Georgia-Pacific Corporation Interview Questions & Reviews in Atlanta, GA

3.1

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Safety Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in January 2014.

Georgia Pacific conducted a college recruitment effort. You would attend a briefing one day and the next day attend a preliminary interview with resume in hand. The next phase included a telephone interview. If they are still interested in you, you are flown the Georgia for the final interview.

Vb.net Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in December 2011.

I applied online and heard back about 2 weeks later, an email scheduling a phone interview. I did my research and was ready - I was expecting a basic phone screen interview,but it was very comprehensive. I was asked some very in depth techincal and behavorial questions that I wasnt quite prepared for.

Entry Level Engineering Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in March 2012.

First, there was a phone interview screening with an HR rep. He asked some basic questions and a couple of behavioral questions given to him from the hiring manager. I got a call back a couple days later saying that they wanted to skip the phone interview with the manager and brought me to Atlanta. They had me interview with 6 people (each one on one). Then I went to lunch with the hiring manager and one other person.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you did not take the "easy way out" but went the "right" way to reach a solution.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in August 2013.

Went to the career site and completed an application. After about 1 week I received an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. After speaking with the recruiter she said she would pass my resume and interview results over to the hiring manager. After about 3 weeks I received a call from an interview coordinator requesting that I give her a list of dates I would be available for 4hr interview with 4 different people.After that I got an email confirming that date and sent interview format and KOCH information. Dont bother reading the book, just knowing a few of the concepts will help. Each interviewer had a different objective judging you fit with the team, decision making, past job knowledge and personality. It was an exhausting interview and you must have PLENTY to talk about for 4 hrs. In the end, everyone was nice but very conservative which probably played a part in me not getting contacted. I followed up with the recruiter for a few weeks but after they reposted the position, I figured that ship had sailed.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in July 2007.

Long interview process, be prepared for over half a day.

In the first step, the recruiter will call and schedule a time for a phone interview. In the phone interview, you will be asked general questions about your past experience. It should last 30 minutes or so.

In the face to face interview, I spoke with 5 people. All in a one-on-one format. They will call out a core value and expect for you to give an example illustrating how you handled yourself in that situation. So for example, the core value may be Integrity and you give an example of a time in your career when your Integrity was questioned and what you did.

Other core values include teamwork, Respect, Ownership, and Value (what do you do that brings value to company). Have plenty examples of past work experience.

I have also had interviews there that were in a panel format. One panel gave a written test.

You will leave tired when you finish interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you bring value to your current role?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when a project did not go as planned and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Manager - Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Received a telephone interview. The company uses behavioral interviews. One of the toughest phone interviews I've had, but I have a second.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 things that you must have in your next position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in January 2011.

I was interviewed by a panel of 3. They asked from a variety of questions, from my knowledge of accounting/auditing, IT, personality questions. It was just the recruiting interview and that panel of 3 interview. Got my offer a week later.

They offered, I asked if it was negotiable, they said no.

Reporting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in July 2011.

The interview process at Georgia-Pacific is rather grueling. They invited me in for four separate one hour interviews, so an entire half-day. I met with three departmental leaders including the hiring manager as well as a rep from Human Resources. It went pretty well. I may not have been exactly what they were looking for, but I thought that I held my own during each interview. I was told they would follow up within a few days to a week. I sent thank you emails and expressed that I looked forward to hearing back from them. One month later, still nothing. I think it is inexcusably poor that a reputable company like GP would invite someone to their offices for a half day's worth of interviews (I had to use PTO at my current job) and never let the candidate know one way or the other. Obviously, I did not get the job. I have been called a rising star by two other companies, and you know who will never get an application from me again? Georgia-Pacific.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions are behavioral based. Look online for examples and have an answer for the ones that don't apply to you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in July 2011.

I applied through university job board and they called me in for an interview. The interview was not hard, they just asked basic team based questions. I related all my answers back to teamwork and experiences I had with groups in school. I interviewed with the manager and the Systems Analyst guy that I would eventually work under. The interview took about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when someone in your group/team was not performing up to standards. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in March 2010.

Applied on GP website, and heard back from Encadria representative. Emailed back and forth and eventually set up an interview. On site behavioral interview. Wanted to see if a good fit according to MBM guiding principles. Nice and friendly interviewers. Did ask some technical questions about previous work experience. Had several people review resume.

Interview Questions

Worked for Georgia-Pacific Corporation? Contribute to the Community!