Georgia-Pacific Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

3.1

Entry Level Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Referred to GP's HR and then had a phone Interview with two electrical engineers for an entry level engineering rotational position; they took turns to ask behavioral questions. It took me about 45 mins to finish.

Interview Questions

• six behavioral questions, such as talking about a quick decision, creative solution, taking an initiative, etc. Questions related to my resume were asked after my answers to the behavioral questions   Answer Question

HRBP Interview

Interview

Easy process. I met with a panel of people. There were three 45-minute interviews so I was there for a few hours. The hiring manager and a person that I would work with were in attendance.

Corrugator Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Spartanburg, SC).

Interview

1. Apply online but best if you know someone working there already. 2. Atlanta Head-Quarters calls and ask you relatively standard questions (past experience, why you are a good fit, simple mathematical questions, and situational questions "what if") , 3. Send you paper work to fill out online via-email (prior work history, background check, and questionnaire) 4. Call you and set up time for in person interview, take 3 online test (safety, motor-skills, and application), meet plant manager for 20-30 minute interview, take drug test. 4. Wait for a call back for start date

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Interview

- Phone Interview
    - In-person with recruiter
    - A series of of 3-4 interviews, could be one or two interviewers per interview, for 1-2 hrs each; You will usually meet with the hiring manger and there report to. Individuals who have held your position before and people you would be working with.
    - Drug test (Office staff usually mouth swab) and background check (including prior employer verification)
    - Offer

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pennington, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Pennington, AL) in November 2014.

Interview

I was called up one night after applying online and asked if I was still interested. There was a very short phone screen and then about a week or so later got set up with the interview onsite. It was a really nice fully paid trip. Didn't get an offer but the experience was good.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in November 2014.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with a corporate recruiter. Then I had a phone interview with the corporate safety director. The phone interview was casual. He was on vacation and appeared to be distracted with his dog. He even let his dog out during the phone interview and it was barking.

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Interview

First a 45 min on campus interview following the career fair with two engineers. The next week I was contacted via phone and email regarding site visits. Site visits consisted of one on one interviews, 30 minutes each, 5 different people followed by lunch and a tour. All behavioral questions. It's not as intimidating as it sounds, each interviewer basically asks the same questions. I'm assuming this is to make sure your answers are consistent. Most questions are geared towards teamwork, completed projects, and going above and beyond. Give long detailed answers, they seemed to respond positively to that.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a real world problem that you solved outside of school using the technical knowledge you gained in school.   1 Answer

Procurement Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Interview

I applied through my university at a career fair and had the interview the next day with two very young Georgia Pacific employees. One was a recently hired college recruiter (less than 6 months), and the other, a supply chain employee. The interview wasn't bad at all but they asked a couple ridiculous questions, one of which I remember.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when something occurred in the global environment that affected a project you were working on, school or work experience.   Answer Question

Recycling Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Interview

Met recruiter at my college's career fair, signed up for an interview for the following day. There were two people interviewing me, both very nice. It was your typical behavioral based interview, lasted around 30 minutes. I was told I would hear back the following day, and never did. I recommend researching the company and base some questions off the research you did.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked hard at something and didn't receive the credit you think you deserved and how did it make you feel?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

talked to them at the Career fair. Interviewed the next day, pretty easy interview. 3 of them at one time. 30 mins. all behavioral questions. got an offer within 2 hours of interviewing. interviews were very friendly. really made me want to work for the company. process is really fast. too fast. i know its because it was for a 6-month co-op but they should recruit earlier so that people have time to rearrange their lives.

They only gave me a week and a half (originally only a week asked for an extension) to decide. Wasn't enough time to figure out a subleaser and adjust my academic plan so i could accept even though i really wanted to. great housing and relocation. Planning to apply for full-time