Georgia-Pacific Corporation Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Aug 22, 2015

3.2

Environmental Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

First had a phone interview where mostly behavioral questions were asked; lasted about 30 minutes. Was contacted to interview on-site in Atlanta. Flight, hotel, transportation, and food were all covered by the company. Had four, one hour long, one-on-one interviews on-site. One interviewer tended to focus on questions about my resume and elaborated on things I've done. The rest of the interviewers (and GP in general) focused on behavioral-based questions, so make sure to have experiences and stories you can pull from. But I would also strongly recommend, if they don't specifically ask (about half of my interviewers didn't), to make sure you find a way to incorporate into the interview(s) where you want to go, what you want to do, and why you want and are a good fit for the position, since you'll mostly be asked and will be talking about things from your past.

Interview Questions

• Describe a peer/coworker who didn't pull their own weight When you had to persuade someone A stressful situation you faced and how you dealt with it When you set a goal When you failed When you made a split-second decision When you showed leadership An instance where you offered a creative solution/made the existing methods better When you went above and beyond When you saw something unethical Your weakness When someone took credit for your work Describe a success   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I had a one hour phone interview, followed by 2 rounds of in-person interviews. Everyone I met with was very nice. A couple of months later I received a generic email from HR stating that they had filled the position.

Interview Questions

• What is one way I have implemented a change at my workplace that resulted in greater efficiency.   Answer Question

IT Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Got a mail from HR after 1 month of submission of my resume at a technology event. They didnt tell me whether I cracked phone intvw or not. After a few weeks, got 1 more mail asking if I am available for on-site intvw. Schedules on-site intvw after a week and 3 people took the intvw. First was technical (more related to the work I will be allocated to), 2nd person was cool n friendly (both tech n behavioral), 3rd person was even more cool (complete behavioral).

Interview Questions

• Questions about my skills listed in my resume and also about research related.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online on Koch website. Got an email from HR and arranged a phone interview. Mostly behavioral questions. Asked me about my study, related coursework, my current work and responsibilities, and web development related work done. There were lot of behavioral questions along with cross questioning. Make sure you are ready.

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Received an initial phone screening about 1 1/2 week after applying online. Four days after that I got a call for a face to face interview. Interviewed with four different people and asked a lot of behavioral based questions. The company is really big on Market Based Management so I suggest you read up on that. Overall the interview process was not bad..... intense but not bad.... I have not heard anything yet but was told that I would here something within a week of my interview... keeping my fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you set a goal and achieved it.... Tell me about a time when you had to make an executive decision without your boss. What was the outcome.   Answer Question

Entry Level Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Referred to GP's HR and then had a phone Interview with two electrical engineers for an entry level engineering rotational position; they took turns to ask behavioral questions. It took me about 45 mins to finish.

Interview Questions

• six behavioral questions, such as talking about a quick decision, creative solution, taking an initiative, etc. Questions related to my resume were asked after my answers to the behavioral questions   Answer Question

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

talked to them at the Career fair. Interviewed the next day, pretty easy interview. 3 of them at one time. 30 mins. all behavioral questions. got an offer within 2 hours of interviewing. interviews were very friendly. really made me want to work for the company. process is really fast. too fast. i know its because it was for a 6-month co-op but they should recruit earlier so that people have time to rearrange their lives.

They only gave me a week and a half (originally only a week asked for an extension) to decide. Wasn't enough time to figure out a subleaser and adjust my academic plan so i could accept even though i really wanted to. great housing and relocation. Planning to apply for full-time

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

1. take business lunch with the interviewer; 2. one week later, got invited to the GP tower for an onsite back to back interview - talking with 4 people, 3.5hrs about behavior questions

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Very simple process. A phone call from recruiter, a couple onsite interviews and a decision. The company is great moving through the interview process in a reasonable timeframe.

Operations Research Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by an HR person for a quick 15 minutes phone interview. 1 week after the phone interview I was called for an on-site interview. During the on-site interview, I first had meetings with 4 directors/VPs, and had lunch with two other employees in the end. The on-site interview process was mostly behavioral interview rather than technical. The only technical question was a modeling of an Inventory problem. All questions are generally like: - What did you do in your last work, and what is the outcome in the end? - Was there any moments that you disagree with your boss? How did you resolve it? - How would you express your ideas to non-technical audience? - What do you do to keep up with new technology?

Interview Questions

• Was there any moments that you disagree with your boss?   Answer Question