Georgia Division of Family and Children Services

Updated Aug 4, 2015

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Georgia Division of Family and Children Services

Family Independent Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Georgia Division of Family and Children Services.

Interview

interview by 3 to 4 people ask series of questions. They are friendly and make you fell comfortable. The questions will be a breeze if you love to help people and eery worked with meeting deadlines. The turn around for selecting was quick but working for the state you will always start on the 1st or the 15th of the month.

Economic Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Division of Family and Children Services in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. Step 1: Apply online, Step 2: If you are chosen, you are added to a pool of candidates to come in as a group to interview, Step 3: You must pass a skills test, Step 4: You interview with a panel of 2-3 supervisors, Step 5: Either you are offered a position or you aren't.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was was the skills test because the wording was terrible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Case Manager, Region III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Division of Family and Children Services in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online in January 2014 and was contacted in July 2014. I realize that's a long time, however each region operates differently as far as the hiring process and regions with higher turnover hire more quickly and more frequently than regions that have less turnover. The initial contact from DFCS is in the form of an email inviting you for an interview (as a new MSW grad, I know quite a few new hires and this is the way in which everyone was initially contacted regardless of county/region). After responding to the email and accepting the interview, the first interview was with the County Director and a Program Consultant. It took about 2 weeks for them to contact me again and set up a second interview (panel interview with 4 DFCS supervisors - 2 from Foster Care and 2 from CPS - as well as the Program Consultant from the first interview), and I was contacted same day of the second interview and made an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you didn't agree with a policy and procedure and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's a state job and they utilize a statewide pay scale, thus there is no negotiation. There is a standardized beginning rate of pay determined by the level of your degree (i.e. MSW, BSW or bachelors in social science field), or associates degree.

Social Services Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Division of Family and Children Services (Covington, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight-forward. There were about 5 people present in the conference room where I was interviewed, but only one person asked the questions. They provided the questions they were asking on a sheet of paper for you so you can follow along. After the interview they sent you to another room to complete a set of questions; sort of a what would you do in this situation type assessment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with a supervisor and explain how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

Economic Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Georgia Division of Family and Children Services.

Interview

You take a basic test, then they selected a few people for interview in front of aprox. 4 people and discuss previous exp. they let you know if you don't pass with an 80% of online testing then you will not get a job. not true so many people failed basic math question and still were employed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation basic pay grade

Case Manager CPS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Division of Family and Children Services (Douglasville, GA) in January 2010.

Interview

Called. Interviewed. Finger printed. Drug screened. Hired. Went to training