Georgia-Pacific Corporation Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

3.1

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Research Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in June 2014.

I was initially contacted by an HR person for a quick 15 minutes phone interview. 1 week after the phone interview I was called for an on-site interview. During the on-site interview, I first had meetings with 4 directors/VPs, and had lunch with two other employees in the end.

The on-site interview process was mostly behavioral interview rather than technical. The only technical question was a modeling of an Inventory problem. All questions are generally like:
    - What did you do in your last work, and what is the outcome in the end?
    - Was there any moments that you disagree with your boss? How did you resolve it?
    - How would you express your ideas to non-technical audience?
    - What do you do to keep up with new technology?

Interview Questions
    • Was there any moments that you disagree with your boss?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in August 2013.

Went to the career site and completed an application. After about 1 week I received an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. After speaking with the recruiter she said she would pass my resume and interview results over to the hiring manager. After about 3 weeks I received a call from an interview coordinator requesting that I give her a list of dates I would be available for 4hr interview with 4 different people.After that I got an email confirming that date and sent interview format and KOCH information. Dont bother reading the book, just knowing a few of the concepts will help. Each interviewer had a different objective judging you fit with the team, decision making, past job knowledge and personality. It was an exhausting interview and you must have PLENTY to talk about for 4 hrs. In the end, everyone was nice but very conservative which probably played a part in me not getting contacted. I followed up with the recruiter for a few weeks but after they reposted the position, I figured that ship had sailed.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in March 2014.

An on campus interview resulting in a phone screen followed by an onsite interview process with the entire team. A very pleasant interview experience. The team was extremely professional and interview questions were focused on Market Based Management. Questions were very detail oriented from the resume and the team is thorough in their assessment.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about an experience when disagreed with an immediate superior on an issue and how you handled it moving forward?   Answer Question

Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in October 2013.

Completed an online application; shortly afterward was contacted by HR for a brief phone interview. I was then contacted by the position's hiring manager to come to Atlanta for an in-person interview. My interview was on a Friday morning and started at about 9:00am. I spoke individually with each member of my prospective team members (five people total), and the interview was complete at about 2:00 pm.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us about a time you organized or led a project that failed."

"Tell us about a time that you were asked to perform or lead a task, and you challenged the traditional methodology."
        Answer Question

Safety Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in January 2014.

Georgia Pacific conducted a college recruitment effort. You would attend a briefing one day and the next day attend a preliminary interview with resume in hand. The next phase included a telephone interview. If they are still interested in you, you are flown the Georgia for the final interview.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in August 2009.

Telephone interview as well as face to face interview to meet hiring manager.

IT Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

The hiring process took about 2 weeks. I apply through my school's career website. I received an email a couple of days later asking me what the best time for me was to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, they schedule an on site interview for the following week. It was a panel interview with two people. The interviewers very extremely friendly and professional. The interview last for about an hour or so. Afterwards, they told me that they would continue interviewing several more candidates, and make a choice by the end of the week. I received a phone call on Friday notifying me that I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mostly behavioral questions, and based on your resume. I recommend the best way to prepare is to know your resume, and have several scenarios about your past work experience ready to discuss.   Answer Question
    They said pay was non-negotiable.

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in July 2013.

I applied online and was contacted 2 months later. I had 3 phone interviews and was scheduled for 6 interviews back to back for 6 hours, including during lunch.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in April 2013.

There were at least five one hour interviews plus lunch.
    Everything was generally standard by today's processes with questions asking for examples of specific things like teamwork, challenging circumstances, etc.
    Everyone seemed very positive on the general culture, and pre-reading of the MBM philosophy seemed helpful.

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in March 2010.

Very detailed program clearly outlined in the interview process. Has a great path for advancement and you will learn quickly. Working on the floor gives you the ability to see how the process works and to be able to respond quickly. Great first job and the interview will prepare you well. You will know exactly what to expect on your first day.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think your college career has prepared you for a position in the Paper industry?   Answer Question
    NO negotiations at this level.

Worked for Georgia-Pacific Corporation? Contribute to the Community!