Georgia-Pacific Corporation IT Co-op Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Got a mail from HR after 1 month of submission of my resume at a technology event. They didnt tell me whether I cracked phone intvw or not. After a few weeks, got 1 more mail asking if I am available for on-site intvw. Schedules on-site intvw after a week and 3 people took the intvw. First was technical (more related to the work I will be allocated to), 2nd person was cool n friendly (both tech n behavioral), 3rd person was even more cool (complete behavioral).

Interview Questions

• Questions about my skills listed in my resume and also about research related.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Georgia-Pacific Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The hiring process took about 2 weeks. I apply through my school's career website. I received an email a couple of days later asking me what the best time for me was to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, they schedule an on site interview for the following week. It was a panel interview with two people. The interviewers very extremely friendly and professional. The interview last for about an hour or so. Afterwards, they told me that they would continue interviewing several more candidates, and make a choice by the end of the week. I received a phone call on Friday notifying me that I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly behavioral questions, and based on your resume. I recommend the best way to prepare is to know your resume, and have several scenarios about your past work experience ready to discuss.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They said pay was non-negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in July 2011.

Interview

I applied through university job board and they called me in for an interview. The interview was not hard, they just asked basic team based questions. I related all my answers back to teamwork and experiences I had with groups in school. I interviewed with the manager and the Systems Analyst guy that I would eventually work under. The interview took about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when someone in your group/team was not performing up to standards. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in January 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of 3. They asked from a variety of questions, from my knowledge of accounting/auditing, IT, personality questions. It was just the recruiting interview and that panel of 3 interview. Got my offer a week later.

Negotiation

They offered, I asked if it was negotiable, they said no.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

Applied on GP website, and heard back from Encadria representative. Emailed back and forth and eventually set up an interview. On site behavioral interview. Wanted to see if a good fit according to MBM guiding principles. Nice and friendly interviewers. Did ask some technical questions about previous work experience. Had several people review resume.

IT Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Interview

Applied through campus career site. Received a phone interview with in-house recruiter. Landed a phone interview with direct supervisors next week. The very next day I was invited to go interview at the office with 3 managers. Interview was a bunch of behavioral questions and walking them through my resume, nothing too difficult.

Negotiation

In-house recruiter called with offer, I asked for something a little big higher with my experience and grades. Recruiter played phone tag and then offered me my desired rate. I could have negotiated for something higher in the hindsight.