Georgia State University Student Assistant Interview Questions & Reviews

6 interviews

2.0

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Georgia State University in June 2014.

It is not stressful. The only problem is the waiting period to get cleared after background check. If you are hardworking and interested in working in the service industry, this is the place to be. It a very friendly environment to be in. You will enjoy it.

Other Interview Reviews for Georgia State University

Student Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Georgia State University in December 2010.

Applied for the position by filling out a questionnaire online along with attaching a resume. Got an e-mail asking for a skype interview (I was studying abroad at the time). Skype interview was with another candidate (that office always does group interviews with student assistants), video did not work, but interview went well. Less than a week later was told I got the job and would start when I returned home.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a 30 second pitch you'd give to someone in the courtyard if you were trying to convince them to study abroad.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Standard student assistant salary of minimum wage, but received a raise as soon as I was allowed.

Student Assistant Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Georgia State University in April 2013.

Applied in person at the Interlibrary Loan Unit office. Filled out the application on spot and turned it in. They called me a few days later to schedule an interview.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. Just basic "why do you want to work with the interlibrary loan unit?" and "will you be able to lift 5-10 pounds?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Georgia State University in March 2012.

Applied online, the sheduled an interview that would a week later. I dressed professionally n went in to the interview. It was a situational based interview consisting of 4 situational questions, such as "describe a time you provided good customer service". Afterward I had an opportunity to ask question and I did. The interviewer said the decisions will be emailed in two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you resolved a conflict with a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Georgia State University in September 2010.

Simple... quatesion about your past exp...if you can hanlde the job...and question for them....aslo situational quetsion like what would you do..or how would you handle a situation

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a problem or situation that you handled...and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    no, negotiation...minium wagefor all student

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Georgia State University in October 2009.

I was referred to the job by a friend who also worked at the University, but in another department. The supervisor that worked in the department in which I was seeking a position in knew my friend personally, and agreed to bring me in for an interview. Initially, he gave me her telephone number and I contacted her. She prompted me to come meet her as soon as possible, which I did, resume in hand. Upon my arrival, she informally asked me about myself, my credentials, and the hours I was available to work. At the end, she informed me that she would speak with the business manager and go from there. The next day, she called me and told me to contact the business manager to meet with her. Upon contact, I made an appointment with the business manager and we met. She was very intimidating, but kind at the same time. She asked similar questions to the supervisor. At the end of the interview, she hired me for the job. My perception was that they were looking to fill in the position immediately. The person who was there at the time proved very unreliable and they were done with her, so I believe that's what made my hiring process go so quickly.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real difficult questions.   View Answer
    There were no negotions. The business manager told me what the starting rate was, and after nearly a year of unemployment and desperation, I was in no position to ask for more. It was satisfactory. Since then, I have received a n adequate raise.

Worked for Georgia State University? Contribute to the Community!