Georgia Department of Economic Development

Relevance Date Difficulty

Internship Interview

Internship
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Georgia Department of Economic Development in April 2010.

Interview Details – I recieved a phone call requesting an interview and I went in two days later. When I arrived, I was greeted by the two supervisors and we went to a conference room for the interview. They first explained what they do - which is a lot, and very interesting - and then they asked me questions. After that, it was a very free flowing discussion. I left the inteview very excited and hopeful.

Interview Question – The questions were very standard. What could I bring to the internship? What are my interests? Etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Unfortunately, I was made an offer elsewhere.

Economics Interview

Economics

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Georgia Department of Economic Development in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was called in to interview about two days after I applied. The interviewer was extremely polite and well-spoken. The actual interview was somewhat informal, but still consisted of the basic questions. What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Etc.... It was not a bad interview "experience" by any means.

Interview Question – What analysis would you most likely use in examining an industry in relation to tourism.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I declined the offer because I accepted an offer from a different company.

Project Manager II Interview

Project Manager II

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Georgia Department of Economic Development in August 2009.

Interview Details – Was referred to the organization who then sent me the requirement. I applied to the opportunity through HR and copied that employee referral. HR contacted me via phone and after some basic quals set up a 1to1 interview. After that I was advised that I made the short list and was brought back for a second interview with the senior manager and they soon made an offer which i accepted.

Interview Question – Explain how you would go about lead generation for a state agency.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Salary was prestated take it or leave it as it was a govt agency.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Georgia Department of Economic Development? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Georgia Department of Economic Development interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Georgia Department of Economic Development employees and interview candidates.