Georgia-Pacific Corporation

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in May 2012.

Interview Details – Did short phone screen with HR. Then called back to schedule an in-person interview Went into interview had five separate one on one interviews. Very nice people. Got a call about 2 weeks later stating they selected another candidate. They do situation based interviews. I was prepared and overall a very positive experience.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you helped in another area of the organization.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in May 2008.

Interview Details – Began with interviews at the college I attended.

Negotiation Details – It consisted of three weeks concerning vacation.

Los Angeles, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in May 2011.

Interview Details – Typical of larger companies, this was a multi part interview process beginning with phone contact by an HR person regarding basic HR type questions. This went on to a phone interview with a sales manager and then an in-person, several hour panel interview.

Interview Question – What challenges do you expect in this position?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in January 2008.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone interview with Talent Acquisition Specialist followed by a 1 hour phone interview with Hiring Manager. This was followed by a face to face interview with Hiring Manager and a Sr level person. I had a 2nd face to face interview with a group that I would b e supporting. This was followed by an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your supervisor and how did you deal with this?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would ensure that everything that is negotiated is in writing in the job offer. If they offer some bonus plan ensure it is documented in the offer.

Sales

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in January 2010.

Interview Details – It was very quick. I recieved a phone call from an internal recruiter who passed along my resume to a hireing manager, who in turn called me to set up an face to face interview. Once this inteview was conducted, I was again contacted by the HR at GP to set up a second panel interview with some of the upper management. once this took place i was called by said hireing manager and extended an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. GP will offer you a salary. Either you take it or dont, if not, they will move on to the next candidate.

Sales

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Georgia-Pacific Corporation in July 2009.

Interview Details – Had initial phone screening interview with corporate recruiter consisting of behavioral questions. Recruiter provided information on how to prepare for their type of interview questions which was helpful. Next were three group interviews at a regional office that lasted one hour each. Questions asked related to experience and behavioral questions. Interesting that MBM was not mentioned one time in any interviews since GP is so high on it.

Interview Question – At your last job, what did you do when you saw something unethical going on?   Answer Question

Worked for Georgia-Pacific Corporation? Contribute to the Community!