I arrived, I was greeted by the two supervisors and we went to a conference room for the interview. They first explained what they do - which is a lot, and very interesting - and then they asked me questions. After that, it was a very free flowing discussion. I left the inteview very excited and hopeful.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very standard. What could I bring to the internship? What are my interests? Etc.   Answer Question

Unfortunately, I was made an offer elsewhere.

Economics Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Georgia Department of Economic Development in January 2011.

I was called in to interview about two days after I applied. The interviewer was extremely polite and well-spoken. The actual interview was somewhat informal, but still consisted of the basic questions. What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Etc.... It was not a bad interview "experience" by any means.

Interview Questions
    • What analysis would you most likely use in examining an industry in relation to tourism.   View Answer

I declined the offer because I accepted an offer from a different company.

Project Manager II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Georgia Department of Economic Development in August 2009.

Was referred to the organization who then sent me the requirement. I applied to the opportunity through HR and copied that employee referral. HR contacted me via phone and after some basic quals set up a 1to1 interview. After that I was advised that I made the short list and was brought back for a second interview with the senior manager and they soon made an offer which i accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you would go about lead generation for a state agency.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Salary was prestated take it or leave it as it was a govt agency.