Georgia Tech Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.4

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

I am working with my advisor here. We are doing very good projects. And he is very nice to me. I like everything here.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Georgia Tech

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

you have to apply online through the PhD application process. this is grad school.

Interview Questions

• No interview , the professors choose students to admit based upon their fit with research interests.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

Since this was a graduate student position, you just apply online. After acceptance there is a recruitment event in which new potential graduate students get the opportunity to meet with senior grads/postdocs and advisors. Individual meetings are set up for advisors you are interested in. Generally you will meet with the advisor, and separately with their students. Expect to hear back pretty quickly (~1 week).

Interview Questions

• What is your background in? Have you done undergraduate research? Which instruments are you familiar with?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Georgia Tech in March 2011.

Interview

Mainly just behavioral questions

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Tech in January 2011.

Interview

There is nothing like an interview process, just apply for a PhD. The most important step is the qualifiers exam - both oral and written. Unless one aces the qualifiers exam, one is not formally admitted to a PhD program.

Negotiation

The GRA salaries are fixed

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in April 2010.

Interview

The hiring process is very typical. I submitted my application for the graduate school, including online application, recommendation letters, transcript. And then I received an email from my advisor to ask me if I am interested in his lab. I said yes!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in August 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with two professors and was asked about relevant work experience

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience   1 Answer

Application

Interview

It was an individual interview why my future advisor. We went through my resume, my research experience, the reasons why I was interested in his research... He also asked me to give a little technical presentation abouthe previous work I have done.... He gave me an answer a couple of days after

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in August 2009.

Interview

Rotational interviews with Professors who are looking for Ph.D and MS researchers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

easy.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA) in April 2009.

Interview

I applied online and submitted alll the materials they asked for, including TOEFL, GRE, transcripts, resume, personal statement and also recommendation letters. After they went through the first background check, the professors who were interested in your background would contact you and asked you a few questions. If he/she is satisfied, you would get an offer from them.

Interview Questions

• Here it requires solid mathematical background, are you confident in yours?   Answer Question
    • What classes did you take in math?   Answer Question