Georgia-Pacific Corporation Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Feb 19, 2015

3.1

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in January 2015.

Received an initial phone screening about 1 1/2 week after applying online. Four days after that I got a call for a face to face interview. Interviewed with four different people and asked a lot of behavioral based questions. The company is really big on Market Based Management so I suggest you read up on that. Overall the interview process was not bad..... intense but not bad.... I have not heard anything yet but was told that I would here something within a week of my interview... keeping my fingers crossed!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you set a goal and achieved it.... Tell me about a time when you had to make an executive decision without your boss. What was the outcome.   Answer Question

Entry Level Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in January 2015.

Referred to GP's HR and then had a phone Interview with two electrical engineers for an entry level engineering rotational position; they took turns to ask behavioral questions. It took me about 45 mins to finish.

Interview Questions
    • six behavioral questions, such as talking about a quick decision, creative solution, taking an initiative, etc. Questions related to my resume were asked after my answers to the behavioral questions   Answer Question

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in October 2014.

talked to them at the Career fair. Interviewed the next day, pretty easy interview. 3 of them at one time. 30 mins. all behavioral questions. got an offer within 2 hours of interviewing. interviews were very friendly. really made me want to work for the company. process is really fast. too fast. i know its because it was for a 6-month co-op but they should recruit earlier so that people have time to rearrange their lives.

They only gave me a week and a half (originally only a week asked for an extension) to decide. Wasn't enough time to figure out a subleaser and adjust my academic plan so i could accept even though i really wanted to. great housing and relocation. Planning to apply for full-time

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in October 2014.

1. take business lunch with the interviewer; 2. one week later, got invited to the GP tower for an onsite back to back interview - talking with 4 people, 3.5hrs about behavior questions

Operations Research Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in June 2014.

I was initially contacted by an HR person for a quick 15 minutes phone interview. 1 week after the phone interview I was called for an on-site interview. During the on-site interview, I first had meetings with 4 directors/VPs, and had lunch with two other employees in the end.

The on-site interview process was mostly behavioral interview rather than technical. The only technical question was a modeling of an Inventory problem. All questions are generally like:
    - What did you do in your last work, and what is the outcome in the end?
    - Was there any moments that you disagree with your boss? How did you resolve it?
    - How would you express your ideas to non-technical audience?
    - What do you do to keep up with new technology?

Interview Questions
    • Was there any moments that you disagree with your boss?   Answer Question

Senior Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in May 2014.

The overall experience was bad. I had to send multiple emails and calls after which the HR got back to me for every round.

This was through a referral. The position was based in the Atlanta office. After I was referred, the HR emailed me that she wanted to interview me. I emailed her back with suitable times for a phone call. One week went by no reply. Two weeks. I followed up. Another week went by. I called the office landline, dialed by employee name, and she picked up the call. She said she was sorry and she had forgotten (how lame I thought, but I decided to forget that). An interview was set up for the next day. The interview went well. She asked a fair amount of questions which I answered quite well. She said she'll get back.

After waiting for three weeks after this - I followed up through email and there was no reply. When I called a week later, she said the position had been filled and she about to tell me.

She could have atleast been a little courteous and told me herself that the position had been filled. But that wasn't the case.

I think there's something called as recruitment ethics, and it was lacking in this Georgia-Pacific recruiter.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in March 2014.

An on campus interview resulting in a phone screen followed by an onsite interview process with the entire team. A very pleasant interview experience. The team was extremely professional and interview questions were focused on Market Based Management. Questions were very detail oriented from the resume and the team is thorough in their assessment.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about an experience when disagreed with an immediate superior on an issue and how you handled it moving forward?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in February 2014.

30 Minute Behavioral Interview. Interviewed by two people in office. Everyone was very pleasant and real. They asked basic behavioral interview questions based on their 10 guiding principles. Having situations prepared before hand is very helpful. They gave a change for the interviewee to ask questions. I would take them up on that. The MBM culture is more important to them than supply chain skills.

Didn't negotiate

Safety Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in January 2014.

Georgia Pacific conducted a college recruitment effort. You would attend a briefing one day and the next day attend a preliminary interview with resume in hand. The next phase included a telephone interview. If they are still interested in you, you are flown the Georgia for the final interview.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in December 2013.

The interview begins with a 2 hour cocktail hour on Monday evening. All interviewees are put up in Ritz-Carlton hotel in downtown Atlanta. All dinner and travel expenses are paid. Official interviews begin at 8 am the following morning.

Each interview is 1 hour long and is 1 on 1 with a GP employee.
    The interview is for a sales position located anywhere in the US.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you deserve this above anyone else.   View Answer

Offered position in another state