Georgia-Pacific Corporation

Very Difficult Interview

Safety Associate Interview

Safety Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in January 2014.

Interview Details – Georgia Pacific conducted a college recruitment effort. You would attend a briefing one day and the next day attend a preliminary interview with resume in hand. The next phase included a telephone interview. If they are still interested in you, you are flown the Georgia for the final interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about your self   View Answer

Internal Audit Interview

Internal Audit

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in January 2014.

Interview Details – Went through an agency, received a telephone interview with HR that lasted about twenty minutes. The first question was why you want to work for the company and the others were basically about how you would proceed in certain challenging situations.

Interview Question – Creative way of solving a business problem?
Describe a time when you were not recognized for an accomplishment?
  Answer Question

Packaging Engineer Interview

Packaging Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with HR first then proceeded with a trip to Atlanta for an all day interview with 5 people. Questions were behavioral. I was prepared for the questions as they gave me a heads up on the type of questions.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions can be difficult, but if you google them, it's easy to prepare and not be caught off guard.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in August 2009.

Interview Details – Telephone interview as well as face to face interview to meet hiring manager.

Interview Question – Are you firm on requested salary?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Buyer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in September 2013.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by the local mill's HR department asking to set up a phone interview. I then spoke to the Purchasing Manager and Recruiter over the phone. They asked the usual questions about my background and experience. I then went to an in-person interview that lasted about 7 hours. The interviewers were friendly. It was not at all intimidating.

Interview Question – I was asked what salary I was expecting during my first phone interview with them.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Corrigan, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Interview Details – Flew out to houston for the job interview and plant tour. interviewed with the plant manager and 3 engineers. The process took all day and the interview questions were all behavioral based. Each interview was 1 on 1.

Interview Question – Describe a time when your integrity was challenged.   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Entry Level Engineer
Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in August 2013.

Interview Details – Met at a college career fair, then was asked to be interviewed. Interview that week, and it only took about an hour. The interview was very relaxed with several questions aimed at personal experience and accomplishments as well as ability to work with a team. All in all it was a very well conducted interview.

Interview Question – When is a time that you have failed to meet a goal or deadline?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Other Job.

IT Co-Op Interview

IT Co-Op
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Interview Details – The hiring process took about 2 weeks. I apply through my school's career website. I received an email a couple of days later asking me what the best time for me was to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, they schedule an on site interview for the following week. It was a panel interview with two people. The interviewers very extremely friendly and professional. The interview last for about an hour or so. Afterwards, they told me that they would continue interviewing several more candidates, and make a choice by the end of the week. I received a phone call on Friday notifying me that I had gotten the job.

Interview Question – Questions were mostly behavioral questions, and based on your resume. I recommend the best way to prepare is to know your resume, and have several scenarios about your past work experience ready to discuss.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They said pay was non-negotiable.

Sourcing Manager Interview

Sourcing Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted 2 months later. I had 3 phone interviews and was scheduled for 6 interviews back to back for 6 hours, including during lunch.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

Accounting Intern
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in September 2013.

Interview Details – GP was at the LSU Career Expo, I was able to get an interview with them the following day after dropping my resume with them and applying online. The time slots were 45 minutes but my interview only lasted 15 minutes. Hoping that's not a sign. My interviewer was very friendly and nice. Haven't heard back yet, disregard the question if I got the offer.

Interview Question – A question asked was what was the most recent biggest obstacle you had to overcome?
What experience have you put a lot of effort into but didn't get properly recognized for?
  Answer Question