Georgia Tech

39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Engineer I Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Georgia Tech in July 2013.

Interview Details – Be prepared with what you want to work on. What is your plan? What have you worked on in the past? What do you want to continue to work on? What interests do you have? Why do you like research?

Interview Question – What is excellence?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I hate negotiating

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia Tech in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was not too formal although I found they were very professional. They asked me for reference letters and also they asked me for my previous contributions in science.

Interview Question – Most of the technical question where addressed to my previous job. I feel comfortable discussing my work so it was not a problem for me.   Answer Question

Head Teaching Assistant Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Georgia Tech in January 2011.

Interview Details – Basically they review your application, including your grades in 2030 and 2031. Then Dr. Collins will talk to you made sure you are OK. Then there will be a general meeting for new TAs and you can make up your mind then.

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult question   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Administrator III Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Georgia Tech.

Interview Details – I applied online in January 2014 and the process took 6 weeks. I had an initial interview in January with the hiring manager. I was called back in February for a 2nd interview with the hiring manager, her boss and the dean. At the end of the interview, I asked when a hiring decision would be made. All of the managers responded that the position was on hold due to funding. I was upset since they knew this prior to bringing me in for a 2nd interview that lasted an hour. It was a big waste of my time!

Interview Question – I was given a scenario that required me to calculate the number of full time students a professor could request for assistant positions that were based on certain budget constraints.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant, ChBE Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Georgia Tech in February 2010.

Interview Details – Apply online, if accepted, Georgia Tech will invite you to a recruitment weekend to see the campus and meet with students and professors.

Interview Question – What research area are you interested in?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Georgia Tech in April 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process is very typical. I submitted my application for the graduate school, including online application, recommendation letters, transcript. And then I received an email from my advisor to ask me if I am interested in his lab. I said yes!

Interview Question – I was not asked a question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Student Assistant Interview

Atlanta, GA

I interviewed at Georgia Tech in September 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process to become a student assistant was very informal. Student assistants are tasked with menial duties like copying, scanning, answering phones and emails, and many other tasks that may pop up anytime. The interview merely consisted of the Associate Director asking me questions about my international experience, office experience, language proficiency, and availability. It was very informal and easy.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Undergraduate Research Assistant
Atlanta, GA

I interviewed at Georgia Tech in February 2013.

Interview Details – Had a talk with a professor about my background and how I might be useful to the lab.

Interview Question – No technical questions. Just a straightforward "Why are you interested in this lab?"   Answer Question

Roll Call Graduate Assistant Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Georgia Tech in January 2009.

Interview Details – After submitting an application the Roll Call Manager will call you; you must be an active student to be employed in the call center. Once the phone interview is open, the first 3 days are considered training and then you go live.

Interview Question – In the beginning learning to take the 'canned speech' and make it your own, or per the caller's intent of asking questions or receiving accurate information.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The amount of hours spent working for previous colleges led to no negotiation but direct employment.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Georgia Tech in August 2009.

Interview Details – Rotational interviews with Professors who are looking for Ph.D and MS researchers

Interview Question – Why are you interested in pursuing a Ph.D.?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Georgia Tech

Worked for Georgia Tech? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Georgia Tech interview questions and advice in Georgia. All 39 interview reviews posted anonymously by Georgia Tech employees and interview candidates.