Georgia Tech Interview Questions & Reviews in Georgia

2.4

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Georgia Tech in July 2014.

I was brought in on 3 different occasions. The first interview was a one on one with the hiring manager. The second interview was a panel interview with 4 people. The third interview was with the hiring manager, the Assistant VP and the VP.

I felt very confident in my ability to do the job, however the process was a little strange. I believe there may have been an internal candidate for this role. It seemed each time I was interviewed the questions were very basic interview questions. The third interview was interesting. It felt as if there was no interest and some of the managers did not seem be prepared to speak with me. I felt as if there was some dissension among the ranks as to what the role should be and as the day progressed I received two job descriptions.

After making it through to the third round, I received a blanket three line email that I was not hired.

Interview Questions
    • One manager brought up a concern they had with my answer to the question, "What challenges do you face in your current role?"   View Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Georgia Tech in November 2013.

The interview process was lengthy and the follow-up from the hiring manager was not great. After a couple of initial phone conversations, I was invited to the center for a panel interview, followed by a 1:1 interview that same day. After this panel interview, about 2-3 weeks later, I was invited to another panel interview, with 6 entirely different members from the first panel. There was a brief 1:1 recap after this 2nd panel interview. After each phase of the interview process, I would go into a black hole with regards to not hearing from the hiring manager, who each of the 1:1 and phone interviews were with. Although I sent a thank you note after each phase, and to each of the employees represented during the panels, I rarely heard back from anyone. I even had to email and place several phone calls to the hiring manager, as I was considering other job opportunities in the marketing field, to see if the position was still going to be filled. I was finally told that it was between myself and one additional candidate, and that another round with the hiring managers boss would be needed. After waiting several more weeks, I called the hiring manager, only to find out that the position was being altered and the hiring process would need to start over again, including submitting a resume and starting over from the beginning. How can you go from being one of the top two candidates, to now having to being again? What a waste of time and poor communication throughout. Fortunately I found a Marketing Coordinator position with a great company and I am completely happy. I have been employed here since January, 2014, and I've never looked back.

GRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

interviewed at Georgia Tech in January 2014.

I send my resume and CV to a professor. Then I made an appointment with him. In about 30 minutes, I answered several questions. 1. Courses I took in my undergraduate school. 2. Strength in my research and research experience. 3. My professor described his project. 4. We discussed tasks I will take.

Interview Questions
    • link my current knowledge to needs that my adviser may have   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Georgia Tech in March 2012.

Look for the call for applicants in late December and then be mindful of the late January deadline. Submit a two-page job letter, CV, and Teaching Portfolio (the teaching portfolio should include qualitative and quantitative data); request for a Skype Interview, 30 minutes, 5 interviewers, questions range from research to teaching.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see your research connecting to your teaching?   Answer Question
    This job has non-negotiable terms

Research Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Georgia Tech in July 2013.

Be prepared with what you want to work on. What is your plan? What have you worked on in the past? What do you want to continue to work on? What interests do you have? Why do you like research?

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate. I hate negotiating

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia Tech in October 2011.

It was not too formal although I found they were very professional. They asked me for reference letters and also they asked me for my previous contributions in science.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the technical question where addressed to my previous job. I feel comfortable discussing my work so it was not a problem for me.   Answer Question

Head Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Georgia Tech in January 2011.

Basically they review your application, including your grades in 2030 and 2031. Then Dr. Collins will talk to you made sure you are OK. Then there will be a general meeting for new TAs and you can make up your mind then.

Financial Administrator III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Georgia Tech.

I applied online in January 2014 and the process took 6 weeks. I had an initial interview in January with the hiring manager. I was called back in February for a 2nd interview with the hiring manager, her boss and the dean. At the end of the interview, I asked when a hiring decision would be made. All of the managers responded that the position was on hold due to funding. I was upset since they knew this prior to bringing me in for a 2nd interview that lasted an hour. It was a big waste of my time!

Interview Questions
    • I was given a scenario that required me to calculate the number of full time students a professor could request for assistant positions that were based on certain budget constraints.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant, ChBE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Georgia Tech in February 2010.

Apply online, if accepted, Georgia Tech will invite you to a recruitment weekend to see the campus and meet with students and professors.

Interview Questions
    • What research area are you interested in?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Georgia Tech in April 2010.

The hiring process is very typical. I submitted my application for the graduate school, including online application, recommendation letters, transcript. And then I received an email from my advisor to ask me if I am interested in his lab. I said yes!

No negotiation.

Worked for Georgia Tech? Contribute to the Community!