Georgia-Pacific Corporation
www.gp.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Georgia-Pacific Corporation Electrical Project Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Electrical Project Engineer Interview

Rincon, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed in January of 2012, interview went well and got a call from the corporate recruiter that I was going to get an offer. None received and they did not return my phone calls at all. At that point I figured my current salary was too high and they went with someone with less experience. 6 months later they called and invited me to dinner, to see if I was interested, which I was, aside from the unprofessional way they handled it 6 months earlier. Dinner was great again I liked everyone and I was looking forward to working there, then I received the offer. While I was excited, the offer was only a small increase from what my current salary and I had to make sure it made sense for my family, since the drive to and from work would be longer. It was not going to cover the extra gas, and I let them know that to see if that offer was firm and that they had the correct salary information. They did not, so I gave them my salary without the most recent raise. One week later the hiring manager called and said they had decided to put the position on hold. Right after that recruiters were calling me again about the position, so obviously they reposted it and are continuing to look. Really I feel that being jerked around like that while not devastating was not professional but I understand budgeting and the way they look at pay. This time it just didn't work out, so no ill will toward them, but this offer was not even a 4% increase and with them not having to relocate me I felt there was room for a signing bonus and or an 8% increase.

Interview Question – Big on knowing the Added value process they use in evaluating projects.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Their offer was less than what I currently make factoring in the extra gas for the extra 40 minutes a day driving.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Georgia-Pacific Corporation

Worked for Georgia-Pacific Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Georgia-Pacific Corporation Electrical Project Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Georgia-Pacific Corporation employees and interview candidates.