Georgia-Pacific Corporation

Very Difficult Interview

Safety Associate Interview

Safety Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in January 2014.

Interview Details – Georgia Pacific conducted a college recruitment effort. You would attend a briefing one day and the next day attend a preliminary interview with resume in hand. The next phase included a telephone interview. If they are still interested in you, you are flown the Georgia for the final interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about your self   View Answer

IT Co-Op Interview

IT Co-Op
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a panel of 3. They asked from a variety of questions, from my knowledge of accounting/auditing, IT, personality questions. It was just the recruiting interview and that panel of 3 interview. Got my offer a week later.

Negotiation Details – They offered, I asked if it was negotiable, they said no.

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in August 2013.

Interview Details – Went to the career site and completed an application. After about 1 week I received an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. After speaking with the recruiter she said she would pass my resume and interview results over to the hiring manager. After about 3 weeks I received a call from an interview coordinator requesting that I give her a list of dates I would be available for 4hr interview with 4 different people.After that I got an email confirming that date and sent interview format and KOCH information. Dont bother reading the book, just knowing a few of the concepts will help. Each interviewer had a different objective judging you fit with the team, decision making, past job knowledge and personality. It was an exhausting interview and you must have PLENTY to talk about for 4 hrs. In the end, everyone was nice but very conservative which probably played a part in me not getting contacted. I followed up with the recruiter for a few weeks but after they reposted the position, I figured that ship had sailed.

Interview Question – What do you know about KOCH enterprises?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Reporting Specialist Interview

Reporting Specialist
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in July 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process at Georgia-Pacific is rather grueling. They invited me in for four separate one hour interviews, so an entire half-day. I met with three departmental leaders including the hiring manager as well as a rep from Human Resources. It went pretty well. I may not have been exactly what they were looking for, but I thought that I held my own during each interview. I was told they would follow up within a few days to a week. I sent thank you emails and expressed that I looked forward to hearing back from them. One month later, still nothing. I think it is inexcusably poor that a reputable company like GP would invite someone to their offices for a half day's worth of interviews (I had to use PTO at my current job) and never let the candidate know one way or the other. Obviously, I did not get the job. I have been called a rising star by two other companies, and you know who will never get an application from me again? Georgia-Pacific.

Interview Question – All of the questions are behavioral based. Look online for examples and have an answer for the ones that don't apply to you.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Atlanta, GA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in July 2007.

Interview Details – Long interview process, be prepared for over half a day.

In the first step, the recruiter will call and schedule a time for a phone interview. In the phone interview, you will be asked general questions about your past experience. It should last 30 minutes or so.

In the face to face interview, I spoke with 5 people. All in a one-on-one format. They will call out a core value and expect for you to give an example illustrating how you handled yourself in that situation. So for example, the core value may be Integrity and you give an example of a time in your career when your Integrity was questioned and what you did.

Other core values include teamwork, Respect, Ownership, and Value (what do you do that brings value to company). Have plenty examples of past work experience.

I have also had interviews there that were in a panel format. One panel gave a written test.

You will leave tired when you finish interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you bring value to your current role?   Answer Question
  • Give an example of a time when a project did not go as planned and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Vb.net Programmer Interview

Vb.net Programmer
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in December 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and heard back about 2 weeks later, an email scheduling a phone interview. I did my research and was ready - I was expecting a basic phone screen interview,but it was very comprehensive. I was asked some very in depth techincal and behavorial questions that I wasnt quite prepared for.

Interview Question – What do you like about Visual Basic?   Answer Question

Manager - Analysis Interview

Manager - Analysis
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Interview Details – Received a telephone interview. The company uses behavioral interviews. One of the toughest phone interviews I've had, but I have a second.

Interview Question – What are 3 things that you must have in your next position?   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineering Program Interview

Entry Level Engineering Program
Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in March 2012.

Interview Details – First, there was a phone interview screening with an HR rep. He asked some basic questions and a couple of behavioral questions given to him from the hiring manager. I got a call back a couple days later saying that they wanted to skip the phone interview with the manager and brought me to Atlanta. They had me interview with 6 people (each one on one). Then I went to lunch with the hiring manager and one other person.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you did not take the "easy way out" but went the "right" way to reach a solution.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in May 2012.

Interview Details – Did short phone screen with HR. Then called back to schedule an in-person interview Went into interview had five separate one on one interviews. Very nice people. Got a call about 2 weeks later stating they selected another candidate. They do situation based interviews. I was prepared and overall a very positive experience.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you helped in another area of the organization.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in August 2011.

Interview Details – Be careful with this company folks. They wasted a month of my time going through 10 interviews negotiated a salary with HR and still came up with a outrageous excuse not to hire me. Beware, they don't practice the MBM Guiding Principles like they would lead you to believe.

Interview Question – Can you explain a situation where you may have had to break the company policy in order to get the job done?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Georgia-Pacific Corporation

Worked for Georgia-Pacific Corporation? Contribute to the Community!