Georgia-Pacific Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Interview Details – Applied for job online, received a call from the corporate recruiter in Atlanta, had a phone interview with recruiter in Atlanta, had phone interview with regional manager, had group interview at regional office, received call maybe 5 days later

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Utility Relief Interview

Utility Relief
Port Hudson, LA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in March 2013.

Interview Details – Process took about 2 months, I was actually waiting on this position for over 6 months, calling asking current employees and checking the website.
Applied and got a call to take the online test which was a piece of cake. After that i got and email to take the mechanical and math test, took the test passed all parts. HR lady said it would take another 2 weeks to get a interview. Went to the interview it was 3 other canidates. They where hiring 8 people for utility relief. Got interviewed by 3 different plant workers. Interviews went great i was complimented on my interviews, after the interviews they said they were gonna give me a call. 1 week passes and i get a Dum email saying, Sorry we have decided to seek other canidates. The same email all companies send. I think it was a racial thing because I was a Black Male. Georgia Pacific needs to fix there hiring process, i was over qualified for that position.

Machine Operator Interview

Machine Operator

Interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation

Interview Details – i was refered by the unemployment security commission. Went down for the interview real basic questions and tole me to report to work in 2 days.

Interview Question – none really like i said real basic questions at the time   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Export Documentation Associate/GP Harmon Recycling Interview

Export Documentation Associate/GP Harmon Recycling
Jericho, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in March 2013.

Interview Details – Got a phone interview asking about resume and experience, was asked mild behavioral questions. Was told a call back to be expected in a week. I did and set up a 1 on 1 interview, a week and a half later. I was not told how many people I would meet with, nor was it sent to me who I would meet. Told me to bone up on the behavioral questions and set aside a good 4-5 hrs. I literally studied every question they could throw at me and the history of the company and the things they do. I met with the direct manager, HR rep, Asst Director and Director. Interview started 40 mins late , but each interview was about 30 mins long. They write down your answers, and read the questions from a sheet, where it looks like they pick which questions they want to ask out of the group. Know the MBM principles, and try to point out the MANY things the company is involved in, into maybe about 5 words. No sense in reading the owner's book he wrote, never got to use that in the interview.. No where in the interview did I get to discuss my attributes that I can bring to the job, nor even show any of those attributes in the questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to give bad news in your professional life.   Answer Question
  • Have you ever disagreed with a company policy and how did you work around that.   Answer Question
  • Have you ever not felt recognized for your work and how did you handle that.   Answer Question
  • Have you ever worked in a group and felt you were not giving your all and why.   Answer Question

Engineer Intern Interview

Engineer Intern

Interview Details – All behavioral based questions -- they actually send a list of possible questions beforehand via email. Interview was three rounds -- one with the plant manager, one with the service manager, and one with the VP of the region.

Everything seemed like it went perfect, I felt very good about the job. However, after waiting and following up, no offer was received. Someone of lesser skill than I received internship, could possibly be because of diversity issues?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were leading a team of 5-10 people and there was a communications breakdown and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Training Manager Interview

Training Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in January 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with regional training supervisor, face to face interview

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Brunswick, GA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in February 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with about 8 different people one by one they all followed GP culture of MBM behavioral based questions although I agree behavioral based question do give you hands on insight of a potential employee. I feel the questions are a bit unnecessary b/c we all have not experienced the same

Interview Questions

• What types of things have you done that illustrate your ability to apply the technical information and concepts you have learned to "real world" issues or problems? What was the problem or issue you faced? What technical information or concepts were necessary? In what way did you apply them to the problem? What additional knowledge would have been helpful to have? What feedback did you receive about how you handled the problem or issue?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a specific compliance issue/event that you were involved in. What was your role/involvement? How did you handle it? How did it turn out?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Interview Details – I found out about the position at my school career fair. I was looking for a full time job, but they were recruiting for a summer intern and encouraged me to apply. I was selected for an interview on campus. It was two thirty minute interviews back to back. The first was with local employees and we mostly discussed my résumé. The next was with the HR rep from corporate and another employee. In this one they asked situational based questions. Do your research on market based management to see if you're a fit, all of the questions are based on it.

Interview Question – The most difficult part was answering questions based on an experience. I don't have much job experience so it was hard to come up with a specific situation.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Toledo, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in February 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted 1 week after submitting application online. After initial phone [panel] interview, I was asked to come to the site for follow on interviews. Interviewed with multiple persons in the organization and a panel interview during lunch.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you failed to meet a deadline or requirement.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in March 2012.

Interview Details – The phone interview began with the interviewer asking technical background information, then behavioral questions. The technical questions focused on years of experience with SharePoint and SQL. Overall, the interview questions were pretty standard and communicated clearly.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed in a project.   Answer Question