Georgia-Pacific Corporation Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Aug 22, 2015

3.2

Senior Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

The overall experience was bad. I had to send multiple emails and calls after which the HR got back to me for every round. This was through a referral. The position was based in the Atlanta office. After I was referred, the HR emailed me that she wanted to interview me. I emailed her back with suitable times for a phone call. One week went by no reply. Two weeks. I followed up. Another week went by. I called the office landline, dialed by employee name, and she picked up the call. She said she was sorry and she had forgotten (how lame I thought, but I decided to forget that). An interview was set up for the next day. The interview went well. She asked a fair amount of questions which I answered quite well. She said she'll get back. After waiting for three weeks after this - I followed up through email and there was no reply. When I called a week later, she said the position had been filled and she about to tell me. She could have atleast been a little courteous and told me herself that the position had been filled. But that wasn't the case. I think there's something called as recruitment ethics, and it was lacking in this Georgia-Pacific recruiter.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

An on campus interview resulting in a phone screen followed by an onsite interview process with the entire team. A very pleasant interview experience. The team was extremely professional and interview questions were focused on Market Based Management. Questions were very detail oriented from the resume and the team is thorough in their assessment.

Interview Questions

• Talk about an experience when disagreed with an immediate superior on an issue and how you handled it moving forward?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

30 Minute Behavioral Interview. Interviewed by two people in office. Everyone was very pleasant and real. They asked basic behavioral interview questions based on their 10 guiding principles. Having situations prepared before hand is very helpful. They gave a change for the interviewee to ask questions. I would take them up on that. The MBM culture is more important to them than supply chain skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Safety Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Georgia Pacific conducted a college recruitment effort. You would attend a briefing one day and the next day attend a preliminary interview with resume in hand. The next phase included a telephone interview. If they are still interested in you, you are flown the Georgia for the final interview.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview begins with a 2 hour cocktail hour on Monday evening. All interviewees are put up in Ritz-Carlton hotel in downtown Atlanta. All dinner and travel expenses are paid. Official interviews begin at 8 am the following morning. Each interview is 1 hour long and is 1 on 1 with a GP employee. The interview is for a sales position located anywhere in the US.

Interview Questions

• Why do you deserve this above anyone else.   1 Answer

Offered position in another state

Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

Completed an online application; shortly afterward was contacted by HR for a brief phone interview. I was then contacted by the position's hiring manager to come to Atlanta for an in-person interview. My interview was on a Friday morning and started at about 9:00am. I spoke individually with each member of my prospective team members (five people total), and the interview was complete at about 2:00 pm.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about a time you organized or led a project that failed." "Tell us about a time that you were asked to perform or lead a task, and you challenged the traditional methodology."   Answer Question

IT Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The hiring process took about 2 weeks. I apply through my school's career website. I received an email a couple of days later asking me what the best time for me was to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, they schedule an on site interview for the following week. It was a panel interview with two people. The interviewers very extremely friendly and professional. The interview last for about an hour or so. Afterwards, they told me that they would continue interviewing several more candidates, and make a choice by the end of the week. I received a phone call on Friday notifying me that I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly behavioral questions, and based on your resume. I recommend the best way to prepare is to know your resume, and have several scenarios about your past work experience ready to discuss.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They said pay was non-negotiable.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

Went to the career site and completed an application. After about 1 week I received an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. After speaking with the recruiter she said she would pass my resume and interview results over to the hiring manager. After about 3 weeks I received a call from an interview coordinator requesting that I give her a list of dates I would be available for 4hr interview with 4 different people.After that I got an email confirming that date and sent interview format and KOCH information. Dont bother reading the book, just knowing a few of the concepts will help. Each interviewer had a different objective judging you fit with the team, decision making, past job knowledge and personality. It was an exhausting interview and you must have PLENTY to talk about for 4 hrs. In the end, everyone was nice but very conservative which probably played a part in me not getting contacted. I followed up with the recruiter for a few weeks but after they reposted the position, I figured that ship had sailed.

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted 2 months later. I had 3 phone interviews and was scheduled for 6 interviews back to back for 6 hours, including during lunch.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

There were at least five one hour interviews plus lunch. Everything was generally standard by today's processes with questions asking for examples of specific things like teamwork, challenging circumstances, etc. Everyone seemed very positive on the general culture, and pre-reading of the MBM philosophy seemed helpful.