Georgia-Pacific Corporation

34 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in March 2014.

Interview Details – An on campus interview resulting in a phone screen followed by an onsite interview process with the entire team. A very pleasant interview experience. The team was extremely professional and interview questions were focused on Market Based Management. Questions were very detail oriented from the resume and the team is thorough in their assessment.

Interview Question – Talk about an experience when disagreed with an immediate superior on an issue and how you handled it moving forward?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in August 2013.

Interview Details – Went to the career site and completed an application. After about 1 week I received an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. After speaking with the recruiter she said she would pass my resume and interview results over to the hiring manager. After about 3 weeks I received a call from an interview coordinator requesting that I give her a list of dates I would be available for 4hr interview with 4 different people.After that I got an email confirming that date and sent interview format and KOCH information. Dont bother reading the book, just knowing a few of the concepts will help. Each interviewer had a different objective judging you fit with the team, decision making, past job knowledge and personality. It was an exhausting interview and you must have PLENTY to talk about for 4 hrs. In the end, everyone was nice but very conservative which probably played a part in me not getting contacted. I followed up with the recruiter for a few weeks but after they reposted the position, I figured that ship had sailed.

Interview Question – What do you know about KOCH enterprises?   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Marketing Director
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in December 2013.

Interview Details – I was very disappointed with the unprofessional behavior displayed both HR and the hiring manager. The Hiring Manager blew off my first scheduled phone interview, then contacted me late to cancel the 2nd. Couldn't reach HR to find out a time for the 3rd reschedule. Finally learned they wouldn't be filling the role 'at this time' (months later). Very amateurish behavior for such a large company. This was in the professional group, not consumer.

Interview Question – Basic HR questions, past salary, etc.   Answer Question

Sourcing Analyst Interview

Sourcing Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in October 2013.

Interview Details – Completed an online application; shortly afterward was contacted by HR for a brief phone interview. I was then contacted by the position's hiring manager to come to Atlanta for an in-person interview. My interview was on a Friday morning and started at about 9:00am. I spoke individually with each member of my prospective team members (five people total), and the interview was complete at about 2:00 pm.

Interview Question – "Tell us about a time you organized or led a project that failed."

"Tell us about a time that you were asked to perform or lead a task, and you challenged the traditional methodology."
  Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Safety Associate Interview

Safety Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in January 2014.

Interview Details – Georgia Pacific conducted a college recruitment effort. You would attend a briefing one day and the next day attend a preliminary interview with resume in hand. The next phase included a telephone interview. If they are still interested in you, you are flown the Georgia for the final interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about your self   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in August 2009.

Interview Details – Telephone interview as well as face to face interview to meet hiring manager.

Interview Question – Are you firm on requested salary?   Answer Question

IT Co-Op Interview

IT Co-Op
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Interview Details – The hiring process took about 2 weeks. I apply through my school's career website. I received an email a couple of days later asking me what the best time for me was to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, they schedule an on site interview for the following week. It was a panel interview with two people. The interviewers very extremely friendly and professional. The interview last for about an hour or so. Afterwards, they told me that they would continue interviewing several more candidates, and make a choice by the end of the week. I received a phone call on Friday notifying me that I had gotten the job.

Interview Question – Questions were mostly behavioral questions, and based on your resume. I recommend the best way to prepare is to know your resume, and have several scenarios about your past work experience ready to discuss.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They said pay was non-negotiable.

Sourcing Manager Interview

Sourcing Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted 2 months later. I had 3 phone interviews and was scheduled for 6 interviews back to back for 6 hours, including during lunch.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in April 2013.

Interview Details – There were at least five one hour interviews plus lunch.
Everything was generally standard by today's processes with questions asking for examples of specific things like teamwork, challenging circumstances, etc.
Everyone seemed very positive on the general culture, and pre-reading of the MBM philosophy seemed helpful.

Interview Question – Cannot recall anything unusual   Answer Question

Procurement Specialist Interview

Procurement Specialist
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in March 2010.

Interview Details – Very detailed program clearly outlined in the interview process. Has a great path for advancement and you will learn quickly. Working on the floor gives you the ability to see how the process works and to be able to respond quickly. Great first job and the interview will prepare you well. You will know exactly what to expect on your first day.

Interview Question – Why do you think your college career has prepared you for a position in the Paper industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO negotiations at this level.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Georgia-Pacific Corporation

Worked for Georgia-Pacific Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Georgia-Pacific Corporation interview questions and advice in Atlanta, GA. All 34 interview reviews posted anonymously by Georgia-Pacific Corporation employees and interview candidates.