Georgia-Pacific Corporation Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Aug 14, 2014

3.1

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in March 2010.

Applied on GP website, and heard back from Encadria representative. Emailed back and forth and eventually set up an interview. On site behavioral interview. Wanted to see if a good fit according to MBM guiding principles. Nice and friendly interviewers. Did ask some technical questions about previous work experience. Had several people review resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in July 2011.

I applied through university job board and they called me in for an interview. The interview was not hard, they just asked basic team based questions. I related all my answers back to teamwork and experiences I had with groups in school. I interviewed with the manager and the Systems Analyst guy that I would eventually work under. The interview took about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when someone in your group/team was not performing up to standards. What did you do?   Answer Question

Reporting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in July 2011.

The interview process at Georgia-Pacific is rather grueling. They invited me in for four separate one hour interviews, so an entire half-day. I met with three departmental leaders including the hiring manager as well as a rep from Human Resources. It went pretty well. I may not have been exactly what they were looking for, but I thought that I held my own during each interview. I was told they would follow up within a few days to a week. I sent thank you emails and expressed that I looked forward to hearing back from them. One month later, still nothing. I think it is inexcusably poor that a reputable company like GP would invite someone to their offices for a half day's worth of interviews (I had to use PTO at my current job) and never let the candidate know one way or the other. Obviously, I did not get the job. I have been called a rising star by two other companies, and you know who will never get an application from me again? Georgia-Pacific.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions are behavioral based. Look online for examples and have an answer for the ones that don't apply to you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in January 2011.

I was interviewed by a panel of 3. They asked from a variety of questions, from my knowledge of accounting/auditing, IT, personality questions. It was just the recruiting interview and that panel of 3 interview. Got my offer a week later.

They offered, I asked if it was negotiable, they said no.

Manager - Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Received a telephone interview. The company uses behavioral interviews. One of the toughest phone interviews I've had, but I have a second.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 things that you must have in your next position?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in July 2008.

Interviews are all over the place, depending on the division and department you're working for. Generally looking for bright people, and may be willing to ignore the lack of formal training and education if you have good experience. Important that you do a little research on the company and know what Market Based Management is.

Interview Questions
    • If I called your former boss, what would they say your biggest weakness was?   View Answer

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in July 2011.

value

Interview Questions
    • What's the most difficult situation you've been in and how you deal with it and what the outcome is?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in May 2012.

Did short phone screen with HR. Then called back to schedule an in-person interview Went into interview had five separate one on one interviews. Very nice people. Got a call about 2 weeks later stating they selected another candidate. They do situation based interviews. I was prepared and overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you helped in another area of the organization.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in May 2008.

Began with interviews at the college I attended.

It consisted of three weeks concerning vacation.

Ergonomist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in November 2011.

Talked about past experiences on resume and company background. Interviewer was hiring manager.