Georgia-Pacific Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

3.1

IT Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Got a mail from HR after 1 month of submission of my resume at a technology event. They didnt tell me whether I cracked phone intvw or not. After a few weeks, got 1 more mail asking if I am available for on-site intvw. Schedules on-site intvw after a week and 3 people took the intvw. First was technical (more related to the work I will be allocated to), 2nd person was cool n friendly (both tech n behavioral), 3rd person was even more cool (complete behavioral).

Interview Questions

• Questions about my skills listed in my resume and also about research related.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in April 2015.

Interview

found this opening through college, applied on their website and got a phone from hr to schedule a 30 minutes phone interview; had the phone interview with hr and did not hear back from there after that

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Interview

I met a recruiter at the career fair and was asked for an onsite interview. Drove up the night before and had a tour of the plant and was interviewed by 3 different people, HR and two managers. Everyone was very enthusiastic about the company and easy to talk to. Definitely enjoyed my time there.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with a difficult group member and what did you do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Interview

I applied through campus and got the interview. The interview was 2 rounds for the first stage. Both took about 40 mins and included behavioral and several different cases. The cases were hard and different from those of consulting companies. The solution require the candidate to have very good financial and economic sense to get.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online on Koch website. Got an email from HR and arranged a phone interview. Mostly behavioral questions. Asked me about my study, related coursework, my current work and responsibilities, and web development related work done. There were lot of behavioral questions along with cross questioning. Make sure you are ready.

Application

Interview

Began with an on-campus interview at engineering career fair. I was then invited for an on-site interview after a phone screen with the plywood division head. Transportation and lodging paid for by the company and treated to lunch by the interviewers after the 3 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were asked to or were encouraged to make an ethical compromise. How did you respond?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Interview

Hour long interview. First, have you speak about yourself. Next, they jump into information regarding Georgia-Pacific and your expected role. Lastly, interview of all behavior questions with them of what happened and how did you deal with it.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were asked to volunteer and denied the volunteering opportunity. Explain why.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I was interviewed on campus after speaking with some GP representatives during a career fair. I was selected for the on-campus interview, in which they asked standard situational questions. After the on-campus interview if they were moving forward with you, they essentially sent the hiring managers across the country their notes and recommendation of you. From there the next step was an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you got bogged down on a project? What happened to stall the project? How did you react? How did the project end up?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Interview

I applied through my university's career service without doing networking with current employees. Then I got a phone screening consisting all behavior questions. The whole process was pleasant without much unexpected questions. Sample questions include connection between prior job experience and this internship, value created for prior company and why consider GP.

Plywood Utility Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Interview

It was 6 of us that met up to be interviewed. They were very nice and warm. We had a tour of the plant, then bought back to a room to wait to be individually interviewed. It took about 15 mins. They asked mainly about safety, and prior experiences.

Interview Questions

• When was there a time where you did something "cookie cutter"   Answer Question

Negotiation

this just happened today, and I should hear something by tomorrow or monday.