Georgia Power

Updated Jan 8, 2015
Updated Jan 8, 2015

3.3

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Georgia Power.

takes a long time to get an interview, then a long time until you hear a result. You apply for all jobs online. Then a phone interview. Then schedule for a test that looks for you to pay attention and type well and listen even better. Then you wait. Then you may get an interview. Then you wait. Then you may get called. If selected, drug testing..includes tobacco now, NO TOBACCO is allowed with new hires, at least 6 months with no form of tobacco or e-cig chemicals, the patch, dip, nico gum..NOTHING. hen you have to go to a class for anywhere from 3-6 weeks...its always changing. Any interal interviews for a job change, is worse. You wait for a job to post, apply and answer a questionnaire. It is hard. If you are selected for an interview, you interview in front of a panel. Reminds me of the parole hearings you see on TV. The questions are hard. Then it may be weeks before you hear anything. Just because you are a top performer, and excellent employee does not mean you even get an interview, much less the job change. If you do happen to win the lottery, and get the job change, even if it is a lateral move, you will get a small % increase in pay.

Interview Questions
    • They are ALL difficult!   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase. You take what they offer, or you leave it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

There was a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes, and then there was an in person interview with a panel of about 6 people. We all sat in a board room at one large table. I was given a sheet of paper with about 10 interview questions on them. They went around the room and each person on the panel asked me a question. The first question was tell me about yourself and then there were lots of situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you had to solve a problem at work, how did you solve the problem/what was the solution and how would you handle similar situation in this role?   Answer Question

Simulator/Modeling Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Georgia Power in September 2014.

Applied online and emailed the recruiter which I had met at College career fair. The recruiter helped to "moved up" my resume. About 2 weeks later, I got a phone call with HR asking basic behavioral questions. At the end of about 15 minute call, I was asked when was convenient for a face to face interview at the Plant site.

Interview Questions
    • Give an examples of when you worked on a project in a group. What role did you play in the group?
      What you would have done differently next time?

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Georgia Power.

Panel interview with 5 members

Interview Questions
    • None of the questiosn are difficult, but the company is big on safety. Be able to answer how you would take the initiative to help to provide a safe work environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McDonough, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McDonough, GA

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at Georgia Power in October 2013.

I applied November 2012 and they contacted me via email August 2013. I was invited to test for the position at the office downtown Atlanta. The test was 3 hrs long. Some sections were hard. I didn't think I would pass but I did. After that, they emailed another test to take from home. I passed that test and was then scheduled an over the phone interview. 2 weeks later I was called to do a panel review with the company. It was pretty intimidating being judge by so many ppl at one time, but I think it went well. It was very professional and I was told someone from corporate office would be notifying me within 3-5 days to let me know if I got the job. It's been 1 day so far. Wish me luck!!

Interview Questions
    • What makes you the best candidate for this job? What makes you better than the other candidates?   Answer Question

Video Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Georgia Power in August 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiting company who interviewed me by phone. Then I got the interview with Georgia Power. The interview was more of a discussion then a regular interview. They told my recruiter they liked me, but never replied to them or me about whether I got the job.

Electrician Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Georgia Power in January 2007.

It took three years form the date I officially presented my resume to get an actual test, interview, and then a job in operations. My advice for individuals who are wanting to work for the company is to get your application and resume in as soon as possible and take all tests that are available to you at the time. Also, I advise you to try to move up in the company as soon as possible too. As soon as there is an opening, bid on the job anyway even if you do not think you will get it. You never know! Also, remember that the company doen't hire off the street that often because there is a low trunover rate because of pleased and satisfied employees.

Lab Technician (Plant Bowen) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Georgia Power.

I applied online through the Southern Company careers website, and about a month later I was contacted by a form email to come and take a pre-qualification test. I made the drive to Rockmart, GA to take the test (about a 3-4 hour drive for me), which I found exceedingly easy--if you take the practice test online and have a little bit of common sense about pacing, it shouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately, I wasn't made aware that I had the option of taking the test at a location closer to where I live, which would have saved me a lot of time and money. Don't be afraid to email and ask if that's possible! They should accommodate it with no problem.

I was contacted a few weeks later for an in-person interview at the plant. I made the drive, arrived early, and ended up waiting over an hour past my appointed interview time. In the meantime, I was waiting in a staff break room with other interviewees, which I felt was very unprofessional on Georgia Power's part.

The interview itself was a panel interview with 4 people, 3 from the actual lab department and the HR person I had been contacted by to set up the interview. While the HR worker was pretty nice, the others were fairly stiff and formal. They asked about 7 or 8 questions, let me ask some in return, and rushed me out the door with very little formality for the next interviewer to get in.

The questions themselves were fairly straightforward. Their main focus seemed to be safety, as a couple of the questions were about how to maintain safety in the work environment.

About a month later, I was emailed by a form email telling me that I was not selected for the position. From speaking with the other candidates in the waiting room, it seems like they have a preference for those with primarily chemistry backgrounds (mine is biology), so this wasn't surprising.

Interview Questions
    • What does integrity in the workplace mean to you?   Answer Question
    • How would you maintain safety in the lab environment? What methods would you use to prevent accidents on-site?   Answer Question