Georgia Tech Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

2.4

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Georgia Tech in July 2014.

I was brought in on 3 different occasions. The first interview was a one on one with the hiring manager. The second interview was a panel interview with 4 people. The third interview was with the hiring manager, the Assistant VP and the VP.

I felt very confident in my ability to do the job, however the process was a little strange. I believe there may have been an internal candidate for this role. It seemed each time I was interviewed the questions were very basic interview questions. The third interview was interesting. It felt as if there was no interest and some of the managers did not seem be prepared to speak with me. I felt as if there was some dissension among the ranks as to what the role should be and as the day progressed I received two job descriptions.

After making it through to the third round, I received a blanket three line email that I was not hired.

Interview Questions
    • One manager brought up a concern they had with my answer to the question, "What challenges do you face in your current role?"   View Answer

Financial Administrator III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Georgia Tech.

I applied online in January 2014 and the process took 6 weeks. I had an initial interview in January with the hiring manager. I was called back in February for a 2nd interview with the hiring manager, her boss and the dean. At the end of the interview, I asked when a hiring decision would be made. All of the managers responded that the position was on hold due to funding. I was upset since they knew this prior to bringing me in for a 2nd interview that lasted an hour. It was a big waste of my time!

Interview Questions
    • I was given a scenario that required me to calculate the number of full time students a professor could request for assistant positions that were based on certain budget constraints.   Answer Question

GRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

interviewed at Georgia Tech in January 2014.

I send my resume and CV to a professor. Then I made an appointment with him. In about 30 minutes, I answered several questions. 1. Courses I took in my undergraduate school. 2. Strength in my research and research experience. 3. My professor described his project. 4. We discussed tasks I will take.

Interview Questions
    • link my current knowledge to needs that my adviser may have   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Georgia Tech in November 2013.

The interview process was lengthy and the follow-up from the hiring manager was not great. After a couple of initial phone conversations, I was invited to the center for a panel interview, followed by a 1:1 interview that same day. After this panel interview, about 2-3 weeks later, I was invited to another panel interview, with 6 entirely different members from the first panel. There was a brief 1:1 recap after this 2nd panel interview. After each phase of the interview process, I would go into a black hole with regards to not hearing from the hiring manager, who each of the 1:1 and phone interviews were with. Although I sent a thank you note after each phase, and to each of the employees represented during the panels, I rarely heard back from anyone. I even had to email and place several phone calls to the hiring manager, as I was considering other job opportunities in the marketing field, to see if the position was still going to be filled. I was finally told that it was between myself and one additional candidate, and that another round with the hiring managers boss would be needed. After waiting several more weeks, I called the hiring manager, only to find out that the position was being altered and the hiring process would need to start over again, including submitting a resume and starting over from the beginning. How can you go from being one of the top two candidates, to now having to being again? What a waste of time and poor communication throughout. Fortunately I found a Marketing Coordinator position with a great company and I am completely happy. I have been employed here since January, 2014, and I've never looked back.

Research Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Georgia Tech in July 2013.

Be prepared with what you want to work on. What is your plan? What have you worked on in the past? What do you want to continue to work on? What interests do you have? Why do you like research?

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate. I hate negotiating

Team Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Georgia Tech in April 2013.

The hiring process is very diligent. It takes a lot of going back and forth in order to get the job. You have to stay on top of your game in order to keep moving through the processes.

Interview Questions
    • What salary do you think you should be paid.   View Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Georgia Tech.

This was just a part time job in the library and they really just wanted to make sure I was available at the times they needed me. They needed me to work on the weekends and about one day during the week. They preferred that you were familiar with the library software but this was not a requirement.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I had experience with their book classification system (Library of Congress Classification).   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

interviewed at Georgia Tech in February 2013.

Had a talk with a professor about my background and how I might be useful to the lab.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. Just a straightforward "Why are you interested in this lab?"   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Georgia Tech in November 2012.

I was first interviewed by several senior graduate students of the lab over a conference call. Questions involved were primarily very general in nature, like describe your PhD work, why did you choose this lab, what was your most significant contribution, etc. Once that round was done, I was invited onsite for a face to face interview. This involved a presentation, a detailed question answer session (technical and HR type), a lab tour, and concluding session. Overall, very satisfied with the interview process. Was offered the position after 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Our job involves very applied research with strict deadlines and project deliverables. Have you ever been in such a situation, where you have had to manage a team, collect results, and present it to a sponsor?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Offer was generous.

Alumni Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Georgia Tech in September 2012.

I submitted my resume and cover letter online. I heard back about the position via e-mail two days later to schedule and interview for the following week. The Director of Administrative Services went over the position and benefits with me, and was then interviewed by both them and the VP of Alumni Outreach. I was told I would hear back about the position within a week or two and if I hadn't heard anything by then to contact them. I heard back the following week.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were fairly standard. The interviewers seemed concerned that I would not find the job satisfying or challenging enough.   Answer Question