Georgia State University

2.1

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Georgia State University in June 2014.

It is not stressful. The only problem is the waiting period to get cleared after background check. If you are hardworking and interested in working in the service industry, this is the place to be. It a very friendly environment to be in. You will enjoy it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Georgia State University.

Once you are selected, the interview is very minimal. Their concern is your qualifications and skills.

No negotiations.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Georgia State University.

I had a personal referral and I applied online through their portal. Two weeks later I had a face-to-face interview. I heard back a week later. I had a panel interview and the panel never really asked me about my previous experience and how that would fit into the role I was interviewing for--which threw me off. They talked a lot about what they wanted in the role and their expectations and I never really got to fully "sell myself" as a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • I received a question regarding the software that is used and how I would do a very specific task in the software.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Georgia State University.

1. Phone/Skype
    2. on-campus
    3. hiring

i did not know I can, but I learned now

Associate Director of Sponsored Programs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

interviewed at Georgia State University in March 2014.

None. The recruiting specialist "connected" with me on Linkedin, then nothing.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Georgia State University in March 2013.

Emailed all the contacts from each department in Robinson. Got a email back from a professor. Got the position without an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Georgia State University.

Involved apprenticing for a semester and a demo teaching class to get the job.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Georgia State University in December 2012.

Send resume to the professor then get an interview. Asked about the Excel skills.

Interview Questions
    • Sometimes it needs to be done within a really short period of time!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Georgia State University in December 2012.

Good TOEFL score plus good undergrad academic performance may get you this job

Applications Developer Intermediate Applications Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Georgia State University in October 2012.

Phone interview then an in person interview. Met with manager and two leads. Then met with director. The process was quick. They seemed desperate which can be good or bad. I received an offer but it was low and almost disrespectful for the skill needed for this position. I declined the offer.

Interview Questions
    • General pl/sql and unix questions. What is a procedure, describe some unix commands, what is a trigger.   Answer Question

Interviewed for this position and there is already a review on this site which is rare.I wish I would of saw it first. It was on point. I asked questions regarding current staffing, project management methodologies, and most telling I asked what most they liked about working at GSU. They stumbled and said things like job stability...!?!?! So they don't see it as challenging, fun, or even fulfilling LOL. I found most interesting was that in the job description is a bait and switch. There where job duties discussed not posted in the description. Finally, the initial salary offer was 55k. LOL seriously!?!? You want someone with Java, pl/sql, web, oracle skills all for 55k in Atlanta. Keep moving folks don't waist your time. I wouldn't even take this job if I was desperate.