Georgia-Pacific Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Research Lead Interview

Operations Research Lead
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by an HR person for a quick 15 minutes phone interview. 1 week after the phone interview I was called for an on-site interview. During the on-site interview, I first had meetings with 4 directors/VPs, and had lunch with two other employees in the end.

The on-site interview process was mostly behavioral interview rather than technical. The only technical question was a modeling of an Inventory problem. All questions are generally like:
- What did you do in your last work, and what is the outcome in the end?
- Was there any moments that you disagree with your boss? How did you resolve it?
- How would you express your ideas to non-technical audience?
- What do you do to keep up with new technology?

Interview Question – Was there any moments that you disagree with your boss?   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Production Supervisor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Interview Details – Very Casual Interview process conducted by two separate interview teams. One team of interviewers from the level you are applying for and one from the higher management level.

Interview Question – Asked about things on last evaluation report that you wanted to improve on.   Answer Question

Safety, Health and Environmental Leader Interview

Safety, Health and Environmental Leader

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in April 2013.

Interview Details – Create profile at GP careers website. Apply for positions. Phone screen with HR. Phone Screen with Corporate Director. Phone Screen with Plant Directors. On-site interview with Plant managers, HR, and Operations managers. Did NOT get a plant tour as part of the interview process and the HR team were late coming into work so the interview started late I sat in the lobby for almost 30 minutes trying to contact the HR person leading the interview.

Interview Question – Basic Behavioral Interview Questions at the plant level. I am great at answering these so nothing really caught me off guard. Corporate HR and Functional area phone screens were asking about Knowledge & Skills in my field form a technical level.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it - this is our best and final offer

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in July 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty standard interview and hiring process, the corporate recruiters were really great! Local HR was not very good.
Just know how to answer the situational based interview questions. They are looking for what the situation was, the behavior you displayed and the outcome of the situation....SBO
Plant tour to start the interview was appropriate.

Interview Question – Not really difficult but I had to think about it.....Why do you want to move to Texas?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did use a job recruiter so it was pretty easy. My recruiter went to bat for me, and gave me advice.

GIS/Business Analyst Interview

GIS/Business Analyst
Crossett, AR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in May 2014.

Interview Details – Initial Phone Screening a few weeks after applying online. Very friendly and relax tone...standard behavioral questions. It took several weeks to hear back about my second interview with the hiring manager. I had pretty much written off the position and then out of the blue I received a call.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed....   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in August 2013.

Interview Details – Went to the career site and completed an application. After about 1 week I received an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. After speaking with the recruiter she said she would pass my resume and interview results over to the hiring manager. After about 3 weeks I received a call from an interview coordinator requesting that I give her a list of dates I would be available for 4hr interview with 4 different people.After that I got an email confirming that date and sent interview format and KOCH information. Dont bother reading the book, just knowing a few of the concepts will help. Each interviewer had a different objective judging you fit with the team, decision making, past job knowledge and personality. It was an exhausting interview and you must have PLENTY to talk about for 4 hrs. In the end, everyone was nice but very conservative which probably played a part in me not getting contacted. I followed up with the recruiter for a few weeks but after they reposted the position, I figured that ship had sailed.

Interview Question – What do you know about KOCH enterprises?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in March 2014.

Interview Details – An on campus interview resulting in a phone screen followed by an onsite interview process with the entire team. A very pleasant interview experience. The team was extremely professional and interview questions were focused on Market Based Management. Questions were very detail oriented from the resume and the team is thorough in their assessment.

Interview Question – Talk about an experience when disagreed with an immediate superior on an issue and how you handled it moving forward?   Answer Question

Category Manager Interview

Category Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Interview Details – Applied for the position through the GP website. Was offered a phone interview with HR.

Interview Question – Asking about vulnerability questions   Answer Question

Senior Buyer Interview

Senior Buyer

I applied online and interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Interview Details – Initial interview as a phone interview. This consisted of situational based questions, current salary inquiry, how much you expect to make, why do you want to leave your current job, when will you be available. It lasted about thirty minutes

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you did not achieve your goal and what you did about it.   View Answer

MBA Internship Interview

MBA Internship

Interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation

Interview Details – Post your resume online, then they start hiring for marketing internships in Feb/March. You will be contacted to do phone screenings (2 or 3) and then invited for an in person interview where you will speak to an entire team.

Interview Question – Behavioral Interview Questions. In my opinion, it was "If I called your employer, what would HE say was your biggest weakness"   Answer Question

Worked for Georgia-Pacific Corporation? Contribute to the Community!