Georgia-Pacific Corporation

3.2

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corrigan, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Corrigan, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Flew out to houston for the job interview and plant tour. interviewed with the plant manager and 3 engineers. The process took all day and the interview questions were all behavioral based. Each interview was 1 on 1.

Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in October 2013.

Completed an online application; shortly afterward was contacted by HR for a brief phone interview. I was then contacted by the position's hiring manager to come to Atlanta for an in-person interview. My interview was on a Friday morning and started at about 9:00am. I spoke individually with each member of my prospective team members (five people total), and the interview was complete at about 2:00 pm.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us about a time you organized or led a project that failed."

"Tell us about a time that you were asked to perform or lead a task, and you challenged the traditional methodology."

Answer Question

IT Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

The hiring process took about 2 weeks. I apply through my school's career website. I received an email a couple of days later asking me what the best time for me was to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, they schedule an on site interview for the following week. It was a panel interview with two people. The interviewers very extremely friendly and professional. The interview last for about an hour or so. Afterwards, they told me that they would continue interviewing several more candidates, and make a choice by the end of the week. I received a phone call on Friday notifying me that I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mostly behavioral questions, and based on your resume. I recommend the best way to prepare is to know your resume, and have several scenarios about your past work experience ready to discuss.   Answer Question
    They said pay was non-negotiable.

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in September 2013.

GP was at the LSU Career Expo, I was able to get an interview with them the following day after dropping my resume with them and applying online. The time slots were 45 minutes but my interview only lasted 15 minutes. Hoping that's not a sign. My interviewer was very friendly and nice. Haven't heard back yet, disregard the question if I got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • A question asked was what was the most recent biggest obstacle you had to overcome?
      What experience have you put a lot of effort into but didn't get properly recognized for?

Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in September 2013.

Pretty basic interview questions, strengths/weakness, and behavior questions

Buyer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in September 2013.

Initially contacted by the local mill's HR department asking to set up a phone interview. I then spoke to the Purchasing Manager and Recruiter over the phone. They asked the usual questions about my background and experience. I then went to an in-person interview that lasted about 7 hours. The interviewers were friendly. It was not at all intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what salary I was expecting during my first phone interview with them.   Answer Question

Reliability Leader Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Initial phone interview with Corporate Recruiter. Follow on phone interview with Corporate representative in department for which candidate is applying. Site interview with two to four interviews using behavior based interview techniques

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest failure or unexpected outcome from a decision or action you were responsible for. How did you overcome the failure.   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in August 2013.

Met at a college career fair, then was asked to be interviewed. Interview that week, and it only took about an hour. The interview was very relaxed with several questions aimed at personal experience and accomplishments as well as ability to work with a team. All in all it was a very well conducted interview.

Interview Questions
    • When is a time that you have failed to meet a goal or deadline?   View Answer

Other Job.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in August 2013.

Went to the career site and completed an application. After about 1 week I received an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. After speaking with the recruiter she said she would pass my resume and interview results over to the hiring manager. After about 3 weeks I received a call from an interview coordinator requesting that I give her a list of dates I would be available for 4hr interview with 4 different people.After that I got an email confirming that date and sent interview format and KOCH information. Dont bother reading the book, just knowing a few of the concepts will help. Each interviewer had a different objective judging you fit with the team, decision making, past job knowledge and personality. It was an exhausting interview and you must have PLENTY to talk about for 4 hrs. In the end, everyone was nice but very conservative which probably played a part in me not getting contacted. I followed up with the recruiter for a few weeks but after they reposted the position, I figured that ship had sailed.

Optimizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monticello, MS
    Anonymous Employee in Monticello, MS

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in August 2013.

Applied for the job Feb, 2013. Had phone interview June 2. On site interview was Aug 26.
    They use behavioral interview questions. Teams of two,45 mins with each team, there were 4 teams. They send you a link to a site that gives you the questions. Be prepared. Give the situation, your actions and the outcome. All teams were white males with 10 to 37 years at this mill location.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected situation in that everyone I met was a white male with long years experience at this location. ( I am a female engineer with 20 years chemical industry exp). Was scheduled to have two hour lunch with Production Manager, but it was cut short due to conference call. He said to me at lunch," I'm not sure how you will be notified if you don't get the job."Claimed that there would be a meeting of the teams after the interview to decide whether or not to make me an offer, but his actions told me I was wasting my time.   View Answer