Georgia-Pacific Corporation Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

3.1

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in May 2012.

Did short phone screen with HR. Then called back to schedule an in-person interview Went into interview had five separate one on one interviews. Very nice people. Got a call about 2 weeks later stating they selected another candidate. They do situation based interviews. I was prepared and overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you helped in another area of the organization.   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineering Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in March 2012.

First, there was a phone interview screening with an HR rep. He asked some basic questions and a couple of behavioral questions given to him from the hiring manager. I got a call back a couple days later saying that they wanted to skip the phone interview with the manager and brought me to Atlanta. They had me interview with 6 people (each one on one). Then I went to lunch with the hiring manager and one other person.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you did not take the "easy way out" but went the "right" way to reach a solution.   Answer Question

Vb.net Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in December 2011.

I applied online and heard back about 2 weeks later, an email scheduling a phone interview. I did my research and was ready - I was expecting a basic phone screen interview,but it was very comprehensive. I was asked some very in depth techincal and behavorial questions that I wasnt quite prepared for.

Senior Channel Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in December 2011.

I met a VP at a career fair, and he was impressed by me. He had an HR rep contact me via email to see if I was interested in their open Sr. Channel Manager position. I had 4 1:1 interviews all in one day...all behavioral in format.

Ergonomist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in November 2011.

Talked about past experiences on resume and company background. Interviewer was hiring manager.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in October 2011.

Very professional emails and phone interview with a company recruiter. Things went well and she asked for some times I was available to come in for a 1/2-day interview with the hiring manager. She told me she would call back within the next week. Then, total silence. I followed up via email and still no reponse. By this time, I had spent hours researching the company and preparing for the promised interview. Very puzzling to be treated this way as a professional candidate.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in September 2011.

Phone interview for 30 minutes with job description and technical interview.

Followed up with in-person interview the following week with a panel of 5. This time was more personal interview but still have technical questions.

Work culture seems relaxed with alternate work schedule for full-time employees. People are nice and open. Office is a little old-school cubicles but provides enough privacy.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer/colleague hounding you for work that appears to be his/her responsibilities?   View Answer
    Not much.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in August 2011.

Be careful with this company folks. They wasted a month of my time going through 10 interviews negotiated a salary with HR and still came up with a outrageous excuse not to hire me. Beware, they don't practice the MBM Guiding Principles like they would lead you to believe.

Interview Questions
    • Can you explain a situation where you may have had to break the company policy in order to get the job done?   Answer Question

Reporting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in July 2011.

The interview process at Georgia-Pacific is rather grueling. They invited me in for four separate one hour interviews, so an entire half-day. I met with three departmental leaders including the hiring manager as well as a rep from Human Resources. It went pretty well. I may not have been exactly what they were looking for, but I thought that I held my own during each interview. I was told they would follow up within a few days to a week. I sent thank you emails and expressed that I looked forward to hearing back from them. One month later, still nothing. I think it is inexcusably poor that a reputable company like GP would invite someone to their offices for a half day's worth of interviews (I had to use PTO at my current job) and never let the candidate know one way or the other. Obviously, I did not get the job. I have been called a rising star by two other companies, and you know who will never get an application from me again? Georgia-Pacific.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions are behavioral based. Look online for examples and have an answer for the ones that don't apply to you.   Answer Question

IT Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in July 2011.

I applied through university job board and they called me in for an interview. The interview was not hard, they just asked basic team based questions. I related all my answers back to teamwork and experiences I had with groups in school. I interviewed with the manager and the Systems Analyst guy that I would eventually work under. The interview took about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when someone in your group/team was not performing up to standards. What did you do?   Answer Question