Georgia Pacific Gypsum

2.9

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Georgia Pacific Gypsum in June 2014.

Received a call from Human Resources with basic questions as part of a screening process. She scheduled me for a same day interview with the hiring manager. He asked basic questions about my current position and behavior based questions, the interview was about half an hour long. Two days later I received a call from HR again asking if I'd like to schedule an interview with the plant manager, which occurred two days after that. This interview was similar to the first, easy questions about my interests and resume and basic behavior based questions. The interview was, again, about a half an hour long. After another two days I got a call from HR asking to fly me out to the site (in California) to interview with the whole team. It was about four hours of interviews, with 5 people. The interviews were broken into categories like "adaptability" or "knowledge" with behavior based questions tied to these topics. After the interviews, they gave me a plant tour and then took me to lunch. I got a call from HR the same day offering me the position. A great interview experience

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you challenged a decision made by your manager or higher-up   Answer Question
    No negotiation necessary, the offer was much more than expected. They added a signing bonus and will pay for my whole move to California.

Accounting Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Georgia Pacific Gypsum.

I initiated contact with Georgia Pacific at my University's career fair in October. They gave me an interview the next day after a short discussion and review of my resume. I was offered the internship a week later and had my summer job secured by early November.

The interview was behavioral only. Questions were about me, why I wanted to pursue accounting, where I wanted to work, etc. One of the keys to interview success with companies like Georgia Pacific, in my opinion, is to say that you want a connection to a real product that improves people's lives. That is what the business is all about and the accounting and finance employees are there in a support role.

Only the on-campus interview. No visit to the headquarters in Atlanta or any second round interviews. Had to wait a long time to be assigned my summer location and housing arrangements, but that all came through as promised in the spring.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected or difficult questions. Standard behavioral interview.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. Landed the internship as a sophomore and the pay was much higher than I had expected. I doubt that there is much negotiation for this internship as the wage is competitive and housing is completely paid for.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lovell, WY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lovell, WY

Was straight forward and painless. I don't really remember it that well since it was over 8 years ago. The current manager isn't the one I hired on with.

there was none

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheatfield, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheatfield, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Georgia Pacific Gypsum in August 2012.

Applied for position online, then received a call a couple days later asking initial questions. The questions were primarily about interest in the position and willingness to relocate (the location was included in the job description). After the initial phone call, a fly out interview was scheduled. Once that was completed, a final phone interview with the corporate branch was conducted.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions regarding past experiences and how they can be applied to the position.   Answer Question

Sales Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Georgia Pacific Gypsum in June 2012.

Initial communication was similar to other companies. Interview process did not match the offer or the job. I didn't interview with many people in the department I was interviewing for and got the perception it was a highly canned interview. Work culture and people seemed robotic and stiff.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe my last major purchase and walk through my thought process.   Answer Question

I declined because I did not see myself fitting in and succeeding in this organization. My perception of the people and the work environment was one of bureaucracy and slow moving.

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Georgia Pacific Gypsum in September 2011.

interview was in Jersey city. she told me she was a fast interviewer and was done in 10 minutes .

Environmental Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Georgia Pacific Gypsum in February 2012.

The interview started off with a 3 person panel, that consisted of the plant manager,facility hr representative, and the environmental/operations manager. That interview session lasted about 45 minutes. It was a behavioral based interview. Following that I interviewed with another panel that questioned me on my knowledge related to the job duties. That interview lasted another 45 minutes. Then I was given a facility tour and was described the facility's process. The tour lasted about 10 to 15 minutes. Following the tour I figured I would be given another chance to ask questions, instead I was told that they would contact me later if any more questions arise. Approximately 2.5 weeks after the interview I was notified by the corporate hr representative that the facility was going to continue looking at other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time that you did not get along with a co-worker and how did you handle that situation   Answer Question