Georgia-Pacific Corporation

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

3.2

Maintenance Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in March 2014.

Went through a recruiter. Had initial interview with the HR manager. Received an invitation to the plant within a week with everything paid for. I spent 5 hours interviewing with all levels of management along with a tour of the plant. Everyone at the plant was very friendly. I think that GP would be an awesome place to work.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Lots of behavioral type of questions dealing with MBM and GP values.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. Received offer and accepted.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in March 2014.

An on campus interview resulting in a phone screen followed by an onsite interview process with the entire team. A very pleasant interview experience. The team was extremely professional and interview questions were focused on Market Based Management. Questions were very detail oriented from the resume and the team is thorough in their assessment.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about an experience when disagreed with an immediate superior on an issue and how you handled it moving forward?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Panel type interview and then one on one. Full day of interviewing. Phone interview will be disjointed, several folks on the line and they talk over each other, disorganized. If you can get past that, the inperson interview is quite similar.
    Be VERY prepared on what MBM is and how you plan on implementing it in your workday should you be hired. They talk about MBM all the time.

Interview Questions
    Too quick, they try to rush you through and try to hurry you into accepting it. Better get the money upfront, as raises are very rare.

General Helper/Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bay Springs, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bay Springs, MS

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in February 2014.

Interview took approximately 15 minutes one on one. The interview is very simple.

Interview Questions
    Full time eployee with pay rate of $11.39 as General Helper.

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in February 2014.

Recruited from a university career fair, interviewed later that day, got a call of a job offer a few hours later. Questions are behavioral based

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a diverse set of people   Answer Question
    They give you a location, but the location is extremely negotiable as they want to retain your talent. I don't think the salary for the program is negotiable though, but I did not ask because it is already pretty high

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in February 2014.

30 Minute Behavioral Interview. Interviewed by two people in office. Everyone was very pleasant and real. They asked basic behavioral interview questions based on their 10 guiding principles. Having situations prepared before hand is very helpful. They gave a change for the interviewee to ask questions. I would take them up on that. The MBM culture is more important to them than supply chain skills.

Didn't negotiate

Procurement Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in January 2014.

On campus interview, very laid back. Straight forward questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time a boss called you out for a mistake and how you handled it   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in January 2014.

Went through an agency, received a telephone interview with HR that lasted about twenty minutes. The first question was why you want to work for the company and the others were basically about how you would proceed in certain challenging situations.

Interview Questions
    • Creative way of solving a business problem?
      Describe a time when you were not recognized for an accomplishment?

Answer Question

Safety Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in January 2014.

Georgia Pacific conducted a college recruitment effort. You would attend a briefing one day and the next day attend a preliminary interview with resume in hand. The next phase included a telephone interview. If they are still interested in you, you are flown the Georgia for the final interview.

Packaging Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

I had a phone interview with HR first then proceeded with a trip to Atlanta for an all day interview with 5 people. Questions were behavioral. I was prepared for the questions as they gave me a heads up on the type of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions can be difficult, but if you google them, it's easy to prepare and not be caught off guard.   Answer Question