Georgia Tech

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Georgia Tech

Interview Details – I am working with my advisor here. We are doing very good projects. And he is very nice to me. I like everything here.

Interview Question – Sometimes Ph.D. life is difficult.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Georgia Tech in April 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process is very typical. I submitted my application for the graduate school, including online application, recommendation letters, transcript. And then I received an email from my advisor to ask me if I am interested in his lab. I said yes!

Interview Question – I was not asked a question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviewed at Georgia Tech

Interview Details – you have to apply online through the PhD application process. this is grad school.

Interview Question – No interview , the professors choose students to admit based upon their fit with research interests.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Georgia Tech in August 2009.

Interview Details – Rotational interviews with Professors who are looking for Ph.D and MS researchers

Interview Question – Why are you interested in pursuing a Ph.D.?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I interviewed at Georgia Tech in March 2011.

Interview Details – Mainly just behavioral questions

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Georgia Tech in January 2009.

Interview Details – Had to communicate with individual professors separately, and see if I am a good fit for their research lab, and vice versa. Usually through emails. In many cases, there is no reply or a short reply, and the professors have very busy schedules.

Interview Question – In my case, getting into the lab wasn't difficult. Mostly it's performing after I got in, and whether the professor thinks he should fund me or not based on my performance after a semester or two. It seems almost contractual every semester. I do not know for sure whether I will be kept as GRA, or whether I will be paid a different amount, each semester.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Know more about the professor you will be working with. Having the terms of the GRA upfront, and clear seems to make things clear for everyone. However, not having a clear beginning, and not knowing what is expected of you, makes things more difficult as you go through the phd program.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Georgia Tech in April 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online and submitted alll the materials they asked for, including TOEFL, GRE, transcripts, resume, personal statement and also recommendation letters. After they went through the first background check, the professors who were interested in your background would contact you and asked you a few questions. If he/she is satisfied, you would get an offer from them.

Interview Questions

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Georgia Tech in December 2008.

Interview Details – An email was sent to all students. I attached my resume along with the email. After about 20 days I got an interview offer with a particular date and time. I prepared real hard on the semiconductor devices and also made a presentation on the current research topics of the prof. he was really impressed by this presentation.

Interview Question – How would you see yourself in 2 years time?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations as it was for a research assistant.

Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Georgia Tech in August 2009.

Interview Details – It was an individual interview why my future advisor. We went through my resume, my research experience, the reasons why I was interested in his research... He also asked me to give a little technical presentation abouthe previous work I have done.... He gave me an answer a couple of days after

Interview Question – Tell me about one research project you worked on   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Georgia Tech in March 2008.

Interview Details – One phone screen and one technical interview

Interview Question – Why Analog design as your specialization?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Georgia Tech

Worked for Georgia Tech? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Georgia Tech Graduate Research Assistant interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Georgia Tech employees and interview candidates.