Georgia Gwinnett College Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

Technical Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College (Lawrenceville, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Received a call from HR, and was asked if I had a few minutes for a couple of screening questions. These were not screening questions. These were actual interview questions. I was completely caught off guard, but apparently did alright. I was called for an actual interview. Since I was out of town, the next interview was by Skype. It was a panel type interview, and everyone was so nice. It was very enjoyable for an interview. I was advised that it would be several weeks before hearing the outcome. However, I never received any notification. That was disappointing. Even a letter advising you are not selected is better than hearing nothing at all.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College.

Interview

I was invited does for on campus interview with a panel. They were very poor with follow up communication. I received no response from my follow up email. Very unprofessional. It speaks volumes about the culture of the organization..Overall I was not very impressed.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College in March 2014.

Interview

I had a great experience interviewing with Human Resources. I received a call to set up a phone interview and a few days after that phone interview I was called for an in-person interview. They were all very professional and friendly. Their communication was great being they were such a small staff.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this institution that is unique?   Answer Question

Professional Writing Tutor Interview

Interview

Interviewed with Dean and was offered position on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation available

Marketing/Communications Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

The phone screen wasn't bad. I talked to a person in HR that liked my resume and wanted to pass it on to the supervisor of the dept I was interviewing for. I had an in-person interview with three ladies and one guy and they all looked and sounded like they could care less about me when I entered the room.

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College in February 2011.

Interview

Multiple interviews, phone interview and an in-person interview with "hiring committee," interview with the dean teaching demo in front of the hiring committee and any other professors who wished to attend two week new faculty orientation the hiring committee is composed of about 6 full time professors- they are overworked * knowing someone in the specific department helps as there are many people who apply

Interview Questions

• how would you motivate beginning college students? what are your research interests? how do you work with multiculutral students? what is a time you went out of your way to help a student in your class?   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Georgia Gwinnett College (Lawrenceville, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

Usually they try to meet with you at an employment center at the upcoming math conference. They are excellent with communicating and keeping you updated about the developments. Maintain a very friendly environment and are very forthcoming in terms of both positives and negatives of working at GGC.

Negotiation

I did not choose to negotiate.