Georgia-Pacific Corporation

3.1

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in August 2013.

Went to the career site and completed an application. After about 1 week I received an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. After speaking with the recruiter she said she would pass my resume and interview results over to the hiring manager. After about 3 weeks I received a call from an interview coordinator requesting that I give her a list of dates I would be available for 4hr interview with 4 different people.After that I got an email confirming that date and sent interview format and KOCH information. Dont bother reading the book, just knowing a few of the concepts will help. Each interviewer had a different objective judging you fit with the team, decision making, past job knowledge and personality. It was an exhausting interview and you must have PLENTY to talk about for 4 hrs. In the end, everyone was nice but very conservative which probably played a part in me not getting contacted. I followed up with the recruiter for a few weeks but after they reposted the position, I figured that ship had sailed.

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in July 2013.

I applied online and was contacted 2 months later. I had 3 phone interviews and was scheduled for 6 interviews back to back for 6 hours, including during lunch.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in April 2013.

There were at least five one hour interviews plus lunch.
    Everything was generally standard by today's processes with questions asking for examples of specific things like teamwork, challenging circumstances, etc.
    Everyone seemed very positive on the general culture, and pre-reading of the MBM philosophy seemed helpful.

Manager - Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Received a telephone interview. The company uses behavioral interviews. One of the toughest phone interviews I've had, but I have a second.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 things that you must have in your next position?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in May 2012.

Did short phone screen with HR. Then called back to schedule an in-person interview Went into interview had five separate one on one interviews. Very nice people. Got a call about 2 weeks later stating they selected another candidate. They do situation based interviews. I was prepared and overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you helped in another area of the organization.   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineering Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in March 2012.

First, there was a phone interview screening with an HR rep. He asked some basic questions and a couple of behavioral questions given to him from the hiring manager. I got a call back a couple days later saying that they wanted to skip the phone interview with the manager and brought me to Atlanta. They had me interview with 6 people (each one on one). Then I went to lunch with the hiring manager and one other person.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you did not take the "easy way out" but went the "right" way to reach a solution.   Answer Question

Vb.net Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in December 2011.

I applied online and heard back about 2 weeks later, an email scheduling a phone interview. I did my research and was ready - I was expecting a basic phone screen interview,but it was very comprehensive. I was asked some very in depth techincal and behavorial questions that I wasnt quite prepared for.

Senior Channel Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in December 2011.

I met a VP at a career fair, and he was impressed by me. He had an HR rep contact me via email to see if I was interested in their open Sr. Channel Manager position. I had 4 1:1 interviews all in one day...all behavioral in format.

Ergonomist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in November 2011.

Talked about past experiences on resume and company background. Interviewer was hiring manager.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in October 2011.

Very professional emails and phone interview with a company recruiter. Things went well and she asked for some times I was available to come in for a 1/2-day interview with the hiring manager. She told me she would call back within the next week. Then, total silence. I followed up via email and still no reponse. By this time, I had spent hours researching the company and preparing for the promised interview. Very puzzling to be treated this way as a professional candidate.