Georgia Southern University

Updated May 14, 2014
Updated May 14, 2014

2.4

Concessions Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia Southern University.

After applying online, I was contacted by phone to do an interview. I came in and interviewed with one of the managers who was really sweet and pleasant. After interviewing, I got a phone call saying I got the job and telling me when to come in for orientation and training.

N/A

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia Southern University in September 2012.

No interviews, online application only, position was offered as part of a graduate degree program. TA positions are typically offered to most incoming graduate students with ample teaching or research experience. Some internal research positions require interviews, however your typical research assistanceship is only offered to graduate students. Similar situation for gradute assistantships.

No negotiation

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Statesboro, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Statesboro, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Georgia Southern University in August 2010.

Get picked up at the airport, driven around town, pay for your own meals (reimbursement possible). Faculty get interviewed by the chair, the dean, and a committee, as well as whatever group of people assemble at lunch and dinner. Interviews are typically a grueling two day affair for new faculty.

Interview Questions
    • Who are the rhetorical theorists you most admire and have based your work on?   View Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Georgia Southern University in May 2010.

Interview process is very slow.

Interview Questions

Salaries are VERY low at GSU. Very low!! Seems like a great place to work, but the salaries are half that of other research schools.

SharePoint Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Georgia Southern University in January 2010.

Applied for the position online at Eagle Career website. Then went in to interview and the next week was offered the position.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Statesboro, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Statesboro, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Georgia Southern University in August 2008.

Applied online for the position. I was called approximately 2 weeks after the posted closing date to set up a phone interview to occur in 1 week. The phone interview consisted of several technically specific questions about the field. Approximately 1 week later I was called to set up an in-person interview with 3 people. Both of the people asked me about 5 technically specific questions each along with some background information questions. After the in-person interview, I was contacted 1 week later with a job offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a typical day for the job you are applying for.   View Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Georgia Southern University in June 2011.

First day met with a group of professors, and then have dinner with one professor. Second day did a research presentation and teaching sample talk.

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Georgia Southern University in March 2011.

The process is very slow, took more than 4 months from the date of application.

Not much scope.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Georgia Southern University in May 2010.

3 interview process. First interview with a recruiter. Second is with branch and area manager. Third is with another branch manager.

Interview Questions

Worked for Georgia Southern University? Contribute to the Community!