Georgia Tech Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions & Reviews

11 interviews

2.4

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I am working with my advisor here. We are doing very good projects. And he is very nice to me. I like everything here.

Other Interview Reviews for Georgia Tech

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Georgia Tech in April 2010.

The hiring process is very typical. I submitted my application for the graduate school, including online application, recommendation letters, transcript. And then I received an email from my advisor to ask me if I am interested in his lab. I said yes!

No negotiation.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

you have to apply online through the PhD application process. this is grad school.

Interview Questions
    • No interview , the professors choose students to admit based upon their fit with research interests.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Georgia Tech in August 2009.

Rotational interviews with Professors who are looking for Ph.D and MS researchers

easy.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

interviewed at Georgia Tech in March 2011.

Mainly just behavioral questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Georgia Tech in January 2009.

Had to communicate with individual professors separately, and see if I am a good fit for their research lab, and vice versa. Usually through emails. In many cases, there is no reply or a short reply, and the professors have very busy schedules.

Interview Questions
    • In my case, getting into the lab wasn't difficult. Mostly it's performing after I got in, and whether the professor thinks he should fund me or not based on my performance after a semester or two. It seems almost contractual every semester. I do not know for sure whether I will be kept as GRA, or whether I will be paid a different amount, each semester.   View Answer
    Know more about the professor you will be working with. Having the terms of the GRA upfront, and clear seems to make things clear for everyone. However, not having a clear beginning, and not knowing what is expected of you, makes things more difficult as you go through the phd program.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia Tech in April 2009.

I applied online and submitted alll the materials they asked for, including TOEFL, GRE, transcripts, resume, personal statement and also recommendation letters. After they went through the first background check, the professors who were interested in your background would contact you and asked you a few questions. If he/she is satisfied, you would get an offer from them.

Interview Questions
    • Here it requires solid mathematical background, are you confident in yours?   Answer Question
    • What classes did you take in math?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Georgia Tech in December 2008.

An email was sent to all students. I attached my resume along with the email. After about 20 days I got an interview offer with a particular date and time. I prepared real hard on the semiconductor devices and also made a presentation on the current research topics of the prof. he was really impressed by this presentation.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations as it was for a research assistant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Georgia Tech in August 2009.

It was an individual interview why my future advisor. We went through my resume, my research experience, the reasons why I was interested in his research... He also asked me to give a little technical presentation abouthe previous work I have done.... He gave me an answer a couple of days after

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Georgia Tech in March 2008.

One phone screen and one technical interview

Interview Questions
    • Why Analog design as your specialization?   View Answer
    No negotiation at all.

Worked for Georgia Tech? Contribute to the Community!