Georgia State University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor

Interviewed at Georgia State University

Interview Details – In my memory, this university did not follow a normal standard to interview people. They just interviewed a 6-10 people, and wait for their reply. Many people would decline GSU's offer. For most of the cases, people ranked low would accept the offer.

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Georgia State University in June 2014.

Interview Details – It is not stressful. The only problem is the waiting period to get cleared after background check. If you are hardworking and interested in working in the service industry, this is the place to be. It a very friendly environment to be in. You will enjoy it.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Georgia State University in January 2010.

Interview Details – The professor will contact you directly and ask you something about your research ability , your research field and your future goal,etc. You have to make sure you are really interested in it. In fact this is a very good university, the interviewer are very nice and try to help you as much as possible.

Interview Question – Your research ability.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – research field

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Georgia State University.

Interview Details – Once you are selected, the interview is very minimal. Their concern is your qualifications and skills.

Interview Question – The questions asked are the expected ones.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Associate Director of Sponsored Programs Interview

Associate Director of Sponsored Programs
Atlanta, GA

I interviewed at Georgia State University in March 2014.

Interview Details – None. The recruiting specialist "connected" with me on Linkedin, then nothing.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Georgia State University in December 2012.

Interview Details – Good TOEFL score plus good undergrad academic performance may get you this job

Professor Interview

Professor
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Georgia State University in February 2010.

Interview Details – very easy take your sat and subimite it to the deparment easy take your sat and subimite it to the deparment easy take your sat and subimite it to the deparment easy take your sat and subimite it to the deparment

Interview Question – nothing special. what my sat score is   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Georgia State University.

Interview Details – I had a personal referral and I applied online through their portal. Two weeks later I had a face-to-face interview. I heard back a week later. I had a panel interview and the panel never really asked me about my previous experience and how that would fit into the role I was interviewing for--which threw me off. They talked a lot about what they wanted in the role and their expectations and I never really got to fully "sell myself" as a candidate.

Interview Question – I received a question regarding the software that is used and how I would do a very specific task in the software.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Georgia State University in December 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for the position by filling out a questionnaire online along with attaching a resume. Got an e-mail asking for a skype interview (I was studying abroad at the time). Skype interview was with another candidate (that office always does group interviews with student assistants), video did not work, but interview went well. Less than a week later was told I got the job and would start when I returned home.

Interview Question – Give me a 30 second pitch you'd give to someone in the courtyard if you were trying to convince them to study abroad.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Standard student assistant salary of minimum wage, but received a raise as soon as I was allowed.

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Georgia State University.

Interview Details – 1. Phone/Skype
2. on-campus
3. hiring

Negotiation Details – i did not know I can, but I learned now

Worked for Georgia State University? Contribute to the Community!