Georgia-Pacific Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

3.1

Recycling Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Interview

Met recruiter at my college's career fair, signed up for an interview for the following day. There were two people interviewing me, both very nice. It was your typical behavioral based interview, lasted around 30 minutes. I was told I would hear back the following day, and never did. I recommend researching the company and base some questions off the research you did.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked hard at something and didn't receive the credit you think you deserved and how did it make you feel?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

talked to them at the Career fair. Interviewed the next day, pretty easy interview. 3 of them at one time. 30 mins. all behavioral questions. got an offer within 2 hours of interviewing. interviews were very friendly. really made me want to work for the company. process is really fast. too fast. i know its because it was for a 6-month co-op but they should recruit earlier so that people have time to rearrange their lives.

They only gave me a week and a half (originally only a week asked for an extension) to decide. Wasn't enough time to figure out a subleaser and adjust my academic plan so i could accept even though i really wanted to. great housing and relocation. Planning to apply for full-time

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in October 2014.

Interview

I applied to a position online and was contacted by the HR manager for related positions since the one I applied to was filled. Since I am out of state, the HR manager then set up an initial phone screening with the hiring manager for this position for a discussion regarding my interest and experience as well as more details about the role. Following that call, I flew down to Atlanta about a week later and had three final interviews back to back. Following the interviews, I received an offer two days later. The total process took about two and a half weeks once the HR manager contacted me. From my initial online application, the total process took a couple of months.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult or unexpected. I just recommend preparing great scenarios that go with each of their guiding principles to help you prepare to showcase your character, skills, and experience.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

1. take business lunch with the interviewer; 2. one week later, got invited to the GP tower for an onsite back to back interview - talking with 4 people, 3.5hrs about behavior questions

Interview Questions

Interview

Interview began with the employers introducing themselves which led into a conversational interview. They did ask some questions, but not hard ones and not many. The entire interview consisted of 3 questions but all very relaxed. Employers would ask more questions regarding the situation and answer that I had given.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you worked for a team and a conflict arose, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

My skills and talents are better suited in a different position.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Interview

This interview was for the accounting, internal audit, tax, and treasury internship at Georgia Pacific. I interviewed at my university. The interviewing process took 60 minutes. I had to go to 3 different rooms (each had 2 interviewers) for 20 minutes each. Every room kept asking my geographical preferences when it came to working. If you're open to moving to a different state, you are more likely to get the job. Individually the questions were not too hard, but I was asked about 10 questions total which got kind of repetitive. room 1: When did you think outside the box and use an unconventional approach to solve a problem? What one accomplishment are you most proud of? When is a time you had to rely on someone else's knowledge to get though a task? Name a time when one of your work colleagues didn't pull their own weight and what did you do? What area in your life could you improve on the most? room 2: When did you have to critique someones work and how did you do it? Name something specific from your previous internship that had a direct correlation with your coursework. (They drilled me on my job duties for this previous internship) room 3: When did you step up and become a leader / take on responsibility when you weren't asked? Name a time when you didn't receive enough credit for your work and how did you handle it? -----I don't remember the last question exactly but it was something like this: When did you provide a new solution to an old problem OR When did you come up with a system that changed how things were done in the past? (Did the interview yesterday, so ignore whether or not I got an offer)

Interview Questions

• Most difficult was room 2. Wanted to know every detail of my prior internship, and how it would prepare me for GP.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Very simple process. A phone call from recruiter, a couple onsite interviews and a decision. The company is great moving through the interview process in a reasonable timeframe.

Full-time ME Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in September 2014.

Interview

Met them at the career fair. Great and nice people. Lucky to score an interview with them. The first interview for a college recruitment is on campus and it is a behavioral interview. They will ask you to tell about your past and in what situation you have demonstrate initiative, leadership and such. Not a hard interview they just wanted to get to know you and see if you could fit in their culture.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of HR questions based not engineering...so be on your toes and ready to answer them.   Answer Question

Electrician Class A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McCormick, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation (McCormick, SC) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a brief interview. They were desperate for an Electrician. They would have taken almost anybody as long as they met the bare minim they could get away with.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing you think you deserved credit for but did not.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Interview

Very Casual Interview process conducted by two separate interview teams. One team of interviewers from the level you are applying for and one from the higher management level.

Interview Questions

• Asked about things on last evaluation report that you wanted to improve on.   Answer Question