Georgia-Pacific Corporation Interview Questions & Reviews in Atlanta, GA

3.1

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Entry Level Engineering Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in March 2012.

First, there was a phone interview screening with an HR rep. He asked some basic questions and a couple of behavioral questions given to him from the hiring manager. I got a call back a couple days later saying that they wanted to skip the phone interview with the manager and brought me to Atlanta. They had me interview with 6 people (each one on one). Then I went to lunch with the hiring manager and one other person.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you did not take the "easy way out" but went the "right" way to reach a solution.   Answer Question

Senior Channel Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in December 2011.

I met a VP at a career fair, and he was impressed by me. He had an HR rep contact me via email to see if I was interested in their open Sr. Channel Manager position. I had 4 1:1 interviews all in one day...all behavioral in format.

Vb.net Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in December 2011.

I applied online and heard back about 2 weeks later, an email scheduling a phone interview. I did my research and was ready - I was expecting a basic phone screen interview,but it was very comprehensive. I was asked some very in depth techincal and behavorial questions that I wasnt quite prepared for.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in October 2011.

Very professional emails and phone interview with a company recruiter. Things went well and she asked for some times I was available to come in for a 1/2-day interview with the hiring manager. She told me she would call back within the next week. Then, total silence. I followed up via email and still no reponse. By this time, I had spent hours researching the company and preparing for the promised interview. Very puzzling to be treated this way as a professional candidate.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in August 2011.

Be careful with this company folks. They wasted a month of my time going through 10 interviews negotiated a salary with HR and still came up with a outrageous excuse not to hire me. Beware, they don't practice the MBM Guiding Principles like they would lead you to believe.

Interview Questions
    • Can you explain a situation where you may have had to break the company policy in order to get the job done?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in September 2011.

Phone interview for 30 minutes with job description and technical interview.

Followed up with in-person interview the following week with a panel of 5. This time was more personal interview but still have technical questions.

Work culture seems relaxed with alternate work schedule for full-time employees. People are nice and open. Office is a little old-school cubicles but provides enough privacy.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer/colleague hounding you for work that appears to be his/her responsibilities?   View Answer
    Not much.

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in March 2011.

Straight forward panel interview. Thankfully, I had a good idea of what the interviewers were looking for in a candidate and I was able to impressed them. Shortly after the interview I was offered the position. GP's interview consists mainly of situational questions. They do like a GPA of at least a 3.0, but that is not the only determining factor. And the reason for all of those situational questions is so that they can weed out those that do not align well with their MBM Guiding Principles. If you align with the principles and have proven experience implementing such initiatives in the past, then you are a prime candidate to be hired at GP.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell us a time when you had to use persuasion to get an co-work to comply with your wishes and what was the outcome?   View Answer
    Honestly, GP got back to me with a job offer more quickly than any other employer, so I took GP's offer after a weekend of deliberation. GP is a great company. I did have other offers, but I am happy with the choice I made.

Senior Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in July 2009.

First a phone interview by the HR Rep
    Then a 1 on 1 interview with several members of team
    Finally another interview with GM of teh division

Interview Questions
    • Have your worked on a business where advertising has positive ROI   Answer Question
    • Do you want to be a CMO or a GM   View Answer
    They do not negotiate, I was able to get sligthly more for relocation, but not completely what I wnated

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in April 2010.

Really easy interview. Asked basic questions from the manager and came in for a tour and 1:1 interview. Standard interview questions (mostly about the resume). Nothing unordinary. Received a job offer over the phone within 2 hours.

none

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in May 2010.

long and tedious

Interview Questions
    • How would you stop an expensive project that you knew was wrong?   Answer Question