Georgia-Pacific Corporation

Updated Feb 19, 2015

3.1

Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in October 2013.

Completed an online application; shortly afterward was contacted by HR for a brief phone interview. I was then contacted by the position's hiring manager to come to Atlanta for an in-person interview. My interview was on a Friday morning and started at about 9:00am. I spoke individually with each member of my prospective team members (five people total), and the interview was complete at about 2:00 pm.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us about a time you organized or led a project that failed."

"Tell us about a time that you were asked to perform or lead a task, and you challenged the traditional methodology."

Answer Question

IT Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

The hiring process took about 2 weeks. I apply through my school's career website. I received an email a couple of days later asking me what the best time for me was to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, they schedule an on site interview for the following week. It was a panel interview with two people. The interviewers very extremely friendly and professional. The interview last for about an hour or so. Afterwards, they told me that they would continue interviewing several more candidates, and make a choice by the end of the week. I received a phone call on Friday notifying me that I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mostly behavioral questions, and based on your resume. I recommend the best way to prepare is to know your resume, and have several scenarios about your past work experience ready to discuss.   Answer Question
    They said pay was non-negotiable.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in August 2013.

Went to the career site and completed an application. After about 1 week I received an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. After speaking with the recruiter she said she would pass my resume and interview results over to the hiring manager. After about 3 weeks I received a call from an interview coordinator requesting that I give her a list of dates I would be available for 4hr interview with 4 different people.After that I got an email confirming that date and sent interview format and KOCH information. Dont bother reading the book, just knowing a few of the concepts will help. Each interviewer had a different objective judging you fit with the team, decision making, past job knowledge and personality. It was an exhausting interview and you must have PLENTY to talk about for 4 hrs. In the end, everyone was nice but very conservative which probably played a part in me not getting contacted. I followed up with the recruiter for a few weeks but after they reposted the position, I figured that ship had sailed.

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in July 2013.

I applied online and was contacted 2 months later. I had 3 phone interviews and was scheduled for 6 interviews back to back for 6 hours, including during lunch.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in April 2013.

There were at least five one hour interviews plus lunch.
    Everything was generally standard by today's processes with questions asking for examples of specific things like teamwork, challenging circumstances, etc.
    Everyone seemed very positive on the general culture, and pre-reading of the MBM philosophy seemed helpful.

Manager - Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Received a telephone interview. The company uses behavioral interviews. One of the toughest phone interviews I've had, but I have a second.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 things that you must have in your next position?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in May 2012.

Did short phone screen with HR. Then called back to schedule an in-person interview Went into interview had five separate one on one interviews. Very nice people. Got a call about 2 weeks later stating they selected another candidate. They do situation based interviews. I was prepared and overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you helped in another area of the organization.   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineering Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in March 2012.

First, there was a phone interview screening with an HR rep. He asked some basic questions and a couple of behavioral questions given to him from the hiring manager. I got a call back a couple days later saying that they wanted to skip the phone interview with the manager and brought me to Atlanta. They had me interview with 6 people (each one on one). Then I went to lunch with the hiring manager and one other person.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you did not take the "easy way out" but went the "right" way to reach a solution.   Answer Question

Vb.net Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in December 2011.

I applied online and heard back about 2 weeks later, an email scheduling a phone interview. I did my research and was ready - I was expecting a basic phone screen interview,but it was very comprehensive. I was asked some very in depth techincal and behavorial questions that I wasnt quite prepared for.

Senior Channel Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in December 2011.

I met a VP at a career fair, and he was impressed by me. He had an HR rep contact me via email to see if I was interested in their open Sr. Channel Manager position. I had 4 1:1 interviews all in one day...all behavioral in format.