Georgia-Pacific Corporation Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Apr 15, 2015

3.2

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I had a one hour phone interview, followed by 2 rounds of in-person interviews. Everyone I met with was very nice. A couple of months later I received a generic email from HR stating that they had filled the position.

Interview Questions

• What is one way I have implemented a change at my workplace that resulted in greater efficiency.   Answer Question

IT Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Got a mail from HR after 1 month of submission of my resume at a technology event. They didnt tell me whether I cracked phone intvw or not. After a few weeks, got 1 more mail asking if I am available for on-site intvw. Schedules on-site intvw after a week and 3 people took the intvw. First was technical (more related to the work I will be allocated to), 2nd person was cool n friendly (both tech n behavioral), 3rd person was even more cool (complete behavioral).

Interview Questions

• Questions about my skills listed in my resume and also about research related.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online on Koch website. Got an email from HR and arranged a phone interview. Mostly behavioral questions. Asked me about my study, related coursework, my current work and responsibilities, and web development related work done. There were lot of behavioral questions along with cross questioning. Make sure you are ready.

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Received an initial phone screening about 1 1/2 week after applying online. Four days after that I got a call for a face to face interview. Interviewed with four different people and asked a lot of behavioral based questions. The company is really big on Market Based Management so I suggest you read up on that. Overall the interview process was not bad..... intense but not bad.... I have not heard anything yet but was told that I would here something within a week of my interview... keeping my fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you set a goal and achieved it.... Tell me about a time when you had to make an executive decision without your boss. What was the outcome.   Answer Question

Entry Level Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Referred to GP's HR and then had a phone Interview with two electrical engineers for an entry level engineering rotational position; they took turns to ask behavioral questions. It took me about 45 mins to finish.

Interview Questions

• six behavioral questions, such as talking about a quick decision, creative solution, taking an initiative, etc. Questions related to my resume were asked after my answers to the behavioral questions   Answer Question

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

talked to them at the Career fair. Interviewed the next day, pretty easy interview. 3 of them at one time. 30 mins. all behavioral questions. got an offer within 2 hours of interviewing. interviews were very friendly. really made me want to work for the company. process is really fast. too fast. i know its because it was for a 6-month co-op but they should recruit earlier so that people have time to rearrange their lives.

They only gave me a week and a half (originally only a week asked for an extension) to decide. Wasn't enough time to figure out a subleaser and adjust my academic plan so i could accept even though i really wanted to. great housing and relocation. Planning to apply for full-time

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

1. take business lunch with the interviewer; 2. one week later, got invited to the GP tower for an onsite back to back interview - talking with 4 people, 3.5hrs about behavior questions

Operations Research Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by an HR person for a quick 15 minutes phone interview. 1 week after the phone interview I was called for an on-site interview. During the on-site interview, I first had meetings with 4 directors/VPs, and had lunch with two other employees in the end.

The on-site interview process was mostly behavioral interview rather than technical. The only technical question was a modeling of an Inventory problem. All questions are generally like:
    - What did you do in your last work, and what is the outcome in the end?
    - Was there any moments that you disagree with your boss? How did you resolve it?
    - How would you express your ideas to non-technical audience?
    - What do you do to keep up with new technology?

Interview Questions

• Was there any moments that you disagree with your boss?   Answer Question

Senior Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

The overall experience was bad. I had to send multiple emails and calls after which the HR got back to me for every round.

This was through a referral. The position was based in the Atlanta office. After I was referred, the HR emailed me that she wanted to interview me. I emailed her back with suitable times for a phone call. One week went by no reply. Two weeks. I followed up. Another week went by. I called the office landline, dialed by employee name, and she picked up the call. She said she was sorry and she had forgotten (how lame I thought, but I decided to forget that). An interview was set up for the next day. The interview went well. She asked a fair amount of questions which I answered quite well. She said she'll get back.

After waiting for three weeks after this - I followed up through email and there was no reply. When I called a week later, she said the position had been filled and she about to tell me.

She could have atleast been a little courteous and told me herself that the position had been filled. But that wasn't the case.

I think there's something called as recruitment ethics, and it was lacking in this Georgia-Pacific recruiter.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

An on campus interview resulting in a phone screen followed by an onsite interview process with the entire team. A very pleasant interview experience. The team was extremely professional and interview questions were focused on Market Based Management. Questions were very detail oriented from the resume and the team is thorough in their assessment.

Interview Questions

• Talk about an experience when disagreed with an immediate superior on an issue and how you handled it moving forward?   Answer Question